• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom come: Deliverance |OT| Gone King Wenceslas

They're certainly making an example out of me for being the one to publicly question their policy on praising Vavra though (and having the audacity to say that the whole "he wore a t-shirt so he's a white supremacist" nonsense was a bit flimsy to begin with). One month ban.

Oh well. That just means one less person that'll actually discuss the fucking game over there.

I was rooting for you bro. I think more than a few people were. I don’t think Era realizes how much of a hilarious circus they’ve created which in return has garnered a ton of viewers to witness the madness.

Last edited:
About to head out and grab breakfast, a sack of great weed, and THIS GAME

H8YEO649.png

cucuchu

Just an FYI for anyone on XBOX: They finally got their patch out for it so its up to date with the rest of the clients. It now runs much better on my XBOX ONE X, with significantly less pop in and the fan in my system doesn't seem nearly as taxed (KG has been the only game where I really heard it consistently). I assume performance was boosted on base/S consoles as well.

Last edited:

ABeezy1388

Just an FYI for anyone on XBOX: They finally got their patch out for it so its up to date with the rest of the clients. It now runs much better on my XBOX ONE X, with significantly less pop in and the fan in my system doesn't seem nearly as taxed (KG has been the only game where I really heard it consistently). I assume performance was boosted on base/S consoles as well.

Awesome, I have it on the X1X. When did they put the patch out? I played yesterday around 4pm EST for about an hour and a half but havent been back on since. Hopefully I see some good improvement too. I am right there with you in regards to the fan though, holy smokes did it make the fan go crazy, only game I noticed it on too.

thelawof4

Rellik

i've read a handful of instances of people getting terrible motion sickness on the other board and on reddit. i dunno, to me just seems like any other first person game but then again i can play anything in VR without motion sickness. i'm not the best judge

but i would think playing console on tv, some 5 ft-ish away from the televison, it wouldn't be an issue

This is why I wish we had some kind of trial for the game. I'm not someone who gets motion sick off every other FPS game, but the Wolfenstein games destroyed me because of the head movement and I had to quit them. Knowing that this has it and it's made people feel sick is making me worry slightly, and the refund process for digital games on consoles is pathetic.

So can I be a sneaky thief/assassin type character or is combat gonna be a big focus that I'll need to.be good at?

You can avoid most combat situations with speechcraft, failing that you can run or poison your enemies. But there are a few mandatory fights in the main quest. Usually you can get help from NPC's. Don't need to be on the front line. In 10 hours of game you might do just 30 mins of fighting, if you're not combat inclined.

cucuchu

Awesome, I have it on the X1X. When did they put the patch out? I played yesterday around 4pm EST for about an hour and a half but havent been back on since. Hopefully I see some good improvement too. I am right there with you in regards to the fan though, holy smokes did it make the fan go crazy, only game I noticed it on too.

It was last night around 7 or 8pm EST I believe. I saw a post about it on reddit and did not see any pending updates on my XBOX games tab so I did a complete system reboot and sure enough, the 9gb update was available. Yes you will notice A LOT of improvements for the X at least. Before the update, my client had not been updated since mid January when I could preload the game so perhaps they never really optimized it for the X until now. Understandable, being a smaller studio and releasing on 3 platforms at once, but that is what it feels like with the patch.

Still hoping they will address the reputation system though. Its not really possible to be a criminal in this game when your rep takes a hit when nobody sees the crime (aside from victim of course).

Last edited:

KevinKeene

Banned
Who cares what the Sueddeutsche writes about videogames? This article is literally beginning with a spoiler and ends with promotion for Assasins Creed Origins (which totally nails historical accuracy according to real historians).

When the biggest newspaper of Germany's south spreads stuff like that, I care.

ABeezy1388

It was last night around 7 or 8pm EST I believe. I saw a post about it on reddit and did not see any pending updates on my XBOX games tab so I did a complete system reboot and sure enough, the 9gb update was available. Yes you will notice A LOT of improvements for the X at least. Before the update, my client had not been updated since mid January when I could preload the game so perhaps they never really optimized it for the X until now. Understandable, being a smaller studio and releasing on 3 platforms at once, but that is what it feels like with the patch.

Still hoping they will address the reputation system though. Its not really possible to be a criminal in this game when your rep takes a hit when nobody sees the crime (aside from victim of course).

Awesome. Am going to look into it this evening after work. Glad to notice a lot of improvements. My game hasn't been to buggy that I've noticed but the optimization and taking advantage of the graphical power of the X could be improved on for sure. Some of the textures and pop-in are/were brutal.

thelawof4

When the biggest newspaper of Germany's south spreads stuff like that, I care.
The article is obviously for a particular readership and not for actual people playing role-playing games. I don't like everything he wrote either but i think it is pointless arguing about this.

Enjoy the game and do further research about bohemia/czech regions online if you want to. Or just play the game. Or don't.

Funny. I reached that point where i'm browsing the nexus looking for mods. Same as with bethesda games. This one looks promising. I hope he can find a way to disable the slo mo.

SnowDrops

And what could they have realistically done while staying even remotely close to historical accuracy? Thrown in like one black merchant or something? Including a token black character probably would have gotten them shit on just as hard.

Exactly! Then the discussion would have gone like "Why is there only 1 black dude in the whole game?? OMG, they CANT be serious!!!1!"

I'm so tired of these discussions (tho I just realized I'm just exactly doing one.. but on the other side... shame on me)

I love this game. 33 hours of bliss, 2 hours of frustration. Overall, sleeper hit of 2018.

I had it backed on Kickstarter way back then and somehow it completly vanished off of my radar, all the more pleasantly surprised as to how it turned out, really enjoying it

So I went to go collect that money for my dad from Kunesh the angry drunk. I tried to be reasonable, but he decided to beat my ass. I stood up to him long enough to level up my strength, warfare and unarmed skills but he ended up winning and I got the prompt to go back to my house and have good ol Mom patch me up.

Except when he turned around to go back inside I punched him in the back of the head and started fighting him again. Leveled up strength again and got in enough hits that he got down on his knees and begged me to stop!

This game is fucking awesome.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
So I went to go collect that money for my dad from Kunesh the angry drunk. I tried to be reasonable, but he decided to beat my ass. I stood up to him long enough to level up my strength, warfare and unarmed skills but he ended up winning and I got the prompt to go back to my house and have good ol Mom patch me up.

Except when he turned around to go back inside I punched him in the back of the head and started fighting him again. Leveled up strength again and got in enough hits that he got down on his knees and begged me to stop!

This game is fucking awesome.
Lol the cheap shot cracked me up.

cromofo

As it happens, my father is actually a blacksmith in real life and the dialogue with mom about me sleeping in and not helping my proud and aging father with his work is eerily similar to what has happened in real life lol

What an introduction. Drew me in on an emotional level instantly.

Last edited:
I'm really impressed with the forest and physical geography it some of the most realistic scenery I have seen seen in the game even better than the witcher 3 which was quite good in that respect as well.
Though I did just lose 4 hours of progress from accepting a duel and afterwards bleeding to death. Cant wait till they fix the sving system as it currently designed dumb as hell if your not currently doing the main mission.

I'm really impressed with the forest and physical geography it some of the most realistic scenery I have seen seen in the game even better than the witcher 3 which was quite good in that respect as well.
Though I did just lose 4 hours of progress from accepting a duel and afterwards bleeding to death. Cant wait till they fix the sving system as it currently designed dumb as hell if your not currently doing the main mission.

It's beautiful. I love just riding around.

It really does the first person perspective proud, IMO.

In fact, it makes me want From to make a new King's Field with a similar setup.

I’m still not far in, only finished the Good thief quest last night but I like the more open ended approach of the quest.

The Miller let me practice lock picking, and I found out I wasn’t very good at it. I broke my only pick afterwards so I decided that I could probably just knock the executioner out and take the key off his body.

So that’s exactly what I tried and it worked out perfectly.
I snuck in through the back gate, went straight into his house and found him lazing in bed. Knocked him out, took his key, took his ring and legged it down the road. No witnesses.

The moment when you realize one of the best potion making mechanics is in a Medieval Historical RPG.

Also love the inclusion of the Witcher perk.

Last edited:
Man I hate the fucking lockpicking in this. Haven’t been able to do it once. Has WH said anything about patching it to make it a bit easier?

I get how to do it, but it’s just so damn hard. Doesn’t help that you break the picks really quickly and easily.

Last edited:
Guess I have no choice but to learn it since I need to steal that ring from the Executioner. Fuck.

Sorry for the double post

Last edited:
Man I hate the fucking lockpicking in this. Haven’t been able to do it once. Has WH said anything about patching it to make it a bit easier?

I get how to do it, but it’s just so damn hard. Doesn’t help that you break the picks really quickly and easily.

I assume you're playing on console?

I got around the lockpicking difficulty by simply lowering my mouse sensitivity. It's super easy now. And yes they have mentioned they will fix lockpicking for controllers. Something as simple as making you not have to turn left stick (just press button to turn slowly) would make it 10x easier.

Kadayi

Banned

Agreed they need to fix that ASAP. I tried it with both M&K and Controller and it's seemingly impossible early on from what I can tell. I replayed trying to lockpick Kunesh chest about 3 times and never even came close to achieving it. I got Fritz and Matt to help me persuade him to give me the key in the end.

Last edited:

Dargor

Are you guys playing on consoles or on pc? On consoles its really bad because the mechanics really dont work well with a pad, but on pc, boy, its a sure way to break the game. (WH already said they'll be changing it)

I'm playing on pc and after a little while, like lvl 2 or 3 in lockpicking, lockpicks basically become a cheese factory, so I even avoid lockpicking now. Lockpicks for me no longer break in very easy or easy locks, I'm noticing they don't get worn out anymore and its just OP. And once you get one of the perks its actually really easy picking locks.

But you guys gotta stop yourselves from abusing it, if you use it too much, you'll soon become rich and thats the biggest wall in the game. Once you get good gear and weapons, you absolutely crush people.

Dargor

Well, that is good, that warning was more to be safe. We have some people who already complained in this very thread about becoming overpowered, so I was just telling how things goes down if you abuse the lockpicking mechanic.

I became OP in this game cuz I basically did the intro quests and went out on the world doing the side quests. I didn't abuse any of the mechanics, there are easy ways of becoming powerful and rich in this game if you just work a little too much on them (hunting, lockpicking for example). Me? I went the hard way and I really like that I'm OP now, cuz it feels like I really worked for it lol.

Then I started the main quests again, once I got to the first battle it was a breeze.

But the most OP thing I did was in the sabotaging quests you do before it, since I don't like sneaking, my skills on that were completely rubish, so I couldn't sneak in to the camp, so I just went in with my best armor and sword and killed everyone lol.

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
Well, that is good, that warning was more to be safe. We have some people who already complained in this very thread about becoming overpowered, so I was just telling how things goes down if you abuse the lockpicking mechanic.

I take your point. I was just playing off your choice of words is all.

I think with any title it's invariably the case that once it gets out into the public domain people inevitably figure out ways to really game the systems to their advantage beyond even the comprehension of the developers.

I gave up trying to lockpick. Can't you pickpocket the executioner? Or knock him down an steal his key?

Well I wound up bullshitting him to go see the Miller about a half bag of flour he was owed. So I messed with the lock, broke it, got pissed and decided I’ll just wait for him to come back. Got impatient and left but I caught him walking back.

Snuck up behind him, choked him out and then stole the keys, his sword and his clothes.

I then safely deposited the unconscious body in the woods 😌

Dargor

I take your point. I was just playing off your choice of words is all.

I think with any title it's invariably the case that once it gets out into the public domain people inevitably figure out ways to really game the systems to their advantage beyond even the comprehension of the developers.

It is impossible to completely make a game cheese free. Especially an open world game with a multitude of mechanics.

Ok the strangest thing happened to me. I met a trademan looking through a corpse. I talked to him and for some reason gave him 200 groschen which than had him blame me for the murder and was going to report. I decide hell no and killed the bastard but when I loot his corpse only 15 groschen was on him so I guess my money went into the aether.

AngeloB

Neo Member
Ok the strangest thing happened to me. I met a trademan looking through a corpse. I talked to him and for some reason gave him 200 groschen which than had him blame me for the murder and was going to report. I decide hell no and killed the bastard but when I loot his corpse only 15 groschen was on him so I guess my money went into the aether.

That's strange. There were other situations where I could recover the money I paid/gave to NPCs.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Guess I have no choice but to learn it since I need to steal that ring from the Executioner. Fuck.

Sorry for the double post
I just went to his place when he was sleeping, made sure to make the dogs bark so he'd come outside to investigate, and then choke him out from behind and loot his body for the key.

I just started this earlier and have made it as far as 'Run'. The way the horses control seems....janky, to say the least. I ended up in a goddamn stream getting peppered with arrows while trying to escape.

Kadayi

Banned
Really enjoying it so far. I did my usual thing of restarting a few times as I wanted to try out different things. I've only just gotten to Rattay, but very impressed with everything despite the odd bug. Lockpicking is still a bit of a shit, but I find M&K seems to work better.

I just started this earlier and have made it as far as 'Run'. The way the horses control seems....janky, to say the least. I ended up in a goddamn stream getting peppered with arrows while trying to escape.
Yeah, in general streams are a pain if your trying to run away. Luckily roads are pretty wide for horses while free roaming. Also remember spacebar jumps the horse , Embarrisingly I was running into fences wondering why the horse wasnt autojumping cause of witcher.

General tip for everyone is that you need to be in your bed to save. Beds you own appears on the map.

Yeah, in general streams are a pain if your trying to run away. Luckily roads are pretty wide for horses while free roaming. Also remember spacebar jumps the horse , Embarrisingly I was running into fences wondering why the horse wasnt autojumping cause of witcher.

General tip for everyone is that you need to be in your bed to save. Beds you own appears on the map.
I think I had a panic attack and completely forgot the jump button, lol.

Thanks, I will bear that in mind. I like the game so far.

Top Bottom