• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3D Announced for Nintendo 3DS [N-CONF]

Vanille

Edit: http://release.square-enix.com/na/2010/06/15_04.html

LOS ANGELES (June 15, 2010) — Square Enix Co., Ltd. (SQUARE ENIX) announced today KINGDOM HEARTS 3D (tentative title) for Nintendo 3DS™.

With a colorful cast of characters appearing in the Disney worlds in 3D, players can delve into a lifelike story and world in KINGDOM HEARTS 3D (tentative title). Get to better know all the familiar and beloved characters through this title.

Additional details will be announced at a later date.

About KINGDOM HEARTS 3D (tentative title)

Title: KINGDOM HEARTS 3D (tentative title)
Platform: Nintendo 3DS
Genre: RPG
Release date: TBD
Suggested Retail Price: TBD
ESRB: RP (Rating Pending)
Copyright: © Disney. Developed by SQUARE ENIX

bet555.jpg
2vacxas.jpg

99jn84.png

So it looks like there is a brand new Kingdom Hearts game in development for 3DS, unrelated to Re:coded.

Can't wait to hear more about this.

V_Ben

Banned
Seda said:
Maybe not in development yet, but at least slated for the system.

yeah. people announce so much stuff at a handheld launch, but most of it never comes to fruition.

Pooya

Kagari said:
I guess!! Kitase was teasing a new announcement around the game launch, it's possible.
and then there is this

SQUARE ENIX
CODENAME: Chocobo Racing® 3D
DRAGON QUEST® franchise
FINAL FANTASY® franchise
KINGDOM HEARTS franchise

a XIII game for 3DS isn't out of question. oh boy the line-up is crazy.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
miladesn said:
I guess!! Kitase was teasing a new announcement around the game launch, it's possible.
and then there is this

SQUARE ENIX
CODENAME: Chocobo Racing® 3D
DRAGON QUEST® franchise
FINAL FANTASY® franchise
KINGDOM HEARTS franchise

a XIII game for 3DS isn't out of question. oh boy the line-up is crazy.

I mean where are you assuming that from.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'm seeing more of FFV and FFVI going the 3DS way though.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
MAtgS said:
KH is never going to be on a console again.

WhattabouttheVersusXIIIintrosomethingsomethingengine. :(

ULTROS!

KH1 and MGS3 on the 3DS? Whoa.

But then again, I played them already... Was expecting a bit more though. Interesting that the 3DS is like a PS2 portable.

CryptiK

KINGDOM HEARTS 1 AGAIN!!!! we have played KH1 in CoM ReCoM and Coded and ReCoded

but wait a nobody vs KH1 Sora da fuck?

Galang

Banned
For a second I thought it was announced as Kingdom Hearst 3DS ... was excited for meltdowns. :lol

And new Chocobo Racing game? Always wanted to play the other one, kinda interested.
Hopefully FFV + FFVI get remade, the best mainline FF games for me.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Once again, this is obviously great for nintendo, I'm just hoping they can take the series back to its roots, and all these side stories and spin offs aren't really going to move that forward. Either way I'll be checkin this out.

Dali

ULTROS! said:
KH1 and MGS3 on the 3DS? Whoa.

But then again, I played them already... Was expecting a bit more though. Interesting that the 3DS is like a PS2 portable.
It actually is kind of interesting. PSP is a bore to me because it is just a portable PS2. A crippled portable PS2 at that. As a console lover why would I want to play PS2 games on a tiny screen with a shittier control method? 3DS at least brings something new to the equation if they are going to be rehashing old games. Reminds me of Jon Stewart's Half-Baked character; "You ever seen the back of a twenty dollar bill? You ever seen the back of a twenty dollar bill... on weed?! Oh, there's some crazy shit, man. There's a dude in the bushes. He's got a gun? I dunno!"

syoaran

Unless Nomura admits that the story is such a clusterfuck he decides to retcon the entire franchise - ONLY for Nintendo 3DS

:lol

Galang

Banned
CryptiK said:
I know I said that >.> KH1 with nobodies instead of Heartless

I actually mistook this game for KH1 until you and Seda pointed out the nobodies. :lol

Unfortunately it just seems like a tech demo, if they were to port/remake any Kingdom Heart games I would hope they'd do it with Final Mix in mind so that we can get them finally. :D

Pooya

judging by the MGS and Street Fighter shots, these are obviously super sampled shots, but still it's easily on PS2 level and with 3D it's best thing ever.

mello

Danielsan said:
PS2 ports coming to 3DS.
I'm not necessarily complaining.

Was thinking this aswell, most of what I've seen for the 3DS look on par or better than games on PS2. I think I might need new glasses.

Top Bottom