• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3 to have less Disney Worlds than KH2

From Nomura's latest interview with Famitsu

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/20016371.html

Summary:
-Toy Story world is something Nomura wanted to put since KH2. So he said Toy Story is a must for KH3 and kept on negotiating.
-The Toy Story world takes place after Toy Story 2. It's not a parallel world from the movie. the incident that happens in KH3 is canon story in Toy Story movie universe.
-piloting mech was something Nomura told the staff from the beginning. Other floors in the toy store will have different gimmicks.
-Big Hero 6 world is also coming along well, but info will be at later date
-The number of Disney worlds is smaller than KH2, but the density of each world is bigger so you have much more play in the worlds.
-There are lots of characters and the story is deep
-The combat always have options for you to choose from. You assemble your battle by choosing which option to use and which one to drop, as well as the order you use your combo will give some strategic fun to the combat.
-party formation has new system which will be revealed later.

Matches up with his interview with GI
”Rather than having multiple different little worlds, we wanted to make sure we're providing rich gameplay in an individual world, so we put in a lot of effort and allocated a lot of resources to create these worlds, and it would be sad for players not to enjoy the world and breeze right through it. Therefore, we made sure that each of the worlds is designed so players can take their time and enjoy the gameplay that's available."
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...ngdom-hearts-iii-and-its-toy-story-world.aspx

Kingdom Hearts 2 had 12 Disney Worlds (if you count the 2 minigame ones) - Kingdom Hearts 1 had 9 Disney Worlds

Focus is clearly quality over quantity this time.

raven777

I was going to make a thread with translations but since it's made here I will just post the summary from famitsu

info from famitsu interview

-Toy Story world is something Nomura wanted to put since KH2. So he said Toy Story is a must for KH3 and kept on negotiating.
-The Toy Story world takes place after Toy Story 2. It's not a parallel world from the movie. the incident that happens in KH3 is canon story in Toy Story movie universe.
-piloting mech was something Nomura told the staff from the beginning. Other floors in the toy store will have different gimmicks.
-The number of Disney worlds is smaller than KH2, but the density of each world is bigger so you have much more play in the worlds.
-The combat always have options for you to choose from. You assemble your battle by choosing which option to use and which one to drop, as well as the order you use your combo will give some strategic fun to the combat.

Skulldead

Focus is clearly quality over quantity this time.

I'm cleary fine with that, i thought some of the world of KH2 were clearly way too small (like Pirate of the Caribbean and Beauty and the beast.)

I would not mind to have less but bigger and explorable world. What we saw so far seem to fit in that way !

I was going to make a thread with translations but since it's made here I will just post the summary from famitsu

Added to the OP, thanks!

I'm cleary fine with that, i thought some of the world of KH2 were clearly way too small (like Pirate of the Caribbean and Beauty and the beast.)

I would not mind to have less but bigger and explorable world. What we saw so far seem to fit in that way !

Yeah for sure. Just look at all the footage of Olympus from 2015 to now. That world is MASSIVE compared to anything in the previous entries. Much more focus on verticality and open areas compared to the corridors of KH2.

Nomura also confirms in the interview that info on FFVIIR has been scarce due to a shift to in-house production, some aspects such as cutscenes are further along in comparison to KH3. He also states that he is not directing anything outside of what he's already confirmed to be directing, but states he is involved in a few things.

info from famitsu interview

Nomura is also only directing FFVIIR and KH3 but is "involved" with a few other games.

silva1991

As long as they are bigger with more content, it shouldn't be an issue.

They can add another world or two with DLCs.

Still holding out desperate hope for Emperor's New Groove or Treasure Planet.

I will take those over frozen.

kuzco and pacha are gonna be amazing party members

Pacha-and-Kuzco-llama.jpeg

I wonder how many minigames 100 Acre Woods is going to have this time.

Even a throwaway reference to the flash game would make this area godlike

Ydelnae

Still sticking to my prediction of 7/8 Disney worlds counting the mini-game one. Only 3 more to reveal, and one of them I guess will be returning from an old game so that Olympus doesn't feel out of place between all these new movies.

well hopefully the final world total will still be in the dual digits

i can hope for the same amount as KH1 but who knows

I'm thinking the roster of worlds will be something like.

Hercules
Toy Story
Tangled
Big Hero 6
Disney World #5
Disney World #6
Disney World #7
The Mysterious Tower/Twilight Town
Radiant Garden
Destiny Islands
Some Endgame World

Of course some worlds will be fairly small but I can see them hitting about a dozen different locations.

Dr. Buni

For me that doesn't mean much. They wouldn't make a world based on The Princess and the Frog or Brother Bear, so whatever works.

LAA

Think I'm fine with it.
I'd rather they do each world justice than tons of small worlds just to have them in.

I'm sure KH3 won't be the last KH, pretty much confirmed too, we have tons of time to get all the world's we want eventually.

Quonny

Combat almost sounds like recent Tales games combined with Kingdom Hearts. The "choosing your combo order" is very Tales.

Think I'm fine with it.
I'd rather they do each world justice than tons of small worlds just to have them in.

I'm sure KH3 won't be the last KH, pretty much confirmed too, we have tons of time to get all the world's we want eventually.

I remember awhile back Nomura confirmed that Kingdom Hearts 3 is merely the end of the Xehanort story arc. The next game will likely be a soft reboot. Pretty sure he's said Sora will continue to be the lead though.

I'm thinking the roster of worlds will be something like.

Hercules
Toy Story
Tangled
Big Hero 6
Disney World #5
Disney World #6
Disney World #7
The Mysterious Tower
Twilight Town
Radiant Garden
Destiny Islands
Some Endgame World

Of course some worlds will be fairly small I think like Twilight Town and especially Mysterious Tower but I can see them hitting about a dozen different locations.

why would you have mysterious tower and twilight town as separate worlds? they were the same world in KH2 why would they split it up

Damerman

Some of the stories in the disney worlds were really shallow in KH2. Im glad they are addressing it this time around.

The Lamp

Like I said, this is okay. They can shave 1-3 worlds off KH2's number because that game had some lazy worlds like Atlantica (1 level with shitty music games). Even Timeless River was crazy small. Putting more effort into worlds like Big Hero 6 is way more meaningful.

Kinsei

Banned
Hopefully there will only be two returning Disney worlds at the most.

I'm totally okay with the quality over quantity approach of KH3.

NullKaze

Yeah, Nomura and the team had a lot of back and forths with Pixar on the story until both sides were satisfied. Pixar insisted they make it it's own thing and not a retread of one of the movies.
Does this mean Andy being kidnapped by mysterious people in black cloaks is something that actually happened between Toy Story 2 and 3?

Man, some shit went down while Andy was growing up, huh.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
As long as I don't have to play garbage Halloween Town and Wonderland again, I'm fine.

Ydelnae

So Olympus is the only returning one than right...

I think Pride Lands (The Lion King) is very likely to return. The animal transformation was a fun gimmick, the world is a fan favorite and the movie is still one of the most popular franchises from Disney up to this day.

Two years ago, Nomura was asked in a Korean publication if any Disney world would return with the Hercules one. He said that he could not say which ones yet, but that his favorites are Halloween Town and Pride Lands, and the former is not returning.

Zaverious

As long as it's more than KH1 then that's fine. They'll probably have two more returning worlds. I'm thinking Port Royal and Space Paranoids. Although it's had a world in the series, Hawaii from Lilo and Stitch would be great.

Top Bottom