• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3D - TGS 2011 Information Thread [Neku Sakuraba And Details]

BlueWord

Fantastical said:
Holy shit at TWEWY connection. That means they are working on a new game right? :D

This is the first thing that came to my mind. Seems it would make another game in the series more likely; at the very least, SE hasn't forgotten about TWEWY.

Watch Da Birdie said:
For some reason, I'd kind of like Nomura to put himself in the game. You know, the super secret final boss.

Falcoon did it with Maximum Impact.

You can play Tin Pin in TWEWY with Nomura, Gen Kobayashi (the other character designer), and Shinji Hashimoto.

Big One

Banned
So what kind of worlds do people want to see? Personally I could see this based off the seven world setup of Birth By Sleep...

Hunchback of Notre Dame
101 Dalmatians
Duckville (Duck comics, Ducktales, Darkwing Duck and whatnot)
Toy Story
Tangled
Tron Evolution (old world updated)
Lilo and Stitch (old world updated)

And of course Bolt and Wreck-it Ralph summons.

Luigiv said:

OT but: You actually like those shitty new Bleach characters?

Yes... Yukio, Tsukishima, and Ginjou are professional trolls. It's entertaining. It's like Aizen, but they actually have personalities.

duckroll

I think they just showed the game on the Niconico TGS live coverage or something. Can't check, their servers are overloaded so premium members only. :/

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So what kind of worlds do people want to see? Personally I could see this based off the seven world setup of Birth By Sleep...

*Hunchback
*Treasure Planet
*Monsters Inc. (think about the door scene from the movie...just seems like it'd fit so well with the movie)
*Gargoyles
*The old school Alice shorts, you know, the black and white ones that came before Steamboat Willie even
*Lilo and Stitch Hawaii
*Dinosaur

You can play Tin Pin in TWEWY with Nomura
Pic of his sprite?

duckroll said:
I think they just showed the game on the Niconico TGS live coverage or something. Can't check, their servers are overloaded so premium members only. :/
Yay maybe we'll see some new worlds.

"So what kind of worlds do people want to see?"
-Pocahontas. (Gotta get all the Renaissance films in)
-Lilo and Stitch (Was in BBS, but I wanna see Lilo)
-Treasure Planet
-Atlantis
-Princess and the Frog

It's good to see that SE hasn't forgotten about TWEWY. If they've got to live on somehow, living on through the KH series is best way possible.

Diggin' Sora and Riku's new outfits. A bit combo of both their old outfits.

Kisaya

TruePrime said:
Okay I'm not the hugest fan of BBS, but why do people keep trying to call it a side story just because it doesn't have a number?

BBS and now 3D are full entries in the franchise no different from KH 1 and 2 outside of the fact they don't have numbers.

Didn't mean to start a war over this D:
I agree that one can't really look at the content of BBS and call it a side game (I can't even argue that it is because of it's amazing story), but I only called it one because it was released as a prequel off the two main games.
This pretty much sums it up to me though:

duckroll said:
Well, it's pretty easy to me.

KH, KH2, and BbS all have the following:
- brand new worlds
- completely new type enemy
- new complete soundtrack

CoM, 358, and Codede all have the following:
- recycled worlds
- recycled enemies
- remixed soundtracks with some new tracks

The actual story and characters don't really matter that much, it is the content that does.

We'll see what KH3D gives us before we go and label it as a side game too.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
-Pocahontas. (Gotta get all the Renaissance films in)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a lot of sensitivity over that film due to how it depicts the Indians? I barely see Disney acknowledge it anymore, so it seems as likely as a Song of the South level.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
BlueWord said:
This is the first thing that came to my mind. Seems it would make another game in the series more likely; at the very least, SE hasn't forgotten about TWEWY.
It's definitely a good sign. TWEWY2 on 3DS would be soooo amazing.

Big One

Banned
kisaya said:
We'll see what KH3D gives us before we go and label it as a side game too.
Well we already know it has completely new Disney worlds, so...

And Riku and Sora got new designs which surely will lead into KH3 imo. Maybe more adult versions of them in those clothes.

Luigiv

mugurumakensei said:
Yes... Yukio, Tsukishima, and Ginjou are professional trolls. It's entertaining. It's like Aizen, but they actually have personalities.
I can't say I agree. I still have no fucking clue how Kubo can continue to write a story that already ended 20 or so chapters ago. It's milking at it's worst.

Kisaya

Big One said:
Well we already know it has completely new Disney worlds, so...

And Riku and Sora got new designs which surely will lead into KH3 imo. Maybe more adult versions of them in those clothes.

Isn't Riku's outfit the same as KH2? Just scaled for his kiddy size haha

ampere

Sigh... TWEWY characters make me interested in this.

The KH games have stories that don't interest me at all though. I'll definitely wait to hear the extent of the TWEWY involvement.

Luigiv said:
I can't say I agree. I still have no fucking clue how Kubo can continue to write a story that already ended 20 or so chapters ago. It's milking at it's worst.
He once gave an interview where he said, when he gets bored writing a story, he just designs new characters and forces them in. This is probably where the manga went off the rails. The bigger issue is that Jump editors see dollar signs when he makes new characters, because they can make so many toys and statues and capsule toys, that they never actually edit his goddamn manga down and tell him to focus.

Watch Da Birdie said:
Pic of his sprite?
dbjhup.jpg

And about Pocahontas, I am vaguely aware of some controversy, but I don't really recall it being that big of an issue to have it not be included in the game. Hunchback has some controversy as well with religion and even The Lion King. I have no idea though, I hope not. It's one of my favorite Disney movies.

duckroll

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201109/15050329.html

Trailer description is finally up. Okay part of the story in KH3D is about "the world buried in sleep" where Sora and Riku perform their mark of mastery. The enemies in the game are Dream Eaters, which are creatures who eat your dreams. The round dog-like thing is indeed a pet companion in the game, and it can be seen floating around Sora and following him around as he performs actions in battle. It's extremely cute, and you can interact with it using the camera function (AR) and the touchpen. At the end of the trailer is apparently a scene from Xehanort's point of view, where he sees Braig talking to him asking him if his memory has returned.

Big One

Banned
A good portion of Disney movies have controversy behind them but not anything particularly offensive like Song of the South.

Kisaya

duckroll said:

Trailer description is finally up. Okay part of the story in KH3D is about "the world buried in sleep" where Sora and Riku perform their mark of mastery. The enemies in the game are Dream Eaters, which are creatures who eat your dreams. The round dog-like thing is indeed a pet companion in the game, and it can be seen floating around Sora and following him around as he performs actions in battle. It's extremely cute, and you can interact with it using the camera function (AR) and the touchpen. At the end of the trailer is apparently a scene from Xehanort's point of view, where he sees Braig talking to him asking him if his memory has returned.

Boouuggghhttt! :)
Game really sounds great, I was iffy about it at first but I'm glad it's moving the story forward.

duckroll said:

Interesting. Wonder if the game will show what Xehanort's up to as well.

AwShucks

Neku from TWEWY? WHAAAAT? Damnit, now I need to get a 3DS

EDIT: And Seriously, TWEWY 2 would make 3DS an absolute must buy for me. TWEWY is one of my favorite games.

BlueWord

TheChillyAcademic said:
Do people really see neku being this as a sign that suddenly TWEWY is a priority for SE lol

I don't think anyone's saying that. But it is the first nod towards the franchise since the game's release, which - as I said - at least indicates that SE hasn't forgotten about it. Whether or not we see another game in franchise, who knows, but I certainly don't think it's unlikely, and this strikes me more as evidence for the series returning than for it to remain dormant.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
duckroll said:

I'm assuming that the bat is Riku's pet companion?

I'll eat my left foot is this new trailer has any rendition of Simple and Clean or Sanctuary in it. FFS, I'm so sick of those songs. Something new please. Even if they have to hire someone besides Utada.

Pooya

http://www.1up.com/previews/kingdom-hearts-3d-tgs-hands-on

Jeremy Parish said:
Neku appears as a guest character in Sora's side of the TGS demo -- though not a playable guest. Both Neku and his rival/friend/frienemy Riku team up with captured dream-monsters this time around rather than fighting alongside licensed characters. Neku's role is more that of the Disney-world guests from previous games. He shows up, reveals that he's caught in a "game," leaving him 43 minutes to win or die. Naturally, he asks Sora to be his partner but ultimately decides the tousle-haired protagonist is "a weird guy" and takes off. Sora follows, riding rails in pursuit of Neku, but quickly encounters a boss battle set in a cul-de-sac of Traverse Town.

Both sides of the demo (Sora and Riku) are essentially the same, really: A brief story set-up, a few set encounters, and a boss fight. Riku interacts with Quasimoto from The Hunchback of Notre Dame, which is admittedly less interesting than Neku; on the other hand, Riku has a double-jump, which is always great. The demo is just enough to give a feel for what KH3D adds to the series. While the camera is still a hyperactive mess that makes boss battles a pain (all the 3DS's buttons are used, so there's no lock-on system that I could find), everything else about the game feels significantly improved over previous Kingdom Hearts. The action is fluid and smooth, with much more refined combat. Fighting enemies feels less like combo-driven button mashing that locks your hero into canned animations than in previous installments, and your skill set has been improved considerably. Both demo characters possess a standard repertoire of magic skills such as Cura and Blizzaga, which are activated and cycled through as they were in Birth By Sleep, but they also can perform special Dual Link attacks with their partners by pressing Y.

Dual Link skills are context-sensitive and seem to vary according to your current partners, enemies, and positioning. You can pull off different skills while on the ground or in the air. A key part of these skills seems to be something called (inexplicably) Holy Rope, which are a series of nodes placed around battlefields. Pressing A and X while near one of these Holy Rope points freezes the action and allows you to use the touch screen to draw connections between points on the area map, which then sends Sora or Riku dashing through the air along the prescribed course. Using the Holy Rope paths to intersect foes allows you to pull off standard or special attacks while they're otherwise out of reach.

The TGS demo of Dream Drop Distance is fairly brief -- about 20 minutes to complete both portions -- but shows a game that looks and plays beautifully. Square hasn't formally announced a U.S. release date for KH3D, but the notion that they wouldn't localize such a sure hit is enough to get a man laughed out of the room. Honestly now

Mr.Fresh

I hope the next KH game after this is for Consoles. I dont care if its a spin off or whatever just make it be for PS360!

Nekuuu!! Man, its kinda weird seeing him in 3d form, but whatevs. NEKU!<3

He's still skinny as ever. I thought he was Kairi at first with his purple motif and yellow wrist thing.

Instro

Nirolak said:
What did they do to Neku. : (

http://www.abload.de/img/39819941646sf.jpg[IMG]

Via Kagari and: [url]http://twitpic.com/6l2smw[/url][/QUOTE]
I havent played TWEWY in forever, but he looks pretty much the same to me...?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Really? I feel the proportionality is off, especially on his face.

the-world-ends-with-you-20080416035546660_640w.jpg

It kind of looks like Neku if he was 4-5 years younger.

Top Bottom