• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Jump Festa Trailer [HD English Trailer Up]

Resilient

Remember the KH2 secret ending? Holy shit I shat some serious bricks when I finished KH2. I mean god damn, it literally came out of nowhere. Truly awesome moment.

Tsunamo

I suspect that some of the tougher Mirage Arena fights will be toned down, since you'll be forced to solo them now and they were originally balanced for multiple players taking them on.
I used to think Mirage Arena wouldn't feel right without Multiplayer for some segments but rebalancing would be a good way I never thought of to make it feel more natural being singleplayer only.
The extended Final Mix+ scene is my favorite CG sequence ever.
Same here. Birth By Sleep (the CG sequence) is amazing, it's going to be so great seeing it in HD.
God I want this real bad. Played the crap out of the normal version, but never got to play KH2FM. Finally!
You're in for a treat if you enjoyed vanilla KH2, Final Mix improves on it in so many ways.

Out of all the entries, Kingdom Hearts 2 will always have a place in my own heart.
Better battles at the time, better gummi ship missions...
The Atlantica musical stage hinders this, but the whole package was great.
Looking forward to Final Mix.

Synless

Out of all the entries, Kingdom Hearts 2 will always have a place in my own heart.
Better battles at the time, better gummi ship missions...
The Atlantica musical stage hinders this, but the whole package was great.
Looking forward to Final Mix.
For me it's Birth by Sleep. I loved KH2, but I grew really attached to the characters in BBS, not to mention the music and darker tone of the game.

Well, they could at least update the hands for the gameplay models in Birth by Sleep.

Edit: The title must be updated, now we got the trailer in HD!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
ku-xlarge.jpg

gosox333

God I just get so lost in BBS command melding. I always get so addicted to it that I end up being ridiculously overleveled by the end of each scenario and finish it off with no problem, even on critical runs.

Can't wait to do it all again in HD.

Tabby

I have no idea why they included Re:coded, in my eyes it's nothing more than a filler.
It have made a lot more sense to include Dream Drop Distance, considering KH3 picks up where that game left off; it's also the only KH I haven't bothered to play.

I have no idea why they included Re:coded, in my eyes it's nothing more than a filler.
It have made a lot more sense to include Dream Drop Distance, considering KH3 picks up where that game left off; it's also the only KH I haven't bothered to play.

They included a 'movie' for Re:coded because they included one for Days in I.5. If they included 3D, they'd have to actually remake it. Gotta wait for the Super Final Final Mix Edition+ on PS4.

Soriku

They included a 'movie' for Re:coded because they included one for Days in I.5. If they included 3D, they'd have to actually remake it. Gotta wait for the Super Final Final Mix Edition+ on PS4.

Or just remaster the cutscenes and include them with KH3 once it comes out as another option.

The game would need a lot of reworking since it uses a lot of 3DS functions.

Yawnier

Banned
I just started KH 1.5 yesterday and man the first KH holds up well in HD, also considering a team of what 4 or 5 people worked on remastering it? Can't wait for this as KH2 is my favorite game in the series (that I've played).

So, what do you think SE is going to do about announcing a release date? Will it be at PAX East? Surely they wont wait until E3.

We could get a random announcement though, not ruling that out. SE announced both the NA release date and localization in February randomly IIRC.

Soriku

So, what do you think SE is going to do about announcing a release date? Will it be at PAX East? Surely they wont wait until E3.

We could get a random announcement though, not ruling that out. SE announced both the NA release date and localization in February randomly IIRC.

They'll just announce it randomly like 1.5.

Probably in a few months.

SoulUnison

Banned
The NA version is getting the Final Mixes of 2 and BBS, right? Like we finally got Final Mix for 1 in 1.5?

The trailer omits the "Final Mix" labels when it shows the titles...

Dark_castle

It's not written "Final Mix" in the english trailer, but don't worry as in the Playstation blog they confirmed that it's the final mix versions.

- Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix — previously on PS2 and exclusive to Japan.
- Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix — previously on the PSP and exclusive to Japan.
- Kingdom Hearts Re:coded — HD remastered cinematics.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/12/23/new-trailer-revealed-for-kingdom-hearts-hd-2-5-remix/

BBS is the same BBS NA and EU players played on PSP, because it essentially already is the same final mix version that Japan later receives, and thus, the presence of Critical mode.

Berordn

BBS is the same BBS NA and EU players played on PSP, because it essentially already is the same final mix version that Japan later receives, and thus, the presence of Critical mode.

BBS:FM still had a bunch of extra arena fights and extra abilities, on top of re-balancing the bosses from the NA/EU game.

Soriku

No. The Final Mix version in Japan got extra additions that the Western version didn't get.

Andrefpvs

In addition to what everyone already said, there is also a playable epilogue in the Final Mix version not available anywhere else. I'd say it's about 30 minutes of extra gameplay that leads to a new secret ending.

Deadly

I was hoping they'd include the BbS part 2 game they had released a trailer for before. I'm guessing that game is dead for good then.

Dawg

Will there be a PS4 release of this?

Well, square is already doing a Tomb Raider definitive edition for next gen consoles. I'd love 1.5 & 2.5 on PS4 and it would make sense as KH3 is also releasing on PS4... eventually...

I actually wouldn't be surprised if most publishers are going to do a "definitive" release on next gen for games that are still releasing on previous gen in 2014.

SoulUnison

Banned
I was hoping they'd include the BbS part 2 game they had released a trailer for before. I'm guessing that game is dead for good then.

Yeah, that was weird. Put a trailer for a new game into a rerelease of the original only to abandon the project soon afterwards? I would have thought if they were far enough along with the concept to throw a teaser trailer into BBS FM+ they would have been invested enough in the project to see it through.

I mean, it was basically announced.

Am I going to import this and then double dip when the western release comes out? Yes. :(
Yeah, that was weird. Put a trailer for a new game into a rerelease of the original only to abandon the project soon afterwards? I would have thought if they were far enough along with the concept to throw a teaser trailer into BBS FM+ they would have been invested enough in the project to see it through.

I mean, it was basically announced.

Well, if they would have gone through with it, it probably would have came out this year, and either would have been on the PSP (a now-dead system in the west), or the Vita (a struggling system in all territories, though Japan less-so.) Given Square's fat-cutting and restructuring recently, it's not too surprising that BBS Pt. 2 never saw the light of day.

Edit:
raven777 said:
there was bbs part 2 trailer??
Not a trailer, but it was hinted at directly in the secret ending to Birth By Sleep: Final Mix.

SeZMehK

I remember when I played KH2 FM. It was so much fun taking out
all the Organization XIII members, especially Roxas

stryke

there was bbs part 2 trailer??

At the end of BBS Final Mix, there was an extended epilogue that alluded to a title called Birth By Sleep Volume 2.

Alas, nothing came to fruition.

KH3D Ultimania said:
— What about in the secret movie of Birth by Sleep Final Mix…?

Nomura: Well… (Laughs.) Now that you mention it, that secret movie was referred to as “A fragmentary passage”, meaning bits and pieces of something whole. A story connected to Kingdom Hearts exists out of that, but I don’t know whether or not it’ll be told hereafter.

— At the end of the secret movie for KHBBSFM, an interesting message that said ‘Birth by Sleep -Volume Two’ appeared. Is there a chance that a KHBBS2 will be appearing?

Nomura: It seems that many people thought that, but during that movie there were the words ‘A fragmentary passage’, weren’t there? That means a ‘bits and pieces of something whole’. In short, a story for ‘Volume Two’ exists that ought to be told, but the story cuts off with those scenes. Because of that, I won’t say there is absolutely no chance that we will produce a title to follow KHBBS , but there are no plans as of now.

Psxphile

There was also this in an interview post-3D:

In an interview in the KH Days Ultimania, you said “I’m thinking of a mystery KH that made the producer go ‘what??’”. Was that KH3D?

No, it wasn’t. I originally planned to make that after KHBBS, but we ended up making KH3D and the project was stopped. It’s a shame, but we won’t be starting that project again.

Seems like it could have been another spin-off title, possibly BBS V2. But they wanted the next game to star Sora and push the story forward (because the fans were demanding it). It *is* a shame, but that doesn't mean they can't incorporate some things into KH3's (admit-tingly already packed) narrative. Nomura had mentioned several times in the past to wanting to tell what happened in the "blank points" between games: Aqua's journey in the Dark Realm, Mickey looking for the Dark Realm's Keyblade, and Riku's side of events during KH1 up to his appearance at Castle Oblivion.

I'm still going to be very curious to see what they end up doing with Dream Drop Distance. They're going to find *some* way of putting it on consoles (sorry, protesting 3DS fans who think it'll magically remain exclusive forever), but between a bunch of the Dream Eater minigames, the Reality Shift mechanic, Flick Rush, and probably a few other things I'm forgetting, the dual-screen and touchscreen mechanics get a LOT of heavy use. It's a pity, because despite the game's deep flaws and obviously rushed development, the combat is nearly as good as Birth By Sleep (though not quite as much so - removing Command Styles, D-Link, the Finisher tree, and Shoot Lock and adding Dream Eaters, Reality Shift, and FlowMotion in their place is a terrible, terrible exchange). But I think the only real possibilities are a reasonably ambitious remake that altered a lot of those mechanics (unlikely) or a cutscene-only version (extremely likely, though perhaps not coming until KH 1.5 and KH 2.5 get repackaged together on PS4). The main reason that's not getting announced right now is that KH:DDD is still getting some minor amount of sales and Square-Enix doesn't want to undercut that too soon. But mark my words, it'll happen at some point - it's too crucial to understanding where the story is in KH3, and not releasing DDD's story (at least) for consoles would run fully counter to Nomura's statements about wanting to get the full KH story back to console players in time for KH3.

Top Bottom