• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 2.9 (PS3/PS4), KH3 multiplayer/Pixar spotted on Square Enix Linkedln

A Square Enix game designer from Osaka has updated their LinkedIn page with the projects that they worked on at Square Enix from August 2014 to June 2015, and curiously "Kingdom Hearts 2.9" is listed here as a title for both PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. For the 10 months that they reported working at Square Enix, they supposedly worked on both Kingdom Hearts 2.9 and Kingdom Hearts III, making the following contributions:

Game Designer
Square Enix
August 2014 - June 2015(11 months) | Osaka, Osaka, Japan

---
"Kingdom Hearts 2.9" (PS3, PS4) Development (10 Months)
 -Game idea planning and documentation
 -Game Check and balance
 -Boss planning
 -Attraction Flow planning and documentation

"Kingdom Hearts III" (PS4, Xbox One) Development (10 Months )
 Original-level planning, documentation and execution for 2 Worlds
INCLUDING enemy, Item, secrets and event Management
 -Mockup Creation of 3 Worlds INCLUDING temporary Asset Creation
 -Game idea planning and documentation
 -Game Check and balance
 -Enemy planning and documentation
 -Gummi Ship system planning and documentation
 -Multiplayer planning and documentation
 -Attraction Flow planning and documentation
 -Main Scenario planning for 2 Worlds
 -Various in-Game dialogue writing
 -Translation and Interpretation of Contact Between Involved English and Japanese parties INCLUDING Disney and Pixar
 -Publicity video Recording and editing
 -Communication with Outsourced companies
 -Holding Meetings with Disney and Pixar
 -Team Management, Meeting Management and Proceeding Recordings

http://kh13.com/news/new-leak-shows...pcoming-title-for-playstation-3-playstation-4

DKHF

1.5, 2.5 and KH3D on PS4 in one package would be amazing.

And if this is real it also seems to confirm there is a Pixar world in KH3.

iosefe

Nomura said it's not coming.

image.php

Heartfyre

I'll take that with a ladle of sodium chloride. I'd expect it to be 2.5 ReMix + DDD at best -- there's no way it's economical to release both remaster collections in one collection like that.

I'd love it, though. The 60FPS dream...

Vire

2.9 fits the bill for increasingly stupid title names by Square Enix.

This checks out to me.

So the development of 2.9 started around the same time as Kingdom Hearts 3? Assuming the developer whose profile leaked this info started working on them from the start.

Takao

Banned
Given PS3 is listed, possibly an internal build of KH3 using KH2's assets to try things out?

KH 2.9 is such a dumb name, which means it could be an actual product's name ...

Dominator

You know what, I would believe that title. Comes out before 3, is the necessary collection to get you all caught up, so why not name it literally a .1 number before the next mainline game?

Top Bottom