• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

King Thrash Gaming Defends his analysis after continued trash talking and personal attacks.

Aug 28, 2019
Ridiculous is you expecting me to watch 40 minutes of that shit just so I can be all like "ackshully..." This isn't an academic decathlon.

I saw a few minutes of his last video, watched a few minutes of this one. Didn't like anything of what I heard.

The point of the Halo comparison was to illustrate how different the scope of Gears' open world was in comparison to Spiderman's, but eh, I'm tired of this already.

My system of choice is your mother. She says you're grounded.
I don't expect that of you, my expectations are pretty low. I do expect you to acknowledge you can't know for sure the guy is wrong without even hearing his entire argument.

Speaking of missing the point of comparisons... that's exactly what you were doing by saying Gears doesn't need a real day/night cycle, did Spider-Man?

Reactions: pawel86ck

TUROK

Aug 27, 2010
Speaking of missing the point of comparisons... that's exactly what you were doing by saying Gears doesn't need a real day/night cycle, did Spider-Man?
Yeesh, you're so invested in this that you're seeing intent that isn't even there.

The overall point is that in open world games of Spiderman's scale, one typically sees a time of day system. It's not a bad thing, and given the nature of how the game's missions work, it's the choice that makes the most sense. Neither game NEEDS a time of day cycle, but Spiderman's type of game world does tend to have them pretty often. That's it.

You're so caught up with the idea that there's a competition between these games.

And that's 2 personal insults by you already in this thread. How old are you kiddo?
Old enough to know better than to take fanboy shit seriously.

Last edited:
Reactions: rashbeep

Outrunner

May 17, 2018
Anyone who is jumping on the DF are chills wagon because of these videos is an idiot. It's not because some nobody on Youtube makes a video taking a few clips out of context to try and prove his theory that it is magically true. People do not go on analyzing two different games in the same way, they will focus on the aspects that mostly caught their attention and go from there.

DF does a phenomenal job, if you don't like their videos you can just ignore them. Calling them chills in order to create controversy and get a few rage clicks is sad and unfortunately so typical from Youtube nobodies.

Reactions: DansDans and Shifty

c0de

Banned
Aug 22, 2012
I guess moderation is just not existent anymore on gaf, this place is full on n4g right now. People are openly attacking each other because of an Xbox exclusive, how is something like that even possible on such a level? The internet was a mistake.

phil_t98

Oct 10, 2014
Everybody is about talking and proving nothing...…..Hell, I've probably posted more pics on Gears than many of these posters talking here.....If anybody can post a video that counters KTG's video I'd love to see it...….I'd love someone to show me the great graphics, the great lighting, shadows, reflections and ATD...….Apart from the physics issues, I remember seeing lots of low poly objects, many low rez details, with textures at max on PC, not XBOX textures...….Kait herself looks very low poly in the snow and sand hubs, Gears 5 is probably one the most inconsistent games I've seen from MS this gen...…..So many dark areas to hide low poly and drab textures...….The cost of 60fps is clearly written on this title, just like any other 60fps MS game this gen....

again I will repeat, you are never going to play this game yet invest so much time talking about it. why not take a positive step and be a console warrior by just talking about the console of your choice and not bad mouthing games you will never play. yes the PS4 has great games but so does xbox but because Xbox isn't your brand of choice don't keep posting negative comments about it, you will find life less salty if you just talk about positives about your console

Chief Devin

Jun 16, 2014
Nothing he took was out of context. He actually provided context for everything he talked about. I remember John from old GAF before DF really got started and I understand some people are biased he towards DF's side but when other channels are doing more in depth analysis then them then something smells fishy.

Last edited:

pawel86ck

Jan 27, 2018
Ridiculous is you expecting me to watch 40 minutes of that shit just so I can be all like "ackshully..." This isn't an academic decathlon.

I saw a few minutes of his last video, watched a few minutes of this one. Didn't like anything of what I heard.
The whole video shows clips from different games, and if you havent noticed there is clearly a different attention to details in gears of war and gears 5 analysis. But the worst part is, Gears 5 analysis was like copy and paste interview with the Coalition developer. You may dont like KingThrash 18-rated language, but please dont say he dont provide valid points when he clearly do. I want to believe John explanations, because I consider digital foundry a group of great people dedicated to games, but their Gears 5 analysis is clearly alarming to me and I expect them to do better next time.

People here shouldn't have to be afraid of giving their opinion knowing John might read it and feel sorry for himself. He's used emotionally manipulative language in the past to deflect criticism because of "x,y, and z things happening in my life".. and now don't you look like an asshole. I watch DF all the time and they mostly do amazing work, but they aren't infallible. It would be so easy for John to say "you're right, I should have been more scrutinizing or further demonstrated that point", but instead he's more than likely to double down on "this dude doesn't know anything, i'm over worked, playstation fanboys..."
I think that's exaxtly what John should do and I bet no one would make such a big deal out of this whole situation then. John is digging his own grave with his current behavior because he try to blame other people for his mistakes :(.

Last edited:

Outrunner

May 17, 2018
If you were a professional known for delivering impeccable work and got accused of being a chill by a literal nobody who can barely put a sentence together you'd be pretty pissed too.

TLZ

Oct 20, 2015
Sydney
If you were a professional known for delivering impeccable work and got accused of being a chill by a literal nobody who can barely put a sentence together you'd be pretty pissed too.
See, this language irritates me. Using phrases like "nobody" and insinuating the guy's illiterate. I find this very degrading. So you're a nobody according to your words, why are giving your opinion here?

Outrunner

May 17, 2018
See, this language irritates me. Using phrases like "nobody" and insinuating the guy's illiterate. I find this very degrading. So you're a nobody according to your words, why are giving your opinion here?
To trigger you.

Can't decide

Sep 11, 2018
No you wouldn't, you would be confident in the product you produce, or if you know you're in the right, you have no reason to be affected. In what way would a professional be affected by some supposedly uneducated "nobody"?

Reactions: demigod

FranXico

Dec 7, 2010
Ah, the good old argument argument of authority that only a literate person can construct.

The only thing worst than being accused of being a shill by a literal nobody who can barely put a sentence together, is that the literal nobody actually managed to make an argument, despite his obvious bias.

Now, how about refuting it without resorting to ad hominem?

Last edited:

Darius87

Jul 16, 2018
I've watched john's gears analysis then i watched days gone analysis just to get sense of positives and negatives that he mentions and indeed he doesn't mention any flaws or nitpics apart from frame drops in his gears analysis but though he spots static enviroments(not moving branches) and static water and other nitpics in days gone, i'm not saying that's is bad that he mentions these things, but it's clear that he hides negatives in his gears analysis, there's no denying that.

Outrunner

May 17, 2018
No you wouldn't, you would be confident in the product you produce, or if you know you're in the right, you have no reason to be affected. In what way would a professional be affected by some supposedly uneducated "nobody"?
People who are passionate about their work can react emotionally to non-constructive criticism, especially if involved with that there are accusations of benefiting a company over other.

Aug 28, 2019
Yeesh, you're so invested in this that you're seeing intent that isn't even there.

The overall point is that in open world games of Spiderman's scale, one typically sees a time of day system. It's not a bad thing, and given the nature of how the game's missions work, it's the choice that makes the most sense. Neither game NEEDS a time of day cycle, but Spiderman's type of game world does tend to have them pretty often. That's it.

You're so caught up with the idea that there's a competition between these games.

The point is the games shouldn't be in a competition, my dude. Why only tell us the negatives of one and not the other? And he has multiple points of reference for this, it's not like he just decided Spider-Man is in competition with Gears 5. This is why watching an entire video is so important.

Anyone who is jumping on the DF are chills wagon because of these videos is an idiot. It's not because some nobody on Youtube makes a video taking a few clips out of context to try and prove his theory that it is magically true. People do not go on analyzing two different games in the same way, they will focus on the aspects that mostly caught their attention and go from there.

DF does a phenomenal job, if you don't like their videos you can just ignore them. Calling them chills in order to create controversy and get a few rage clicks is sad and unfortunately so typical from Youtube nobodies.
Can we not admit the Gears 5 analysis was shallow by their standards without people accusing us of trying to throw DF as a company under the bus? Sure I said press F to pay respects but I thought that was clearly tongue in cheek. I also am not sure who called them shills? The explanation can come right down to laziness, tbh, everything KingThrash brings up doesn't require Microsoft giving them moneyhats but it does require an acknowledgement that they did overlook the negatives more than they normally do. It requires an acknowledgment that they basically said all the same things Coalition TOLD THEM in an interview on their page. If you can't acknowledge FACTUAL aspects of this then sure, we're never going to get you to think up reasons for it.

Sounds like something any professional who gets millions of eyes on him has to deal with, most of them handle such scrutiny better but I suppose it'd be tougher to handle when there's merit to it.

People who are passionate about their work can react emotionally to non-constructive criticism, especially if involved with that there are accusations of benefiting a company over other.
But it is constructive, or did you not watch the videos? Demonstrating intent is tough to do but I'd argue in his latest vid he does an amazing job of highlighting why people would see them as more lenient for Microsoft. Keep in mind people have had no problem considering Polygon shills for Microsoft for ages now and that's based on SUBJECTIVE OPINIONS about games, DF isn't subjective, their analysis needs to be OBJECTIVE and the lie of omission is as crucial for that.

Ban Puncher

Jun 11, 2012
Can we not admit the Gears 5 analysis was shallow by their standards without people accusing us of trying to throw DF as a company under the bus? Sure I said press F to pay respects but I thought that was clearly tongue in cheek. I also am not sure who called them shills?
You did.
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/stopped-supporting-digital-foundry-on-patreon-left-wondering-if-patreon-needs-improving.1504594/post-255536692
If I had been supporting DF I would have stopped when they made themselves out to be shills for one side in a console war, my man KingThrash Gaming on Youtube has been all over their bullshit.

And you are the one that first brought up King Thrash.
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/stopped-supporting-digital-foundry-on-patreon-left-wondering-if-patreon-needs-improving.1504594/post-255539599
I was being nice to the guy but you guys keep posting stuff like this and... man...

You were fine going in on Digital Foundry until John showed up in that thread and replied to your posts. Suddenly you didn't feel comfortable 'just bantzing' and tried to walk it back.

If you're going to shit talk someone then own it, coward.

Kingthrash

Neo Member
Oct 6, 2019
Is this referring to me?
If so,
first let me help you out here. I dont believe that anybody is a nobody... never think anyone has more or less value than yourself, that's a immature form of thinking.

Second, I do all my videos off the top of my head. I dont believe in scripts because gamers dont use scripts to talk gaming, youtubers do. I'm a gamer who uses youtube not a youtuber who plays games...
You try making a 45 minute video without a script and youd find yourself having some mistakes in there...and if you're referring to my accent then you, and many others in here just dont understand my culture. Which is coo, i went into YouTube knowing my culture is unacceptable by others for some reason...but my channel is for those who know and accept the culture. But assuming I am illiterate or cant put a sentence together is a insult that isn't necessary or true at all.

Lastly I took the time to provide evidence on everything I said. Where in the video did I lie?

Last edited:

Kingthrash

Neo Member
Oct 6, 2019

You're so caught up with the idea that there's a competition between these

What exactly makes you think I'm a fanboy?

Aug 28, 2019
You did.
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/stopped-supporting-digital-foundry-on-patreon-left-wondering-if-patreon-needs-improving.1504594/post-255536692

And you are the one that first brought up King Thrash.
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/stopped-supporting-digital-foundry-on-patreon-left-wondering-if-patreon-needs-improving.1504594/post-255539599

You were fine going in on Digital Foundry until John showed up in that thread and replied to your posts. Suddenly you didn't feel comfortable 'just bantzing' and tried to walk it back.

If you're going to shit talk someone then own it, coward.
I was referring to this thread but okay, I said that elsewhere, that's nice.

I sure did!

Actually, what made me uncomfortable were private messages he sent me. He persuaded me to his side in a conversation I wouldn't reveal without his permission. But King Thrash made a new video and it's pretty damning. Still got no problems with John and still believe what I said about not wishing ill will on anyone's career or livelihood. You are right that I didn't feel comfortable with the banter but that's because of pretty emotional stuff in PMs which honestly, I'm gonna go ahead and say was more manipulation. Why does he need to PM new NeoGaf members to hash this out, anyways? Maybe because there's truth to what King Thrash is saying, you're most insecure about yourself when it's a true flaw, aren't you?

And if you don't believe the manipulation idea... go to the other thread again, he's threatening to kill himself now, like WTF, this guy is like my High School girlfriend all over again.

Last edited:

Kingthrash

Neo Member
Oct 6, 2019
The only thing embarrassing is the hate boner this guy has for Gears 5 and Xbox.
I own a xbox, I own gears...I never said anything hateful about either, in fact I endorsed them both.
I do dislike how MS is handling the xbox when it comes to gaming and the direction. I also dont like phil spencer....but I'm a gears fan, I've said that numerous times...I like the xbox it's just underutilized. All that power and nothing much to show for it.
If you pay attention youd see that all I want is for the xbox to succeed and it wont do that with people just staying silent watching it fail.

Kingthrash

Neo Member
Oct 6, 2019

I sure did!

Actually, what made me uncomfortable were private messages he sent me. He persuaded me to his side in a conversation I wouldn't reveal without his permission. But King Thrash made a new video and it's pretty damning. Still got no problems with John and still believe what I said about not wishing ill will on anyone's career or livelihood. You are right that I didn't feel comfortable with the banter but that's because of pretty emotional stuff in PMs which honestly, I'm gonna go ahead and say was more manipulation. Why does he need to PM new NeoGaf members to hash this out, anyways? Maybe because there's truth to what King Thrash is saying, you're most insecure about yourself when it's a true flaw, aren't you?
I think this is the case.

The only reason I made the follow up is because he said I didn't know what I was talking about. I was gunna stay quiet, but when I seen that, it pissed me off. I know what I'm talking about and I decided to show everyone. Now that I have, he can communicate with me at anytime...it doesn't even have to be public....I have many questions. I didn't show all the evidence in my videos....I have a ton of questions to ask.

demigod

Apr 17, 2007

I sure did!

And if you don't believe the manipulation idea... go to the other thread again, he's threatening to kill himself now, like WTF, this guy is like my High School girlfriend all over again.
What the fuck, a new low.

Aug 28, 2019
I think this is the case.

The only reason I made the follow up is because he said I didn't know what I was talking about. I was gunna stay quiet, but when I seen that, it pissed me off. I know what I'm talking about and I decided to show everyone. Now that I have, he can communicate with me at anytime...it doesn't even have to be public....I have many questions. I didn't show all the evidence in my videos....I have a ton of questions to ask.
Yeah, you're the one he should talk to, not me. I guess I was kinda being your ambassador on here but now you're here and I can stop, lol.

Reactions: Kingthrash

Kingthrash

Neo Member
Oct 6, 2019
Yeah, you're the one he should talk to, not me. I guess I was kinda being your ambassador on here but now you're here and I can stop, lol.
Thanks bro, I've been reading...you held me down...good looking out! But I'll have a word with him...when the merch gets done I'll throw you a sweater bro...really appreciated your comments

• Love
Reactions: Explosive Zombie

Remij

Apr 23, 2009
Thanks bro, I've been reading...you held me down...good looking out! But I'll have a word with him...when the merch gets done I'll throw you a sweater bro...really appreciated your comments
Bribing your little lapdogs with free merch "pie_tears_joy:

Keep fighting the good fight against Digital Foundry! You're cleaning up this filthy world! :messenger_fistbump:

Where do I send my addy for my free hoodie?? :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Jun 20, 2019
New York-Miami
Is this referring to me?
If so,
first let me help you out here. I dont believe that anybody is a nobody... never think anyone has more or less value than yourself, that's a immature form of thinking.

Second, I do all my videos off the top of my head. I dont believe in scripts because gamers dont use scripts to talk gaming, youtubers do. I'm a gamer who uses youtube not a youtuber who plays games...
You try making a 45 minute video without a script and youd find yourself having some mistakes in there...and if you're referring to my accent then you, and many others in here just dont understand my culture. Which is coo, i went into YouTube knowing my culture is unacceptable by others for some reason...but my channel is for those who know and accept the culture. But assuming I am illiterate or cant put a sentence together is a insult that isn't necessary or true at all.

Lastly I took the time to provide evidence on everything I said. Where in the video did I lie?

Don't waste your time on snowflakes ma dude. Most of these cats not part of the culture first of all.

Do your thing on YT Do what you do keep spitting that 🔥 and pay no mind to these fools.

You from New Yawk ? I hear that accent 👊

Reactions: Kingthrash

Kingthrash

Neo Member
Oct 6, 2019
Don't waste your time on snowflakes ma dude. Most of these cats not part of the culture first of all.

Do your thing on YT Do what you do keep spitting that 🔥 and pay no mind to these fools.

You from New Yawk ? I hear that accent 👊
Naw I'm from cali lol but I hear that alot bro...and I never even seen NY before lol

Kingthrash

Neo Member
Oct 6, 2019
Bribing your little lapdogs with free merch "pie_tears_joy:

Keep fighting the good fight against Digital Foundry! You're cleaning up this filthy world! :messenger_fistbump:

Where do I send my addy for my free hoodie?? :messenger_grinning_squinting:
Lap dogs? Lol see you confuse me with people you run with my guy.
I dont have "lap dogs" I have people I converse gaming with. He was speaking the facts while people were stating opinions. While I could only sit and watch people slander my name, culture and intelligence he backed me up. I would do the same for him or anyone else that I felt was right...does that make me a lapdog? Or does that make me a person who stands for what's right?

All good tho bro, you can have your opinion and display it how you see fit...just don't be surprised when people call out your immaturity.

Reactions: Yakuzakazuya
Aug 28, 2019
Lap dogs? Lol see you confuse me with people you run with my guy.
I dont have "lap dogs" I have people I converse gaming with. He was speaking the facts while people were stating opinions. While I could only sit and watch people slander my name, culture and intelligence he backed me up. I would do the same for him or anyone else that I felt was right...does that make me a lapdog? Or does that make me a person who stands for what's right?

All good tho bro, you can have your opinion and display it how you see fit...just don't be surprised when people call out your immaturity.
They don't know me too well, is the thing. I defended Jim Sterling in a few of his threads and I legit don't like the guy much. I just think the way people were tearing him down instead of his arguments was really petty and childish. Same with you, lots of talk about you being some angry fan boy, much less about your actual arguments. That stuff always gets to me no matter who it's being done to.

SLoWMoTIoN

Milk Connoisseur
Feb 2, 2018
They don't know me too well, is the thing. I defended Jim Sterling in a few of his threads and I legit don't like the guy much. I just think the way people were tearing him down instead of his arguments was really petty and childish. Same with you, lots of talk about you being some angry fan boy, much less about your actual arguments. That stuff always gets to me no matter who it's being done to.
Jim is literally just saying what everybody was thinking months ago on any given topic with long unfunny ass videos.

SLoWMoTIoN

Milk Connoisseur
Feb 2, 2018
Yeah but does that mean calling him a "fat piece of shit" in every thread is some sort of great argument worth this forum's time?
Subjective. People are free to call non forum members "fat pieces of shit" since it breaks no rules. So if they want to do that and you want to spend time defending Jims "honor" you are free to do that.

Reactions: Lord Yellow
Oct 26, 2018
Jim Sterling's act gets old after two episodes.

If he got rid of the stupid persona and just talked about games like a normal guy, he'd get more respect.

Similar to Angry Joe. First few episodes are funny as he puts in time and production values. But it's filler and half the time stupid. He can make good points (just like Sterling) in a game review, but if he'd lose the act, I'd like it better.

You don't need costumes or be yelling for attention to be a respected media personality.

Last edited:

SLoWMoTIoN

Milk Connoisseur
Feb 2, 2018
Jim Sterling's act gets old after two episodes.

If he got rid of the stupid persona and just talked about games like a normal guy, he'd get more respect.

Similar to Angry Joe. First few episodes are funny as he puts in time and production values. But it's filler and half the time stupid. He can make good points (just like Sterling) in a game review, but if he'd lose the act, I'd like it better.

You don't need costumes or be yelling for attention to be a respected media personality.
How else is he gonna stretch 15+minutes out of you for maximum profits bro?

Aug 28, 2019
Subjective. People are free to call non forum members "fat pieces of shit" since it breaks no rules. So if they want to do that and you want to spend time defending Jims "honor" you are free to do that.
That's really nebulous, especially since he's been a member before and could return as one any time he liked.

phil_t98

Oct 10, 2014
Everybody is about talking and proving nothing...…..Hell, I've probably posted more pics on Gears than many of these posters talking here.....If anybody can post a video that counters KTG's video I'd love to see it...….I'd love someone to show me the great graphics, the great lighting, shadows, reflections and ATD...….Apart from the physics issues, I remember seeing lots of low poly objects, many low rez details, with textures at max on PC, not XBOX textures...….Kait herself looks very low poly in the snow and sand hubs, Gears 5 is probably one the most inconsistent games I've seen from MS this gen...…..So many dark areas to hide low poly and drab textures...….The cost of 60fps is clearly written on this title, just like any other 60fps MS game this gen....
posted so many pictures that you cherry picked and fitted your agenda. as I said in another thread your devotion to this game that you will never play is unreal

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
posted so many pictures that you cherry picked and fitted your agenda. as I said in another thread your devotion to this game that you will never play is unreal
Pretty sure he mentioned he has the PC version, but he also can't respond right now.

Jan 29, 2019
why not take a positive step and be a console warrior by just talking about the console of your choice and not bad mouthing games you will never play.
Yes Phil, we should not have opinions on stuff we don't have, good you let us know that.

phil_t98

Oct 10, 2014
Pretty sure he mentioned he has the PC version, but he also can't respond right now.

yet I asked him in another thread where he was posting anti gears if he was going to play it which he refused to respond

demigod

Apr 17, 2007
yet I asked him in another thread where he was posting anti gears if he was going to play it which he refused to respond
The answer was already there so he had no need to respond, you just refused to accept it. It's in the link you even quoted. You really should stop asking the same question over and over.