• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom come: Deliverance |OT| Gone King Wenceslas

Kadayi

Banned
The making of Epilogue documentary is up on youtube now. It's first and foremost in Czech, so you'll need to enable subtitles.

RavageX

Any news the next ps4 patch? Loving the game, but either I've come across way decent armor and weapons or it's easier, ppl have been quick to give up or die.

Horns

The console patch is finally coming out today.

Patch 1.4.3 will arrive TODAY on ALL platforms! Patch 1.4.3 will be released today 10 AM EST on all platforms! We truly apologize for the delay. Major issues from 1.3 (consoles) and 1.4.2 (PC) should be fixed and consoles will get new hairstyles DLC and easter eggs and bonuses. Consoles will of course also get all the previous bugfixes.

Fixed issues (PC):

Cutscene after the completion of the quest Questions and Answers should trigger properly.

Rattay armorer should no longer get stuck in an infinite sleep behaviour.

Perfect block no longer spins player or NPCs.

Player with an equipped bow can be dismounted.

Player can no longer lock on a non-existing opponent.

Fixed a bug with an instant game over in the Trial by Fire quest

Fixed issues (Consoles - This patch includes all versions of the patch 1.4 to 1.4.3):

Ressurection day is upon us! Some NPCs that died due to the physics glitches have risen from their graves.

Fixed the problem with the Mightier than the Sword quest related to the scribe.

Rattay archery competition works on advanced difficulty.

Fixed save issue in the House of God quest.

Cutscene after the completion of the quest Questions and Answers should trigger properly.

Player with an equipped bow can now be dehorsed by enemies.

Rattay armorer should no longer get stuck in an infinite sleep behavior.

Player with an equipped bow can be dismounted.

Fixed a bug with an instant game over in the Trial by Fire quest.

Player can no longer lock on a non-existing opponent.

Fixed instant game bug over in Baptism of Fire quest.

Crashes after timeskip/fast travel should no longer occur.

Game no longer crashes after "The Sport of Kings" quest.

Crash after walking into Straw's house during the "Pestilence" quest is fixed.

Crash after finishing the "Pestilence" quest is fixed.

Very rare crash after loading a game is fixed.

Another 200 major bugs fixed.

New features:

Henry can now change his hairstyle and beards in bathhouses.

Unarmed mercy kill added.

Real easter eggs added. Hunt for the golden egg can begin! Also, there is a new Easter-themed weapon to be found.

Known issues:

[Rare] Attacking stops working.

RavageX

I'm gonna try out 1 quest to see if it's fixed for me, if not then I'll probably start the game over...again.

Kadayi

Banned
Guy tours the reali life locations featured in the game

Need to watch with closed captions, but even at the beginning, I was like 'hey I recognise that place'

Kadayi

Banned
Bought a GTX 1070ti and decided to see how far I could push KCD

AA57CC8F76AD3888F9230FBE30B5FA6C75214287

Not the most dazzling of shots, but I just take my hat off to the level of detail Warhorse put into the environments. Hud off walking through the woods is super immersive.

JimboJones

Bought a GTX 1070ti and decided to see how far I could push KCD

AA57CC8F76AD3888F9230FBE30B5FA6C75214287

Not the most dazzling of shots, but I just take my hat off to the level of detail Warhorse put into the environments. Hud off walking through the woods is super immersive.
Dang, this is like a sneak peek into next gen consoles.

WaterAstro

Totally forgot this game. I wonder how it is now compared to launch. My gripe was the lockpicking, stealth, and stealing mechanics were shit.

Kingdom Come completely slipped off of my radar following the reports of poor performance on consoles. But I still absolutely intend to play it.

For Xbone X owners with a copy of the game: what's the most current version of the game like to play? Is it bug free and optimised more for consoles now? I'm tolerant of a bit of jank if the overall experience is great.

Last edited:

Denton

Games.cz just posted a talk from last year at GDS that Dan had about their failures when developing Kingdom Come, haven't seen it yet though
It is in english

nowhat

Apologies for necroing the thread, but I didn't think this warranted a new one and perhaps I'd get an answer here.

This game has been on my radar for quite some time, and it is currently on sale at the PS store, so I'm tempted. But the thing is, at release the performance on PS4 was... I'll put it kindly, not optimal. So if anyone here has it on PS4, has it been patched since? Does it run acceptably now? If so, I'll get it.

Virex

Banned
Apologies for necroing the thread, but I didn't think this warranted a new one and perhaps I'd get an answer here.

This game has been on my radar for quite some time, and it is currently on sale at the PS store, so I'm tempted. But the thing is, at release the performance on PS4 was... I'll put it kindly, not optimal. So if anyone here has it on PS4, has it been patched since? Does it run acceptably now? If so, I'll get it.
I played it on Pro and it didn’t run bad at launch. Not great but they patched it and it ran pretty well. and from what I can gather with all the patching it runs decent on base hardware as well. Get it and be prepared for one of the best rpgs ever made.

nowhat

I played it on Pro and it didn’t run bad at launch. Not great but they patched it and it ran pretty well. and from what I can gather with all the patching it runs decent on base hardware as well. Get it and be prepared for one of the best rpgs ever made.
Thanks for the feedback (have a Pro too FWIW), downloading as we speak. 24€ seemed like a really good deal, it was full price for a long time.

Virex

Banned
Thanks for the feedback (have a Pro too FWIW), downloading as we speak. 24€ seemed like a really good deal, it was full price for a long time.
Hope you enjoy the game. If you have any questions feel free to send me a message. Played Kingdom Come for well over 200 hours

And most importantly of all : GOD BE WITH YOU AND JESUS CHRIST BE PRAISED

Last edited:

Denton

Biggest issues of Pro compared to PC are loading times and texture quality, but it is a good enough version of the game.

RavageX

It's great, actually gonna sell my physical copy and get that one off psn. Played it on PC, but actually prefer it on PlayStation. My PC could handle the game, but since mods weren't too big of a focus I went back to console.

I get jumped A LOT. Usually by well armored guys. Not even far into the game(restarted a couple of times).

Denton

I am some 130 hours in (hardcore mode) and it is brilliant, Right now doing a crazy quest for Charlatan that's part of Hans's DLC.

Still regularly mindblown by how beautiful and immersive it is. For me, best game this gen together with Witcher 3 and RDR2. I love these immersive games that transport me into another world and focus on immersion + good writing.

379430_20190824005613rsj47.png

379430_20190823015643q8j7d.png

379430_20190824110103bzkl0.png

379430_20190827224517fbjx7.png

Denton

Have Warhorse spilled the beans on their next project?
Kingdom Come Delievrance 2?
Nothing official but you can check out posts by Smejki (warhorse designer) over at RPGCodex, he talks a lot about KCD
I bet they are working on sequel but it will not be called Deliverance 2, more like Kingdom Come II: Retribution or something like that

Last edited:

MadYarpen

I am currently plaing this via gamepass (what a deal that is, btw), I think I like this. But still early into the game so we will see.

But I have one question.

Why does performance tank so badly in cutscenes? I have generally high settings, 1920x1080p res, with a bit lower AA and details here and there I think and I get generally above 60 fps, 65fps average or above I would say. Generally I'm fine. RX580, and Ryzen 5 2600.

But in cutscenes it's like 20 fps all the time. Cinematic as shit. Is there something I can turn off to help with this? It is really awful.

MadYarpen

Just finished the campaign.

Really, really enjoyed it. Are DLC's any good?

I hope they make a sequel. There is some stuff they could inprove.

1. Fighting against multiple enemies needs a separate system. 1-1 is good enough, but more enemies make it awful.

2. Sounds during the combat. I suppose they wanted to have realistic sounds, but IMO they could be more impactful, louder, more powerful. I am sure some knight fighting another perceived being hit in his head / chest as a fucking thor's hammer hitting some huge bell, and not dinner knife hitting a pan. Considering I'm sitting in my bedroom when playing this (so adrenaline and overall impact of the situation is quite limited), more sound feedback could make it feel more realistic even if the sounds themselves were not close to realism...

3. Horse animations. It ruined immersion for me few times.

4. Dialogue system. It is OK, so it is not something needs improving. But it made me realize how important it is Cyberpunk is being made fully FPP. Jumping into TPP for cutscenes / dialogues ruins immersion in this kind of game. I think they could think about doing this fully FPP.

Top Bottom