• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

King Thrash Gaming Defends his analysis after continued trash talking and personal attacks.

Shifty

Gold Member
Sep 25, 2015
the planet Thra
The thing is, King Thrash DOES know what he's talking about in his video that he called DF out on. Why would he need to make another video about it to prove he's right? If anything it should be DF defending themselves with a new video but nope, they went on era, twitter and now gaf to attack the guy. I take it you didn't watch his Gears and Borderlands video.
I did watch his Gears and Borderlands video, posted to that effect in the last thread even. The callout consisted of a poorly-presented diatribe about bad effects - bullet holes, footstep sounds, character models getting wet, etc - that he was slating DF for omitting in their analyses.

Now, I expect any channel presenting itself as critique or analysis to actually put a bit of effort into structuring and presenting its thesis, but even ignoring that and focusing solely on the points made I don't for a minute think he knows what he's talking about in the context of this callout.

Digital Foundry's purview is the technology behind the games; Pixel counts, framerate graphs, shading / level of detail / performance optimization techniques, all the stuff the game engine does in order to get a nice-looking image onto your screen as many times per second as it can.

What actually goes on in the game world - bullet holes leaving marks, surfaces having appropriate footstep sounds, characters getting wet - is straying into game design territory, and thus not the focus of the production. Sure, they'll praise a game if those touches are well-implemented and add to the presentation, but that's a footnote at best.

Framing DF as a source of misinformation and poor critique for not highlighting those things is hyperbolic, disingenuous as fuck, and entirely missing the point of what they do in their videos. Any luddite with a controller can start recording and whip themselves into a lather over poor game design, but it takes a luddite with technical expertise and specialized equipment to properly analyse the technology that powers it, and to relay that information to an audience in layman's terms.

So my takeaway here is that thelastword thelastword and King Trash are both playing themselves hard by stirring up rant-o-riffic drama (and fielding some truly cringeworthy fallacies in the process) over an inconsequential part of DF's content that can be had better elsewhere.

Last edited:

thelastword

Gold Member
Apr 7, 2006
Shifty Shifty

He opens with some vague claim about how 'gamers always take things at face value' is not elablorated on and ultimately goes nowhere.

Face value meaning, they are not in the habit of digging deep enough themselves and questioning obvious misrepresentations, they just smirk it off...…even when they realize there is smoke in the room......

Rattles on about PS Now for a bit.
Says that he wasn't saying shit when this video wouldn't have been made if he hadn't been 'saying shit' in the first place.

This was the general news bit, he spoke of Layden too...….Yes, he would not still be on this, had it not been for recent threads where Dark10x was still crying about the video and speaking about how it caused him pain.....where in that thread he also said KTG does not know what he's talking about......At least KTG shows what he's talking about as opposed to "I have no evidence, I'm caught with my pants down, believe me my underlings, support me"

Claims that he doesn't give a fuck when, again, he obviously gave enough of a fuck to make a video about it.
Again, he actually said he gave "fucks" because someone called him a liar without any details or stats or counter. Calling someone out with a void note.....

Tilts hard over being told he doesn't know what he's on about, but does nothing to prove otherwise.
He has already proven what he said, he does not need to prove anything again. unless you're blind of course......But no worries, this video was just a precursor to an actual analysis.....

Says that DF should come talk to him. Lol sure, throw rocks and then send an invite signed "literally who".

No, Dark10X wants to talk to folk who disagree with him and come to a common ground, that common ground is not about him conceding to his mistakes, it's about him asking folk to stall calling him out.....He didn't suggest talking to DF, Dark10x did. KTG said he's open to it....So much for a fanboy or someone who was already called "a guy who does not what he's talking about" and verbally assaulted on twitter by dictator with the same spiel....I guess he is the rational and calm one here, isn't he...

Rambles about being unbiased, which is totally irrelevant to the point at hand.
Digs up some hella weak 'dirt' on DF's patreon (read: disgruntled gaffers. i thought we were persona non grata now?) in an attempt to smear his opponent...

Who brought up bias? I'll telly you, the DF staff and fans saying he is a PS fanboy and he does not know what he is talking about all over twitter and forums.....Then he mentioned the disgruntled Patreon thread, which he happened to see whilst on here, showing that DF has work to do in more areas....Stop pretending that everything is honkie dorie……..

Briefly goes hard on some 'blame the nigga' victim complex nonsense when this is about the quality of his critique, not the color of his skin.

That was a joke, but the irony of what you just said is something now innit…..KTG made a video showing where DF misrepresented great lighting, shadows and reflections. KTG did not just write in a forum post that "Dark10x does not know what he's talking about" or Dark10x "misrepresented the truth", he showed it in video form.....As opposed to Dark10x just talking and not showing how great the lighting, shadows, reflections actually are in contrast to what KTG said.....I'd love to see that rebuttal video, and whilst they're at it, how about show us the physics too and subpar animations and how all of that play into the visual package that makes it so great.....Whilst at it, tell us how Gears not getting wet in water, with disappearing bodies, prints and everything in seconds is such a high bar for graphics?

And has another little tilt about being called a liar, which fundamentally misses the point. "You don't know what you're on about" means "you're misinformed" not "you're intentionally attempting to deceive".

Who cares about words...….KTG showed us his points, why he thought the graphics wasn't as great as DF described, he showed us that 1+1=2, it's up to Dark10X to convince us that 1+1=11...…..Stop using words that means nothing, just like the SSS behind the ear......

I'd bet dollars to donuts that thelastword thelastword is the very same 'person in chat' that tipped him off to the original thread. What a lark :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_ok:

You're so sure of Life aren't you? How much you want to bet?

You can't deny that he has the market cornered on unsubstantiated anecdotal nitpicking.

Yes, which is what tech is, nitpicking details, to the wire, every second, every frame, ATD, 0.1% lows, 1% lows.....Med, Average, Max......SSS that is actually SSS, Great shadows, reflections and lighting that are actually ummm Great....What's your issue with in depth tech analyses?

Kindly define 'right' for the room without using the word 'objective'.

Just ensuring that we all on the same page, because lately; wrong is right and right is wrong, better framerates are worse than worse framerates......

So when is King Trash going to be doing these things? Thus far his attitude smacks of "I'm right and don't need to prove it", and his videos are crammed to bursting with 'opinions and gross misrepresentations' in the lieu of actual hard facts.

If you were following, you would realize that he has proven all his points, unless your eyes are intact of course.....I guess he is about to show a trend with DF in his new video....

Basic reading comprehension. He's saying you and your King Trash are the bottom of the barrel now those notables have fucked off to Era.

Again, your eyes are clearly bad, how many fingers do I have up? His name is King Thrash actually...... and you can take those lying notables and shove them up straight up your crass......

You don't get to use the word 'objectively' unless you can back it up with facts.

Facts to you are words from a select few, facts to me is video evidence that prove things.....Take comfort in words of others if it suits you. Objective data is not derived from someone lying and talking out their ass....

Reactions: demigod
May 22, 2018
Shifty Shifty

He opens with some vague claim about how 'gamers always take things at face value' is not elablorated on and ultimately goes nowhere.

Face value meaning, they are not in the habit of digging deep enough themselves and questioning obvious misrepresentations, they just smirk it off...…even when they realize there is smoke in the room......

Rattles on about PS Now for a bit.
Says that he wasn't saying shit when this video wouldn't have been made if he hadn't been 'saying shit' in the first place.

This was the general news bit, he spoke of Layden too...….Yes, he would not still be on this, had it not been for recent threads where Dark10x was still crying about the video and speaking about how it caused him pain.....where in that thread he also said KTG does not know what he's talking about......At least KTG shows what he's talking about as opposed to "I have no evidence, I'm caught with my pants down, believe me my underlings, support me"

Claims that he doesn't give a fuck when, again, he obviously gave enough of a fuck to make a video about it.
Again, he actually said he gave "fucks" because someone called him a liar without any details or stats or counter. Calling someone out with a void note.....

Tilts hard over being told he doesn't know what he's on about, but does nothing to prove otherwise.
He has already proven what he said, he does not need to prove anything again. unless you're blind of course......But no worries, this video was just a precursor to an actual analysis.....

Says that DF should come talk to him. Lol sure, throw rocks and then send an invite signed "literally who".

No, Dark10X wants to talk to folk who disagree with him and come to a common ground, that common ground is not about him conceding to his mistakes, it's about him asking folk to stall calling him out.....He didn't suggest talking to DF, Dark10x did. KTG said he's open to it....So much for a fanboy or someone who was already called "a guy who does not what he's talking about" and verbally assaulted on twitter by dictator with the same spiel....I guess he is the rational and calm one here, isn't he...

Rambles about being unbiased, which is totally irrelevant to the point at hand.
Digs up some hella weak 'dirt' on DF's patreon (read: disgruntled gaffers. i thought we were persona non grata now?) in an attempt to smear his opponent...

Who brought up bias? I'll telly you, the DF staff and fans saying he is a PS fanboy and he does not know what he is talking about all over twitter and forums.....Then he mentioned the disgruntled Patreon thread, which he happened to see whilst on here, showing that DF has work to do in more areas....Stop pretending that everything is honkie dorie……..

Briefly goes hard on some 'blame the nigga' victim complex nonsense when this is about the quality of his critique, not the color of his skin.

That was a joke, but the irony of what you just said is something now innit…..KTG made a video showing where DF misrepresented great lighting, shadows and reflections. KTG did not just write in a forum post that "Dark10x does not know what he's talking about" or Dark10x "misrepresented the truth", he showed it in video form.....As opposed to Dark10x just talking and not showing how great the lighting, shadows, reflections actually are in contrast to what KTG said.....I'd love to see that rebuttal video, and whilst they're at it, how about show us the physics too and subpar animations and how all of that play into the visual package that makes it so great.....Whilst at it, tell us how Gears not getting wet in water, with disappearing bodies, prints and everything in seconds is such a high bar for graphics?

And has another little tilt about being called a liar, which fundamentally misses the point. "You don't know what you're on about" means "you're misinformed" not "you're intentionally attempting to deceive".

Who cares about words...….KTG showed us his points, why he thought the graphics wasn't as great as DF described, he showed us that 1+1=2, it's up to Dark10X to convince us that 1+1=11...…..Stop using words that means nothing, just like the SSS behind the ear......

I'd bet dollars to donuts that thelastword thelastword is the very same 'person in chat' that tipped him off to the original thread. What a lark :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_ok:

You can't deny that he has the market cornered on unsubstantiated anecdotal nitpicking.

Yes, which is what tech is, nitpicking details, to the wire, every second, every frame, ATD, 0.1% lows, 1% lows.....Med, Average, Max......SSS that is actually SSS, Great shadows, reflections and lighting that are actually ummm Great....What's your issue with in depth tech analyses?

Kindly define 'right' for the room without using the word 'objective'.

Just ensuring that we all on the same page, because lately; wrong is right and right is wrong, better framerates are worse than worse framerates......

So when is King Trash going to be doing these things? Thus far his attitude smacks of "I'm right and don't need to prove it", and his videos are crammed to bursting with 'opinions and gross misrepresentations' in the lieu of actual hard facts.

If you were following, you would realize that he has proven all his points, unless your eyes are intact of course.....I guess he is about to show a trend with DF in his new video....

Basic reading comprehension. He's saying you and your King Trash are the bottom of the barrel now those notables have fucked off to Era.

Again, your eyes are clearly bad, how many fingers do I have up? His name is King Thrash actually...... and you can take those lying notables and shove them up straight up your crass......

You don't get to use the word 'objectively' unless you can back it up with facts.

Facts to you are words from a select few, facts to me is video evidence that prove things.....Take comfort in words of others if it suits you. Objective data is not derived from someone lying and talking out their ass....
After reading all this the conclusion I came to was "who cares".

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Animagic

thelastword

Gold Member
Apr 7, 2006
I think it's time for Shifty Shifty to make a video to prove King Thrash wrong.
Everybody is about talking and proving nothing...…..Hell, I've probably posted more pics on Gears than many of these posters talking here.....If anybody can post a video that counters KTG's video I'd love to see it...….I'd love someone to show me the great graphics, the great lighting, shadows, reflections and ATD...….Apart from the physics issues, I remember seeing lots of low poly objects, many low rez details, with textures at max on PC, not XBOX textures...….Kait herself looks very low poly in the snow and sand hubs, Gears 5 is probably one the most inconsistent games I've seen from MS this gen...…..So many dark areas to hide low poly and drab textures...….The cost of 60fps is clearly written on this title, just like any other 60fps MS game this gen....

• LOL
Reactions: Samsomite

Kagey K

Dec 18, 2013
Goddamn shit got harsh in here.

All I’m going to say is if he wants to be voice for analysis in the industry he needs to be the first to post a video about some of these games, so that his conclusions can be tested, instead of always being reactionary.

He seems quite content with finding ways to prove others wrong, but has never put out his own content first to let it be scrutinized by other people.

Aug 28, 2019
Goddamn shit got harsh in here.

All I’m going to say is if he wants to be voice for analysis in the industry he needs to be the first to post a video about some of these games, so that his conclusions can be tested, instead of always being reactionary.

He seems quite content with finding ways to prove others wrong, but has never put out his own content first to let it be scrutinized by other people.
But you can scrutinize his content, what's stopping you? and reaction videos are a totally legitimate way to do things. Heck, what's the point of your posts besides to react to things?

This thread has some embarrassing takes from people who don't think they have to prove their point because they're arguing against a lowly peasant, "ghetto trash" even as some say. He's inarticulate and doesn't have the following or clout of DF, so why even take his arguments seriously, right?

Shifty is the worst offender because he's not just being a drive-by nobody, he posts a real lot of nothing instead. He totally avoids the subjects of shadows or reflections in his critique. Personally, I'm no expert on lighting, shadow tech or good reflection tech. I'll admit it straight out, I need a better argument than "he's wrong because I said so" because that IS what the argument boils down to.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Dec 18, 2013
But you can scrutinize his content, what's stopping you? and reaction videos are a totally legitimate way to do things. Heck, what's the point of your posts besides to react to things?

This thread has some embarrassing takes from people who don't think they have to prove their point because they're arguing against a lowly peasant, "ghetto trash" even as some say. He's inarticulate and doesn't have the following or clout of DF, so why even take his arguments seriously, right?

Shifty is the worst offender because he's not just being a drive-by nobody, he posts a real lot of nothing instead. He totally avoids the subjects of shadows or reflections in his critique. Personally, I'm no expert on lighting, shadow tech or good reflection tech. I'll admit it straight out, I need a better argument than "he's wrong because I said so" because that IS what the argument boils down to.
He gets to decide what’s wrong, and find cherry picked instances of it.

He needs to lead the pack if he wants to believe he is better.
He needs to open the conversation instead of rebutting it, if he wants to prove he is the best.

Its really that simple.

Aug 28, 2019

He needs to open the conversation instead of rebutting it, if he wants to prove he is the best.

Its really that simple.
Cherry picked? If DF says the shadows are 100% dynamic and he can show ANY INSTANCE where they aren't then he's right. If DF praises reflections but he can find bad reflections he's made another point. WTF does cherry picking matter when we're talking about the consistency of the visual quality in a game?

Lead what pack?
Open the conversation instead of rebutting it? Holy shit this is a bad and dumb take.

No, what's simple is you have no answer for what he's saying so instead are mad that he's reacting to something??? Can't you guys make substantive arguments instead of just finding ways around confronting the arguments? It's getting pathetic if it wasn't already.

Kagey K

Dec 18, 2013
Cherry picked? If DF says the shadows are 100% dynamic and he can show ANY INSTANCE where they aren't then he's right. If DF praises reflections but he can find bad reflections he's made another point. WTF does cherry picking matter when we're talking about the consistency of the visual quality in a game?

Lead what pack?
Open the conversation instead of rebutting it? Holy shit this is a bad and dumb take.

No, what's simple is you have no answer for what he's saying so instead are mad that he's reacting to something??? Can't you guys make substantive arguments instead of just finding ways around confronting the arguments? It's getting pathetic if it wasn't already.
I would agree, it is fucking pathetic.

So I am done.

Letme know when he puts up an original analysis that can be scrutinized, until then he cant, won’t, or will never be close to the real deal.

Pallas

May 9, 2018
Tennessee
I can’t believe Gaf is still arguing about this.

It’s easy to criticize someone else’s work and poke holes into someone’s hard work. Maybe I’m overthinking it but I feel like TLW’s Thrash thread, and other threads where he used his videos just seem to be inciting pointless drama. DF ain’t perfect though, obviously but to use that guy as a counter to DF’s deep analysis of Gears 5 just seems inflaming. To my next point ...

Wouldn’t it had been better and more constructive to counter it with another analysis like from VG Tech? Personally I’d take them more seriously than someone who just wants to pick apart DF’s shit.

Aug 28, 2019
I would agree, it is fucking pathetic.

So I am done.

Letme know when he puts up an original analysis that can be scrutinized, until then he cant, won’t, or will never be close to the real deal.
Is this like don't criticize a movie until you make one of your own? Really childish crap, my dude.

Reactions: demigod

Kagey K

Dec 18, 2013
Is this like don't criticize a movie until you make one of your own? Really childish crap, my dude.
Not in the least, but it’s nice how you try to turn it around that way.
It’s a great deflection, but it doesn’t work in this case.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Dec 18, 2013
Can you say why it doesn't work? Can you add any substance to any of your posts beyond "nuh-uh"??
Yes, I can and have done as stated above over and over.

Can you do anything other then deflect and come up with excuses?

if he is really the best why isn’t he making these videos and proving them without a doubt?

Aug 28, 2019
Yes, I can and have done as stated above over and over.

Can you do anything other then deflect and come up with excuses?

if he is really the best why isn’t he making these videos and proving them without a doubt?
Wait, where did you explain why what you're arguing is different from saying "you can't critique a movie unless you can make one"??? Because I must have missed it. If he really is the best what, btw? Whose claiming he's the best anything and why does critiquing something mean you need to be able to do it yourself? Since when has that ever been true? I'm not deflecting, I'm asking for clarification on your actual arguments. Also what excuse am I using? I'm legit trying to understand the logic of your ideas and if it actually applies outside this one single instance.

Kagey K

Dec 18, 2013
Wait, where did you explain why what you're arguing is different from saying "you can't critique a movie unless you can make one"??? Because I must have missed it. If he really is the best what, btw? Whose claiming he's the best anything and why does critiquing something mean you need to be able to do it yourself? Since when has that ever been true? I'm not deflecting, I'm asking for clarification on your actual arguments. Also what excuse am I using? I'm legit trying to understand the logic of your ideas and if it actually applies outside this one single instance.
🤷‍♂️

At this point you can believe what you like.

Nobody will convince you differently, and that’s fine.
have a good night.

whether you believe Digital Foundry, or VGtech or King Trash
. Video games are fin and we should all have fun playing them.

Aug 28, 2019
🤷‍♂️

At this point you can believe what you like.

Nobody will convince you differently, and that’s fine.
have a good night.

whether you believe Digital Foundry, or VGtech or King Trash
. Video games are fin and we should all have fun playing them.
Why do I need to pick one source to believe? Can't they all raise valid points and together form a more coherent picture of a game's technical abilities? There's no need for tribalism.

PropellerEar

Neo Member
Dec 8, 2018
The KTG gears5 video was hilarious.
He brought up valid faults in DF's professional analysis in a funny way.

Just DF and their fans can't take any criticism, and have to say the guy doesn't know what he is talking about.

Can't blame him from answering to all that shit talk, when he did prove the obvious faults in DFs professional analysis of Gears.

xool

May 29, 2018
The thing is, many attack him because objectively he is right and DF is wrong, who cares how he delivers it. [..], he shows where DF insulted our intelligence by showing a clip of SSS, where there was none, so I guess we would never see that ear missing SSS because we are blind lemmings and unintelligent loons, how would we know, we believe DF implicitly anyway, right?
The thing is, King Thrash DOES know what he's talking about in his video that he called DF out on. Why would he need to make another video about it to prove he's right? If anything it should be DF defending themselves with a new video but nope, they went on era, twitter and now gaf to attack the guy. I take it you didn't watch his Gears and Borderlands video.
Can't blame him from answering to all that shit talk, when he did prove the obvious faults in DFs professional analysis of Gears.
Cringe intro aside, the guy was right, and it wasn't just nit-picking - the bolded part was particularly damning.

I'm not surprised some at DF are butt-hurt - you could 100% come away from the Gears video thinking they were just a bunch of industry shills, waxing lyrical about technical achievements to sell games ..

Sad to see so many bans over this too. Glad I was asleep during the last 2 pages.

ew.

bilderberg

Apr 7, 2018

Its really that simple.
Analyzation's are allowed to be analyzed. Why must he fill the same niche as DF before being able to criticize them? We have VGtech, we have NXgamer; who have put holes into a lot of DF's critiques and arguments as well. I enjoy DF but they shouldn't be your only source for this type of information, and their reactions to any critique whether it be from this guy or someone like NXgamer have been frankly embarrassing.

Reactions: TLZ

Damian black

Feb 9, 2019
The KTG gears5 video was hilarious.
He brought up valid faults in DF's professional analysis in a funny way.

Just DF and their fans can't take any criticism, and have to say the guy doesn't know what he is talking about.

DF are just butthurt that they got called out.
No way in hell they didnt notice the flawas in gears5, but they are somehow always nice with ms titles as of recently.
You can tell they want that exclusive scarlet reveal so bad.

Journey

Aug 18, 2014
Which people do as well

Not saying no one does that, but if you're going to call yourself the best movie reviewer while only criticizing critics, then it's time to change your title to critic reviewer, not movie reviewer.

Reactions: Isa

bilderberg

Apr 7, 2018
Not saying no one does that, but if you're going to call yourself the best movie reviewer while only criticizing critics, then it's time to change your title to critic reviewer, not movie reviewer.
But you're ascribing titles to him that he never asked for or claimed to be. Where is he saying he's the best at anything? Sounds like you're just making up a point that doesn't exist to make a counter argument. I don't think he's trying to be the next Digital Foundry or NXgamer. Look at his library, these analyses critiques make up about 2-3 videos of his content.

Shifty

Gold Member
Sep 25, 2015
the planet Thra

Eh, say what? I was busy sleeping.

Oh! Right. King Trash thread, yes.

I think it's time for Shifty Shifty to make a video to prove King Thrash wrong.
And after I wrote you out a proper thought-out response too :messenger_pensive:

Would you like me to crowbar it into windows movie maker for the sake of consuming it as a video?

Aw c'mon man, why'd you have get your ass banned before I could flex on your response? :messenger_crying:

Grand, assuming you speak on behalf of KT and aren't simply interpreting what little we did get.
Would have been good if that was covered in the video though.

A general news section in a callout video...?

Yes, he would not still be on this, had it not been for recent threads where Dark10x was still crying about the video and speaking about how it caused him pain.....
In the words of the foremost poet of our generation, "Nigga Just Walk Away From The Screen Like Nigga Close Your Eyes Haha".

If you throw stones, you should probably expect a few in return.

where in that thread he also said KTG does not know what he's talking about......At least KTG shows what he's talking about as opposed to "I have no evidence, I'm caught with my pants down, believe me my underlings, support me"
Neither you nor KT have done anything to prove that claim so far, mister underling. Just a lot of ranting and raving and claiming that he's right.

Meanwhile if you scroll up to post #101 at the top of this page, you'll find a comprehensive breakdown of why KT's initial callout was off the mark and why this ongoing drama is a pointless boondoggle.

You mean exactly what KT did in the first place? Shitting on DF and calling them unreliable because they cover actual technical information rather than the surface-level nitpicking that he cares to see?

B r u h

And again, being told that you don't know what you're talking about is not the same as being told that you're a liar. The latter implies intentional intent to deceive, whereas the former is simply "you don't have all the facts".

He has already proven what he said, he does not need to prove anything again. unless you're blind of course......
Where? The video from your last thread proved nothing past the fact that he entirely missed the point of what DF are doing.

His entire claim is built on the faulty assumption that DF should be calling out stuff like bad bullet holes, sound effects, and character / environment interaction in the first place, as opposed to their actual mission statement which is the following as per their YouTube page:

"Digital Foundry specialises in game technology and hardware reviews, using bespoke capture and analysis tools to provide a unique look at the way games play."

Game technology and hardware reviews.

What pray tell is the technology behind someone doing a rush-job on their surface -> sound mapping table and bullet decals, or not implementing wetness effects?

But no worries, this video was just a precursor to an actual analysis.....
For real? Excellent. I look forward to seeing some genuine analytical content.

(And also to thoroughly deconstructing it for the fallacy that it will no doubt be.)

No, Dark10X wants to talk to folk who disagree with him and come to a common ground, that common ground is not about him conceding to his mistakes, it's about him asking folk to stall calling him out.....
Another assertion you've yet to prove. What's your reasoning, because KT said so?

I've yet to see any behaviour that warrants assuming the worst of the man like that.

He didn't suggest talking to DF, Dark10x did. KTG said he's open to it....So much for a fanboy or someone who was already called "a guy who does not what he's talking about" and verbally assaulted on twitter by dictator with the same spiel....I guess he is the rational and calm one here, isn't he...
'Dictator' :messenger_tears_of_joy:
'Verbally Assaulted' :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Did you miss the part where KT was the instigator of this whole thing? And in a manner that cannot be described as 'rational and calm', at that.

Who brought up bias? I'll telly you, the DF staff and fans saying he is a PS fanboy and he does not know what he is talking about all over twitter and forums.....
Another point that would have been great to see in the video, for those of us that you seem intent on spreading The Good Word to.

Then he mentioned the disgruntled Patreon thread, which he happened to see whilst on here, showing that DF has work to do in more areas....Stop pretending that everything is honkie dorie……..
I never said everything is hunky-dory, but by the same token both you and KT are blowing that GAF thread out of proportion. A few people on a niche gaming forum being disgruntled at DF's patreon does not mean that the sky is falling and they're secretly super corrupt scumbags.

And regardless, dragging it into this particular drama is a transparent attempt at character assasination. It doesn't have anything to do with these claims that DF does bad critique.

I dunno man, it sounded pretty angry for a joke. Almost like he was trying to play the race card as a shield against his bad critique when he should be 'admitting his mistakes' and improving as a critic.

As for the rest of this paragraph... Blah blah blah reiterating the same unfounded claims blah blah, digital foundry don't highlight the nitpicks i want blah blah, i don't know what a pixel shader is blah blah.

Who cares about words...…
Words are the trading currency of all critics. If you want to sit at the big boy table, you get to be judged by big boy standards.

KTG showed us his points, why he thought the graphics wasn't as great as DF described, he showed us that 1+1=2, it's up to Dark10X to convince us that 1+1=11...…..Stop using words that means nothing, just like the SSS behind the ear......
He sat in front of the thing he didn't like and spouted "look at this nigga holy shit look at it" for eight minutes straight. At no point did he, say, bring up footage of DF's analysis and point out exactly what he thought was wrong with it, thus providng the evidence to back his claims as would be expected from a real critic.

Stop using words that means nothing, just like the SSS behind the ear......
I'm not going to hamper my lexicon for chumps that never bothered to learn. Go read a book.

I am, yes. Being able to think critically brings with it a certain confidence.

In this case, you're the through-line between KT and GAF, a niche gaming forum that he doesn't appear to be affiliated with that just so happened to make an appearance in his latest callout-of-the-callout-of-the-callout video thanks to some mysterious tip-off.

Now granted, there are a few other folks in this thread that seem to know who he is. Probability dictates that they're also possible candidates, but none of them have been making quite as big of a fuss as you. That bumps you up the list just a little bit.

Tech is what a game engine does, not the failings of the designer working in it.

Calling KT a 'tech analysis' channel is the funniest joke I've heard since Dara O'Briain did the Craic Dealer tour.

And, surprising no one, you have failed to address the point and define what you mean by 'right' in this context.

It takes more than saying "I'm right" for me to believe that you're right. It takes evidence and a well-argued case, neither of which are present here.

I guess he is about to show a trend with DF in his new video....
I love this foreshadowing. It's like the cliffhanger at the end of an episode of Lost.

The guy literally said "they're gone and now your crap is all that's left", not "these people left because King Trash makes bad videos".

Imagine being so tunnel-visioned you read that and somehow twist it into an ad-hominem against your favourite critic :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Bro you're projecting really hard right now. Bro though. Bro.

'Facts' to you are anecdotal claims supported with nothing. King Trash points at A, asserts that B == C and you take it as gospel without him ever having demonstrated how B or C relate to what he's showing you.

I on the other hand, insist on seeing A, B and C before accepting that B == C, and also demand an explanation for why A was relevant in the first place when it had nothing to do with B or C according to the presented case. That is what it means to think critically.

Catch you in two weeks fam.

demigod

Apr 17, 2007
Eh, say what? I was busy sleeping.

Oh! Right. King Trash thread, yes.

And after I wrote you out a proper thought-out response too :messenger_pensive:

Would you like me to crowbar it into windows movie maker for the sake of consuming it as a video?

Aw c'mon man, why'd you have get your ass banned before I could flex on your response? :messenger_crying:

Grand, assuming you speak on behalf of KT and aren't simply interpreting what little we did get.
Would have been good if that was covered in the video though.
Because it was gibberish. You really think footprints, bullet holes, water effects, reflections are not part of the graphics? You might want to tell Nvidia about their RTX then. And yes, go make a video proving King Thrash is wrong, I would love to see that.

Goodjob responding to someone that's temp banned where he can't rebuttal your responses.

Last edited:

Shifty

Gold Member
Sep 25, 2015
the planet Thra
Because it was gibberish. You really think footprints, bullet holes, water effects, reflections are not part of the graphics? You might want to tell Nvidia about their RTX then.
It flew right over your head then, I see.

Goodjob responding to someone that's temp banned where he can't rebuttal your responses.
If he wanted to reply then perhaps he shouldn't have gotten himself banned.

I'm simply taking my right of response, he's quite free to do the same when he gets back.

Fucking christ. Enjoy your ego trip prick
I'm just trying to keep in the spirit of the thread. Can't have a proper callout without a mic drop ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

c0de

Banned
Aug 22, 2012
Wow, if Gears 5 is able to generate so much drama on this forum, I can't wait to see that the next years will do to it. TLW will have it rough but site runners will have to make a decision whether this clown should be the one others identify the site with.

Reactions: phil_t98

Three

Oct 26, 2014
Digital Foundry's purview is the technology behind the games; Pixel counts, framerate graphs, shading / level of detail / performance optimization techniques, all the stuff the game engine does in order to get a nice-looking image onto your screen as many times per second as it can.

What actually goes on in the game world - bullet holes leaving marks, surfaces having appropriate footstep sounds, characters getting wet - is straying into game design territory,
That's often not true though because they dedicated a large chunck of their analysis to snow effects and how it stays and things like water effects and ice breaking to kill enemies. Game design. In fact what we didn't get in the analysis is actual resolutions. I don't see how him discussing bullet holes not staying is any different to that.

Last edited:
Reactions: demigod and CuNi
Jan 29, 2019
come on, dude. no need to be a blind zealot! If this guy makes a compelling case, with proof and evidence, we should hear him.

yikes, 42 seconds intro? Damn...
damn, its 9 minutes of nothing...someone called him a liar and in his next video he is going to show he is not...ok what a waste of time, at least I set it to 2x speed.
love his style, it's very preachy and he actually has a point (not sure I would call every mis steps DF does a lie, but they did have a pretty harsh response to his counter Gears 5 analysis - because he pointed out that the game doesn't do everything they claim it does and it's in many ways less impressive than Gears 4).. So they insulted him on Resetera on twitter, he made another video about that episode.

I think that's the one.

Now you can dislike the style, he is very verbose, it's not a very effective way to convey technical information, and he does not seem to use proper technical jargon all the time - but he is usually right on the spot.

So more recently the DF staff came here and decided to claim they were hurt (maybe John is really saddened by this kind of harsh criticism), I think this shows in their latest TLoU2 video... but this random guy on a barely visible channel has this much impact on them? last time I was called a liar I did not go put myself in the corner assuming a fetal position.... I mean, this whole new analysis format from DF came from nxGamer, DF had articles and silent videos before then, they stepped up their game, and in some sense what they do now is very well realised.

Xaero Testosterone

Formerly 'Xaero Gravity'
May 12, 2013
Canada Eh
So anyone got a recap of this whole thing? Who's right, who's wrong? Who's side should I be on?

Is King Thrash actually credible? Is he anti XB1 which is why TLW siding with his views? Is TLW King Thrash? :O

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Shifty