• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3 |OT| One χ-blade to rule them all

I've so far completed up until the Caribbean. I thought it was great! I've been reading already a few posts saying Caribbean was the worst of all the worlds. I was even super into looking for the white crabs. The island exploration was great too I felt.

I really dig Caribbean as well, love the open ended nature of it. I just kinda wish they did more with Port Royal since it's absolutely beautiful, I kinda feel the same with Corona as well(I'm talking about the kingdom, not the world of Corona itself).

Caribbean also seems to hold up really well frame rate considering how gorgeous it looks.

Fake

I never liked the Caribbean world because of the cast from the movie, but the world is simple enjoyable unlike the KH2. Really liking explore island searching for treasure. Nice work Square Enix.

Verdanth

This is the easiest KH game to level up. Went from 70 to 99 in...45 minutes.

I remember grinding like hell in KH2 to reach 99. Pretty sure they will adjust battlegate numero uno in Olympus.

Last edited:

Fake

I remember grinding like hell in KH2 to reach 99. Pretty sure they will adjust battlegate numero uno in Olympus.
KH2 is more easy, at least the final mix. Just going foward and back in the room with many nobodies (the room before the data fight choise) you really really level up mega fast.

Wunray

Finally beat the game today on proud mode. It's a shame the questions I had going into kh3 wasn't answered......except for who luxu was. But damn was this game a spectecal, the last stretch in the keyblade graveyard was legendary. The writing of Sora character however is grating now and I hope he actually grows up a bit more. Also stop the mouth breathing in this dialogue. No radiant garden sucks btw. Lea is sexy af. The gameplay is amaze balls, too bad the game is shorter than I'd like. Also the music....THE MUSIC is 10/10. The final boss fight for the first phase was great as for the second there is a point and you all know what I am talking about it is absolutely bullshit. All in all the game is an 8.5/10 for me. Game is alittle easy on proud mode too. That epilogue was cool and that secret ending was trippy.

Fake

Both Radiant Garden and Land of Departure should be in the game. I like the idea if 'final mix' version of KH3 could exist they can adress at least some worlds.

peronmls

Let's see. Cut FF. Partial cut Twilight Town. More than half-assed Pooh world. Unexplorable final world. Small world count including mentioned ones. Sounds like you had to cut content. One secret Boss? KH1 had 3! All of this for dull Disney cutscenes?! KH2 had way more cutscenes than KH3. KH2 had more substance and variety than KH3. KH2 had unique air+ground finishers and unique ground combos and air combos. KH3 uses the same combos and finishers on the ground and in the air. Oh music is 75% recycled. It almost makes me want to cry as this game sold more than 1 and 2 only because it's long awaited release and it mindless fan base over these OG characters that the future of the series will likely be based off KH3.

PSFan

Well, I just arrived in the second world and so far, I think there's more I don't like than I like.

Definitely don't like the new UE graphics, Sora just looks really weird. I just played through 1.5, 2.5 and 2.8 before KH3 and I prefer the more HD cartoony style of KH2. I also don't like all these new moves they put in, like running up the walls instead of having to wait until you get moves like hi-jump and glide to get to some areas. I don't think I was ever able to collect all the treasure chests and collectibles my first time through a world in a KH game. I also don't like the "modernization" of some things, like the journal being replaced by the gummiphone. I preferred the more simplistic style of the previous games.

Another thing that I don't like is how there's more people in the worlds now. Twilight Town seems much weirder with all those people running around.

I do like the new gummi ship mechanics where you can just fly around space looking for stuff and go into a battle if you want to.

Oh, and I will be extremely pissed off if:

They have Kairi end up with Axel instead of Sora after all this time building up Sora and Kairi's relationship. (And that gif in the OP annoyed the hell out of me).

Last edited:

Verdanth

Well, I just arrived in the second world and so far, I think there's more I don't like than I like.

They have Kairi end up with Axel instead of Sora after all this time building up Sora and Kairi's relationship. (And that gif in the OP annoyed the hell out of me).

You will find out later...rather than sooner.

PSFan

You will find out later...rather than sooner.

Aw man, from the way you quoted my spoiler, I really hope I'm not disappointed later. Now I'm really nervous about it, lol.

Dammit, I've been waiting almost 20 years for Sora and Kairi to finally get together.

Fake

Aw man, from the way you quoted my spoiler, I really hope I'm not disappointed later. Now I'm really nervous about it, lol.

Dammit, I've been waiting almost 20 years for Sora and Kairi to finally get together.
Nothing to worry about

RPGCrazied

Thats too. I prefer 30 if the console don't get perfect 60. They could bump resolution as well.

Even default setting the framerate is all over the place. Doesn't feel smooth in some areas at all. They actually fixed it in FF XV on Pro via the steady mode. Smooth 30fps, no pacing problems.

If they can fix it there, surely they could here.

Fake

Even default setting the framerate is all over the place. Doesn't feel smooth in some areas at all. They actually fixed it in FF XV on Pro via the steady mode. Smooth 30fps, no pacing problems.

If they can fix it there, surely they could here.
They could bump the resolution to 1920x1080 (actual is 900p from both perfomance and stable mode) as well if the target was 30 fps. Make the cutscene much much better imo.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Nice! I can’t wait and just in time I finished playing Sekiro and no game coming for me until June so this good time KHIII critical mode.

Fake

I testing the 'stable mode' and for me don't looks fixed at all.
Already doing critical. Die 5 times by now.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I haven’t played it yet but I heard there is new ability called “Critical Converter” that for most part removes attraction other than bosses that requires them.

ghairat

Does someone have any impressions on the critical mode? Is it difficult? Apparently, there will be a 1.05 patch update which will carry over keyblades from one save to another. I wonder if it's possible to carry over from one difficulty setting to another?

Fake

I haven’t played it yet but I heard there is new ability called “Critical Converter” that for most part removes attraction other than bosses that requires them.
They remove attraction, but give you them when you fill the gauche.
Have others new abilities too. I dunno if people will find critical really critical because you have a option of make a new game with all the keyblades you have from the other save like a ng+.
Knowing people about this game probably most of then will care the old save. For me I started from the zero.

Shifty

Oh damn, critical is out already? Looking forward to hearing whether it stacks up to KH2 Critical's full rebalance.

Last edited:

Humdinger

Picked this game up and started in yesterday. I found the story recap good enough. I had tried to watch some of the recap videos on the internet but got impatient with what I perceived to be a lot of nonsensical complications and plot twists. The in-game version seemed to strip things down to the basics, which is all I care about.

So far so good. I'm looking to the game as a pleasant diversion during a rather heavy period of my life. I need something sort of light and childlike to give my mind a rest from processing all that stuff. It's very colorful, I'll say that. I'm impressed with the visuals. It's a treat to look at. The dialog is hit and miss -- sometimes funny, sometimes just sort of dumb. I haven't watched all the Disney movies, so I'm missing some context here and there, but I don't mind, and I don't think it matters too much. The game seems to emphasize spectacle over sense, and that's fine with me.

Exentryk

Finished the game today.

The best part about the game was visiting the various Disney Worlds and experiencing their critical paths. The other great aspect was the fun combat and the amazing traversal. Love that double jump, flowmotion jump, and glide.

The worst part was the story outside of Disney. Every scene with those dark robed characters was painful to go through. After finishing all the Disney worlds, the game was a real chore.

Overall I got what I came here for (fun combat and cool Disney worlds). Hopefully the next Kingdom Hearts can make a fresh start and keep the story simple.

mmPM3ro.jpg

So last week I bought The Story So Far and KH3 bundled together for 60 bucks on Amazon

Never played KH before. Plan is to play them all in order.

So far I’ve logged 16 hours into KH1 final mix. I feel like I made a mistake starting on proud but not because it’s too hard, I feel like it’s just taking me longer than it should based on what I see in a video walkthrough I’ve used to help me in a couple areas where I felt lost/directionless.

Overall I’m enjoying it, the charm is real. Halloweentown was great. Just got to Little Mermaid’s world.

Moving forward I’ll probably just play on normal until I get to 3 as I’m not really concerned with “hundred percenting” the earlier games, I’ll focus on that in KH3. I just wanted to play through it all instead of just watching YouTube vids.

Seems like it’s gonna be awhile till I get to 3, at this pace. I had never even heard of a couple of these games in between 1 and 2

Thabass

I grinded one area of the Caribbean to got to 99 very easily. Was fun though since I had UItima Weapon and mowing down those enemies was super satisfying.

Fake

I don't like REchain, but besides that gameplay thry have the best plot of the series ever. The organization is the best think of the series.
That why I ask so much for a 358 remake.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Any word on when the soundtrack will be available? "Don't Think Twice" and "Face My Fears" are rocking my socks.

edit: nevermind, both songs are on amazon

Last edited:

Verdanth

I intend to buy the DLC later on, when it's cheaper.

At the time there are way more interesting things to play than this.

Besides I kind got spoiled by stupid ass portuguese Eurogamer regarding the secret ending so.

Last edited:

Wunray

It's alright so far nothing blowing my mind. But it does feel like I am doing the ending all over again.

Verdanth

How so? Is it plot related?

At least it's the best part of the game :messenger_tears_of_joy:

The secret ending is already on Youtube.

Last edited:
Top Bottom