• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Jump Festa Trailer [HD English Trailer Up]

The fact that there's still a 2014 window means I was probably wrong on it being a Q1 release, that's a shame.The original rendered 1 and Re:CoM in a resolution between 1080p and 720p I believe (900p?) but still still supported displaying 1080p (upscaled) so I'd expect something like that for 2.5.
Don't lose hope. IIRC 1.5 got the March date as late as in January.

Fou-Lu

No, from an owner of every Final Mix (and one who has beaten the LV1 CM run in KH2FM), KH1FM is still the best KH game.

KH2FM and BBS are both great though

Eh, I enjoy both BBS and KH2FM more than KH1FM, and I also think Re:CoM has a more interesting battle system than KH1...

Soriku

BBS PSP vs. HD comparison shots,

BcAeroqCMAItlZN.png

BcAlR2NCcAI0yrx.png

BcAlqLICAAAK99J.png

BcBLB08CUAEYYt6.png

BBS PSP vs. HD comparison shots,

It's somewhat due to Kingdom Hearts' art style taking well to a range of hardware capabilities, but I'm always impressed by how good BBS looked on PSP. The HD will blow it away, no doubt, but even on the PSP hardware BBS looked brilliant, and it looked even better on emulator.

Carbonox

So hyped for this. One of my most anticipated games of 2014. KH1.5 HD Remix was a beauty to play through after so many years since playing KH1.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
BbS' flaws will be even more apparent. Meh. Doesn't matter. Now I get to play on my TV in HD.

TnK

No capes confirmed?

nocapezj0sgb.png

;_;

The only thing I wanted them to change was add back the capes for consistency. SE strikes again!
This was the ONE feature I was looking forward to in BbS HD. C'mon square, why? They would look a million times better with capes, and the ps3 can handle it. No one in Japan asked them for it? Maybe Kagari can forward this concern to SE (if she has the ability to do so)?

BBS will probably have a trophy to beat Mysterious Figure with Terra in Critical. Dat Curaga spam -.-

EDIT - HD BBS... *WANT*
I beat Mysterious Figure with Terra on Critical US version without spamming Curaga. Do I get anything?

Wedge7

Nice, this looks so good.

Cant believe I'd be that excited over HD releases of games I've already played, but shit, I am.

Soriku

Famitsu impressions.

http://forums.khinsider.com/future-...-jump-festa-2014-coverage-12.html#post6122937

2.5 doubles the prettiness (in the opinion of this reporter)

I am a reporter who loves the Kingdom Hearts series, and if I may give my first impression of KINGDOM HEARTS -2.5 REMIX-, my first thought playing was how pretty this HD version is! That might sound obvious, but honestly, the colours are so vivid and you can sense such fine detail in the background etc that there are so many surprises. You're constantly thinking, oh, huh, was this place really this pretty? Or, wow, I didn't notice this place went like this. That makes the game feel very fresh in many places. KH2 Final Mix is especially bright and vivid, definitely not something you'd imagine came from a game over six and a half years old (and exactly eight years old for KH2).

Look at those fresh-feeling places carefully and maybe you will see that most things haven't changed from the original, but the conversion to high definition has naturally led to an overwhelmingly high quality that leaps out at your eyes, which is why things you didn't notice before might be catching your eye. When watching Birth by Sleep Final Mix, which used to be a PSP game, on a HD monitor, you can see the detailing on the Keyblades so clearly. I'm sure Keyblade enthusiasts will be over the moon.

My experience playing this non-portable game on a big screen with pretty graphics was very encouraging. By the way, playing Birth by Sleep Final Mix with a PS3 Dualshock 3 controller was not that strange!

Aside from the impact of the HD graphics, KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 2.5 REMIX- is a package of three games sold in one. There is the particularly popular KH2 Final Mix, with Birth by Sleep Final Mix added on, plus Re:Coded as a video volume. There are fortunately parts of the originals I don't remember, even though I played them to bits, as some time has passed since they were released, so I'm looking forward to the sale of the HD remix. Even if you've played the originals, I know you'll be able to enjoy the game in a fresh new light, I recommend it. (Editor: S).

IHaveIce

Banned
Why not make it crossgen goddamn, japanese devs will pump out new games for the old gen the whole next year or what?

Square was one of the first saying this gen took too long...

Only worse will be Persona 5 that hits 2015 probably in Europe on ps3...

Mario007

Why not make it crossgen goddamn, japanese devs will pump out new games for the old gen the whole next year or what?

Wait for the inevitable KH 2.9 Final Mix Super International Definite Edition on ps4 in 2015 containing KH 1.5 and 2.5 with DDD remastered.
the problem is I woudl most definitely buy it :(

Asd202

What's imo even more dump is that there's no 360 version with KH3 coming to Xbone.I thought this HD collection meant not only to remind people of KH but also get new players in for the sequel on next gen consoles. Anyway I really hope this game will come out in 2014 in US/EU for SE sake :p.

Soriku

This is par for the course. There are lots of good Japanese games next year that aren't on next gen consoles. Next gen consoles coming out doesn't make make the old ones obsolete (especially when a large audience is still present), and in fact lots of good games come for the old consoles even after new ones are out. If you ditch the old consoles as soon as new ones come out, you're going to be missing out on several good games.

Stick with your PS3.

What's imo even more dump is that there's no 360 version with KH3 coming to Xbone.I thought this HD collection meant not only to remind people of KH but also get new players in for the sequel on next gen consoles. Anyway I really hope this game will come out in 2014 in US/EU for SE sake :p.

Oh it is. Just for the PlayStation audience. lolol.

Anyway it's been confirmed for 2014 WW.

I neeeeeeeeed this... like yesterday. One of my most anticipated games for next year, lol. My two favorite KH games: KH2FM + BBSFM!

I was hoping they would announce the release date for the JP version at least so I could have an idea how far away it would be for worldwide release, but... bleh. I hope it doesn't take as long as KH 1.5 HD took to release worldwide which was like five longgg months. :(

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I can't wait for this. Never played KH2 and BBS only saw some streams.

Whompa

This was the ONE feature I was looking forward to in BbS HD. C'mon square, why? They would look a million times better with capes, and the ps3 can handle it. No one in Japan asked them for it? Maybe Kagari can forward this concern to SE (if she has the ability to do so)?

Cape feature?

Mirage Arena better have Online Multiplayer or I will be very upset. There's almost no excuse this time outside of pure laziness.

Cape feature?

Originally BBS was set to have TAV to wear capes, as they did in the secret trailer in KH2. Nomura said that the PSP wasn't able to handle the capes so they cut them, I guess people were expecting them to reintroduce them given the extra horsepower the PS3 has compared to the PSP.

Son Of D

I wonder if there is going to be a complete edition on PS4/One. Seems a bit risky to put in development time(KH3) for a system that has no history of the IP. There are six or so games, why would someone pick up a game like KH3 on the xbox one? Can you imagine how lost they are going to be?

Wasn't there a rumour on GAF about a PS4 "Complete Collection" being in the works? I wouldn't be surprised if that's the 2015 KH title, leaving 2016 for KH3 (or KH:DDD HD and 2017 gets KH3).

Silvawuff

Really excited for this. Those of you who missed BBS are in for a real treat; it's one of my favorite games in the whole series.

I doubt that BBS HD will have any of the wireless ad-hoc stuff or any online version of the same, but of course the Mirage Arena will still exist.

I suspect that some of the tougher Mirage Arena fights will be toned down, since you'll be forced to solo them now and they were originally balanced for multiple players taking them on.

Top Bottom