• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

King Thrash Gaming Defends his analysis after continued trash talking and personal attacks.

phil_t98

Oct 10, 2014
The answer was already there so he had no need to respond, you just refused to accept it. It's in the link you even quoted. You really should stop asking the same question over and over.
Again I quote myself from previous thread he has devoted so much time to XBOX in videos and screen shots of games he won’t play . Now maybe he has gears on pc but maybe he just scorched the screen shots who knows but constantly sharing videos of dissing Xbox he won’t play them himself is just boring. Why you think he banned?

demigod

Apr 17, 2007
Again I quote myself from previous thread he has devoted so much time to XBOX in videos and screen shots of games he won’t play . Now maybe he has gears on pc but maybe he just scorched the screen shots who knows but constantly sharing videos of dissing Xbox he won’t play them himself is just boring. Why you think he banned?
What does him being banned with you asking a question over and over on something that's already answered? Go back and read what he wrote and there's your answer.

rashbeep

Mar 5, 2013
posted so many pictures that you cherry picked and fitted your agenda. as I said in another thread your devotion to this game that you will never play is unreal
He becomes much more enjoyable if you don't take him seriously

I think you should try it

Reactions: phil_t98

phil_t98

Oct 10, 2014

I do but I like calling him out on trolling which he doesn’t think he is doing. I don’t mind a balanced view on things I own an Xbox and see that PlayStation have some great games But the Xbox also has great games and he goes above and beyond to try and disprove Xbox has good games.

look at his recent posts and many others about how digital foundry don’t do good enough videos for him ,which basically means Xbox comes out on top in those videos and he doesn’t like it. But then very recently he shared a digital found video on the recent GRID game to show how it ran at same res as the Xbox X but with better frame rates. He didn’t meantion it was a beta and I had to point out his one sided biases again.

Most of the time I roll my eyes at it lol

Reactions: rashbeep

Journey

Aug 18, 2014

Constant trolling and derailing Xbox related threads isn't exactly enjoyable all the time, it gets old after a while. I think it's fine if he takes a break, his actions were escalating as of late.

phil_t98

Oct 10, 2014
Constant trolling and derailing Xbox related threads isn't exactly enjoyable all the time, it gets old after a while. I think it's fine if he takes a break, his actions were escalating as of late.
agree and while it can be fun to read the nonesense he spills he seemedto be going off the rails even more, guessing that’s why he got the ban

rashbeep

Mar 5, 2013
He got laughed out of the racing thread so I guess he had to vent in other ways

Reactions: phil_t98

Xaero Testosterone

Formerly 'Xaero Gravity'
May 12, 2013
Canada Eh
For those curious about TLW's ban, a mod goes into detail here.

Hey folks,

Just a quick word as there seems to be a bit of confusion with regards to TLW ban. While on the surface it may look out of the blue, this has been a long running issue with this poster and how they choose to antagonise the community. While we won't share specifics we will say there have been multiple private discussions and notifications to this user in headlining certain facts in comparisons while diminishing or omitting others. There are also instances where the user has reported others for console warring after they themselves have dropped a hot take and baited a reply (that they subsequently reported - and was rejected for full transparency).

We extended trust, support and expected the same level of respect back. We compared the lack of a 'Control' tech comparison when PS4 was struggling and was the least performant - even amongst the base models from this user. We do watch and we do wait to allow members to make it right. Members have to realise that communities are more important than vendetta's or prejudices that they want to push themselves.

Ultimately the member has been given a lot of leeway from various moderators which has now reached the end of our goodwill. If the posts subsequent to the ban continue in the same vein with the same tabloid cherrypicking of facts and contextualised to be antagonistic then it's likely we will arrive here again. In any partisan topic these types of interactions stand out a mile because they are so biased. It's like comparing sports players - someone will constantly praise a player after they have a good game, trying to silence those who point out one or two hiccups. Then when the player actually does have a stinker exhibiting the traits mentioned, the poster disappears. Only to return when the player has a good game again. There is a responsiblity to engage honestly with all factions of a community, and if you aren't demonstrating the capacity or will to do so then there are hundreds of other topics to discuss. Of which there is a notable absence....

In the spirit of transparency, it wasn't myself that banned this poster but the team are behind the action was taken and support the timeout for the member. They should use this time to consider how they interact with all aspects of the community, how to present a factual reportative thread without bias showing through and cover topics and comparisons that are more rounded and not in the 'PS4 pushes less pixles but has more stable frame rate so wins despite the X1X pushing 25% more pixels with better effects' without considering the cost/benefit ratio and overall experience.

Hope this clarifies. For yourselves and this poster going forward. It's rare for us to discuss specific cases regarding posters but notifications, reply bans, post deletions are not getting through. I would like to avoid something that seems inevitable not being fully understood if the time comes. As always how we move forward is completely down to the member in question. They have one of the largest warnings list on the site, and have been afforded many opportunities to show us they are listening. We have been (overly) lenient in a lot of cases in case there was a language barrier but there comes a time when we have to be met half way.
The bolded in particular shows why nobody should even bother engaging with the child. He's nothing but a troll looking to bait people. He knows damn well what he's doing and I firmly believe the community would be better off without trash like him.

Last edited:

phil_t98

Oct 10, 2014
So back on topic, what I willl say over the video and the original poster they point out what the game doesn’t do well without saying what it excels at. Gears 5 is a great looking game

Stuart360

Sep 9, 2018
For those curious about TLW's ban, a mod goes into detail here.

The bolded in particular shows why nobody should even bother engaging with the child. He's nothing but a troll looking to bait people. He knows damn well what he's doing and I firmly believe the community would be better off without trash like him.
TLW reporting people for console warring, you couldnt make it up lol.

Aug 28, 2019
So back on topic, what I willl say over the video and the original poster they point out what the game doesn’t do well without saying what it excels at. Gears 5 is a great looking game
A lot of this is because it was exaggerated how great looking it is. DF called it the best PC port ever... me and my friend have routine problems playing together on PC, crashes and the like. Gaming Bolt and Forbes tried claiming it's the best looking game ever... to me it's not, if the argument is "it's impressive for being 4K/60FPS" even though the resolution is actually dynamic, then fine, but that's not how it was phrased and all I can help noticing is how much less impressive looking it is than games with more variable framerates that don't give you true 4K like God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Red Dead Redemption 2, Metro Exodus, etc. like people are really going to tell me the IQ on Gears 5 touches Metro Exodus? Metro Exodus often legit looks like someone took real pictures in real life. Ghost Recon Breakpoint just came out and despite being a buggy mess ALSO is way more gorgeous than this game. It's fine to say it's good looking and doing interesting things but when people say "PS4 couldn't produce such a game" or that it's the best looking game ever you gotta expect people to react.

phil_t98

Oct 10, 2014
A lot of this is because it was exaggerated how great looking it is. DF called it the best PC port ever... me and my friend have routine problems playing together on PC, crashes and the like. Gaming Bolt and Forbes tried claiming it's the best looking game ever... to me it's not, if the argument is "it's impressive for being 4K/60FPS" even though the resolution is actually dynamic, then fine, but that's not how it was phrased and all I can help noticing is how much less impressive looking it is than games with more variable framerates that don't give you true 4K like God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Red Dead Redemption 2, Metro Exodus, etc. like people are really going to tell me the IQ on Gears 5 touches Metro Exodus? Metro Exodus often legit looks like someone took real pictures in real life. Ghost Recon Breakpoint just came out and despite being a buggy mess ALSO is way more gorgeous than this game. It's fine to say it's good looking and doing interesting things but when people say "PS4 couldn't produce such a game" or that it's the best looking game ever you gotta expect people to react.
As you said its your opinion on the game, as for buggy mess that's pc gaming for you. what runs perfectly on one pc doesn't the next, yeah will need lots of patches as it goes along. now all those games you mentioned are visually impressive and I agree they are Gears 5 is also in my opinion at that lever or a bit better. I have an Xbox X and some of the game was jaw dropping and the lighting is fantastic. with IQ it all depends on the game and what its going for, God of war is a great example of great IQ and then you look at Battlefront 2 IQ both different games and different how they present IQ and both great looking, Gears 5 also has great IQ. As for best looking game ever, I don't know but its up there with the best of them currently

Aug 28, 2019
As you said its your opinion on the game, as for buggy mess that's pc gaming for you. what runs perfectly on one pc doesn't the next, yeah will need lots of patches as it goes along. now all those games you mentioned are visually impressive and I agree they are Gears 5 is also in my opinion at that lever or a bit better. I have an Xbox X and some of the game was jaw dropping and the lighting is fantastic. with IQ it all depends on the game and what its going for, God of war is a great example of great IQ and then you look at Battlefront 2 IQ both different games and different how they present IQ and both great looking, Gears 5 also has great IQ. As for best looking game ever, I don't know but its up there with the best of them currently
Man, Battlefront 2, try matching Gears 5 PC shots against Battlefront 2 shots, no contest who wins.