• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 and 3 info from Nomura in Dengeki

Cover.
c0nhulpuqaa0nqsvxshv.jpg

Summary:
• In light of the remastered versions, it does not affect the progress of KINGDOM HEARTS III and the amount of staff falls into a good number.
• In 0.2, the worlds of Birth by Sleep have fallen into darkness and takes place during the timeline of its first work. In regards to the creation of new maps, they’ve had a difficult time balancing its volume/content. Continuing from the same areas wouldn’t be as interesting.
• The height-and-depth is one of the features that came from the map development team. Because of their strong teamwork, I have no worries about it.
• Even though some parts of the system may be fundamentally different in 0.2 and KH3, it’s become possible to experience a 'PS4 quality KH'.
• As for the lighting right now, we’ve wanted to present it without hurting the atmosphere, and we are receiving guidance from Visual Works and experimenting through trial and error. I think further improvements will be made in the future.
• There were trial and errors about the ‘Situation Command’ and how to display them so it doesn’t look like a simple QTE, etc.
• ‘Situation Commands’ are an evolution of KH2’s ‘Reaction Commands’ and they’ve become an integral part of KH3
• In 0.2, you immediately have access to top tier magic however I don’t think this is the case for KH3.
• The final trailer has been released with various characters, look forward to playing the game.
• We are unfamiliar with producing scenes in the next-gen engine and recreating all the character models were difficult.
• In KHBC, because the characters’ faces are hidden behind masks, we were mindful about their individualities.
• KHUx’s ’sin' is a keyword and I think experienced players might have also noticed.
• Since KH3D was a turning point for ‘Flowmotion’, KH3 began from there.
• I think a packaging illustration to connect KH1.5+2.5 will not be drawn.
• In KH3’s development, they are reworking all of the models but please be relieved to know it is progressing forward as well as the timing for the announcement of new information.
• We want to tie together information for the 15th anniversary for the KH series but it has not been decided yet.
• We want you to play 0.2 after seeing the secret movie of KHDDD. KHBC is not connected so you can enjoy viewing it anytime.
• As for KH2.8, the ‘Final Chapter Prologue’ in the title means that the story for KH3 has already begun.

Ray Down

Banned
At least they are still working on those models.

God that cover is bad/werid imo, looks like something from a gag manga with those faces.

Hopefully they can flesh out the lighting and models cause it still needs some work. Also hope they can work out cutscenes.

Also: MY FRIENDS ARE MY POWER!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Visual works helping out with actual game graphics is interesting, is that a first?

As we've transitioned into this generation, a lot of previously CG only techniques are fairly applicable to games.

It was actually VisualWorks that helped make Agni's Philosophy's content when working on Luminous.

We saw similar things with Blizzard's CG department starting with StarCraft 2's adventure component.

Weird that they're reworking the models at this point. The character models do look kind of strange so it's a good thing in any case.

Ishida

Banned
"In KH3’s development, they are reworking all of the models but please be relieved to know it is progressing forward as well as the timing for the announcement of new information."

Ahhhh... That statement sure brings back memories of the dark ages...

• In light of the remastered versions, it does not affect the progress of KINGDOM HEARTS III and the amount of staff falls into a good number.

Good to know the remasters aren't getting in the way of KH3 never releasing.

As we've transitioned into this generation, a lot of previously CG only techniques are fairly applicable to games.

It was actually VisualWorks that helped make Agni's Philosophy's content when working on Luminous.

We saw similar things with Blizzard's CG department starting with StarCraft 2's adventure component.

I think Visual Works also helped out with FFXV in terms of models and lighting as well.

It's good that means their style to get as close to the CG FMV/CG Disney Animation scenes as close as possible.

Weird that they're reworking the models at this point. The character models do look kind of strange so it's a good thing in any case.

I liked the way sora looked in the e3 2015 trailer and thenthey made him look more like a 1.5/2.5 character model.

Admittedly im not a big KH guy so maybe thats the look the core fans prefer.

Setsu00

At least they are still working on those models.

God that cover is bad/werid imo, looks like something from a gag manga with those faces.

It wasn't even meant to be a cover. The artwork is actually composed of three seperate pieces that were originally used for promotional purposes.

Toriyama's team also ported Lightning's CGI model to the actual game in LR, right?

Rymuth

• In KHBC, because the characters’ faces are hidden behind masks, we were mindful about their individualities.
• KHUx’s ’sin' is a keyword and I think experienced players might have also noticed.
• We want you to play 0.2 after seeing the secret movie of KHDDD. KHBC is not connected so you can enjoy viewing it anytime.
Following KH always sounds like trying to decipher the rosetta stone -_-

GunBR

Nomura saying "it's in production, don't worry" makes me think that we won't be able to play this game until late 2018, maybe early 19

Nomura saying "it's in production, don't worry" makes me think that we won't be able to play this game until late 2018, maybe early 19

I still think they're targeting Winter 2017.

If there'll be delays beyond that announcement is another matter.

Elios83

LOL Nomura....instead of thinking about releasing the damn game this guy still thinks in terms of "I have finally decided the year when we're announcing more details and release a new trailer".
Get in touch with reality or we're going to play Death Stranding before KH3 :/

Yes, let us pay special attention to their personalities in the context of the story.

Hooded Warrior 1: Let us be weary. We can not risk the mission by allowing you-know-who stop our mission by doing you-know-what.

Hooded Warrior 2: Yes. We must avoid such a thing ever coming to pass...

200_s.gif

Razmos

Sounds like a bunch of badly translated nothing.

Only thing I found interesting from that is that 0.2 seemingly takes place during KH1

Kouriozan

Well I already 100%ed 3D and can tell already that some 0.2 cutscene are after 3D like
Sora coming back for his second chance at Mark of Mastery or something.

There's a new secret movie in the remaster edition?
No, he's just saying 0.2 is best watched after seeing the secret ending for Dream Drop Distance.

The Aqua stuff is told through flashbacks by Mickey (and seemingly takes place during KH1), and the present day scenes are post-KH3D, so that makes sense.

No, he's just saying 0.2 is best watched after seeing the secret ending for Dream Drop Distance.

The Aqua stuff is told through flashbacks by Mickey (and seemingly takes place during KH1), and the present day scenes are post-KH3D, so that makes sense.

Right, this makes more sense. Thanks.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
We are unfamiliar with producing scenes in the next-gen engine and recreating all the character models were difficult.
"Alright boys, the script is long and the audio's recorded let's load up that KH1 Sora model and start animating, let's go!"

"Sir. I have some bad news."

"Hmm?"

"We....we have to make new models sir."

"O.O"

"Alright boys, the script is long and the audio's recorded let's load up that KH1 Sora model and start animating, let's go!"

"Sir. I have some bad news."

"Hmm?"

"We....we have to make new models sir."

"O.O"

I don't know if you're suggesting that they were using the same model since KH I, but the Sora's model from KH II is different from KH I.

Famassu

LOL Nomura....instead of thinking about releasing the damn game this guy still thinks in terms of "I have finally decided the year when we're announcing more details and release a new trailer".
Get in touch with reality or we're going to play Death Stranding before KH3 :/
Cut the guy some slack. First of all, these are horribly clumsy translations that make simple statements somewhat confusing. Secondly, everything he says is strictly controlled by PR guys, so somewhat vague crap like that is the only thing he is allowed to say before the PR department says it's OK to reveal information like when the next big KHIII trailer will be shown, what new worlds are in KHIII and eventually revealing the release date. If it was up to Nomura, he'd reveal all kinds of stuff right now, but as it is, he can't offer much more information than them re-working character models & tweaking some other shit in relation to the look of the game.

BigEmil

• We are unfamiliar with producing scenes in the next-gen engine and recreating all the character models were difficult.
Unreal Engine 4 sucks they should have sticked with their Luminous Engine

Ishida

Banned
"We are unfamiliar with producing scenes in the next-gen engine and recreating all the character models were difficult."

Well it's not like they've been even practicing since the PS2 era... :/

Famassu

Well it's not like they've been even practicing since the PS2 era... :/
The Osaka Team never really progressed too much past PS2 era productions considering they got stuck with crappy handhelds. DDD probably has some tricks up its sleeves that PS2 could never have done from a technical POV, but Kingdom Hearts III essentially represents a two generation jump for them and with that come new challenges as far as producing current gen level cinematics goes. It's no surprise it's a learning experience for them.

LycanXIII

Yep, and I think a KH Collection (1.5+2.5+2.8) will also come out in Fall 2017 to hold people over for KH3's release.
Which will be in Fall 2018.

2.8 is out in Jan and 1.5+2.5 is out in March. Why would it release again in the Fall?

bigol

2017 FF VII Remake Part 1
2018 Kingdom Hearts III
2019 FF VII Remake Part 2
2020 FF XVI
2021 FF VII Remake Part 3

I'm good with that

Top Bottom