• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3D Import |OT| - JEFF BRIDGES APPROVED

DarkKyo

BOSS SPOILERS

Apparently, people are confirming that
the Monster from Runaway Brain is an optional post-game boss in Traverse Town. Neat if true.

WOW badass!!!! I loved that
short

Edit: Wait, is there a secret ending/trailer at the end of KH3D? If so, has it been leaked yet?

Got the game delivered today, and played it for the better half of the evening. I really hope future titles use the Free Flow stuff, because it's seriously a blast.

CG Sora looks strange.

I don't think Kingdom Hearts characters translate all that well to CG, honestly. Something about that whimsical art style really clashes with it.

EDIT: I can't stop listening to the Someday remix. Halp.

Double EDIT: Soundtrack preordered. My wallet...

Got the game delivered today, and played it for the better half of the evening. I really hope future titles use the Free Flow stuff, because it's seriously a blast.

*Jealous* It looks like a blast. How's the 3D?

Also, how does the game break up gameplay between Sora and Riku? I know when the Drop Gage runs out, you switch, but how does it handle each character having separate bosses/stories?

*Jealous* It looks like a blast. How's the 3D?

Also, how does the game break up gameplay between Sora and Riku? I know when the Drop Gage runs out, you switch, but how does it handle each character having separate bosses/stories?

The 3D is okay, I guess. Works rather well, and I haven't encountered any noticeable ghosting so far.

Sora and Riku pretty much have entirely separate stories. I've only beaten the first two worlds, but there is a bit of boss overlap so far (The boss of the second world is the same for both characters.) Hopefully things get a little more diverse later on.

cyborg009

Banned
The 3D is okay, I guess. Works rather well, and I haven't encountered any noticeable ghosting so far.

Sora and Riku pretty much have entirely separate stories. I've only beaten the first two worlds, but there is a bit of boss overlap so far (The boss of the second world is the same for both characters.) Hopefully things get a little more diverse later on.

How much time are you clocking?

Hmm. Any major differences in combat between the two? i.e. Is Riku faster than Sora, but does less damage per attack, or something like that?

How much time are you clocking?

Just over 3 or so hours, but a good amount of that time was familiarizing myself with the Dream Eaters, controls, etc.

Hmm. Any major differences in combat between the two? i.e. Is Riku faster than Sora, but does less damage per attack, or something like that?

Aside from having different types of Link Attacks with the Dream Eaters (Riku gets something akin to Command Styles from Birth by Sleep while Sora gets team up attacks) there's no notable differences that stand out.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Aside from having different types of Link Attacks with the Dream Eaters (Riku gets something akin to Command Styles from Birth by Sleep while Sora gets team up attacks) there's no notable differences that stand out.
There are some character-specific deck commands.
Honestly I think the game ends up looking rather flat and plain without the 3D, especially after starting with it on. Hahaha.
I don't know... Played with 3D on for the first few hours and then switched it off, because my eyes got tired, doesn't really seem that worse.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
The Grid in 3D looks great, but is hurting my eyes so much.

Btw., I think it was asked before but there was no definitive answer - are there any FF characters confirmed for this one? I remember that in KHII there weren't any until the late part of the game when it exploded and they all appeared at once.

Btw., I think it was asked before but there was no definitive answer - are there any FF characters confirmed for this one? I remember that in KHII there weren't any until the late part of the game when it exploded and they all appeared at once.

Also: has anyone unlocked the secret ending?

Might the
secret message "The past will be reawakened as a new number
In never-before-seen detail
Prepare yourself for the awakening of the next number"
mean HD remakes of the past KH games (10th anniversary etc) or just KH3 on HD console? Or maybe both?

I like where the secret ending is going.

"The light in the darkness will lead to the final key" probably refers to Aqua's connection to Kairi. The ending seems to imply that Kairi will be playable in KH3.
It would be cool if there were three campaigns like BbS.

Daft_Cat

Bought a 3DS for this.

Anyone know what the general consensus is so far? I remember people started talking about how great Birth By Sleep was almost immediately, and this looks even better.

As for that secret message,
if that's doesn't imply Kingdom Hearts 3 in glorious HD, then Nomura has just begun openly fucking with people.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Any Daft Punk remixes?

Perhaps spoilers for the regular and secret endings:

EVERYBODY GETS A KEYBLADE! YOU GET A KEYBLADE, AND YOU GET A KEYBLADE, AND YOU, AND YOU!

b3b0p

If "The Dude" approves, I approve.

Although I won't be importing, I look forward to the US release with enthusiasm.

Most likely same.

However, GAFer's I can't seem to figure out, does this have English option, text, voices, or anything to make it import friendly? Honestly, I'm just curious.

The Jeff Bridges thing... what's that all about?

So many spoilers! I must resist!

image.php

Perhaps spoilers for the regular and secret endings:

EVERYBODY GETS A KEYBLADE! YOU GET A KEYBLADE, AND YOU GET A KEYBLADE, AND YOU, AND YOU!

Hopefully this means that in the not-too-distant future the mainline KH games can drop Donald and Goofy as your sidekicks in favor of original KH-series characters.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Most likely same.

However, GAFer's I can't seem to figure out, does this have English option, text, voices, or anything to make it import friendly? Honestly, I'm just curious.

The Jeff Bridges thing... what's that all about?

Nope. Not import friendly if you do not know Japanese or have a Japanese 3DS. A lot of people here are bilingual or multilingual.

botty

Banned
Is there a HQ version of the CG intro movie yet? Preferably one that does not extend into the actual game. Trying to avoid Kingdom Hearts spoilers is such a nightmare.

Kyon

Banned
Ending Spoilers:

Lea gets a Keyblade >__< I knew it! Poor sora failing the exam walking into the distance all alone.

MisterHero

In a series about sporting awe-inspiring hair, Jeff Bridges's model is disappointingly skewed towards normal

I don't suppose he's actually voicing Kevin Flynn, like he didn't do in TRON Evolution. Still, Flynn himself being in the game is awesome

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Any Daft Punk remixes?
I suck terribly at recognizing music, but I guess not. Don't take my word on it, though.

Edit:
Riku's Tron's world boss fight was such a pain. Small arena, chaos, chaos and CHAOS. Died like 10 times until I beat it.
Also, the world itself is terrible, aside from the design. Mainly because it reminds me how bad Tron Legacy was, story-wise.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Do we know if just clearing the game on Proud is enough to see the secret ending?

Top Bottom