• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep E3 2010 Trailer

Sacha

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j16Wd_fIAKE

Working link from Youtube added.

-----

Square Enix France comes through with the E3 trailer of Birth by Sleep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spa1lPn7Yb4

Edit : ... But you'll have to wait Sony's conference to see it. Square jumped the gun.

I had a feeling of déjà-vu while watching it, turns out it's the same as last year's TGS trailer. :D The gameplay sequences are new though, and it seems like there's a new boss in there.

Aeana

I'm looking forward to this very much. I like the KH games for the Disney parts primarily, and never really cared for any of the actual gameplay, but duckroll has spent a good amount of time describing how this one is different, how it all works to me and he definitely sold me on it.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Eraqsu's voice = Alright, not great though
Master Xehanort's voice = cringe

Also *insert Billy Zane rant*

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
The voice acting and dialogue :lol (Xehanort's voice acting was good at least, but I guess that's what happens when you shell out the cash to bring in Leonard Nimoy)

And whose idea was it to not sync the voice acting with the scene at the beginning? Ugghh

dili

Plywood said:
Eraqsu's voice = Alright, not great though
Master Xehanort's voice = cringe

Also *insert Billy Zane rant*
I thought Xehanort was the best of the bunch to be honest.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
The ending was great, the gameplay looks fun, and the music sounds fantastic. Someone stop me, I think I'm getting excited about a Kingdom Hearts game after being disappointed by the sequel and spin-offs.

I'm pretty sure the VA will sound better when actually implemented with the SFX, Aqua's voice was kinda meh though.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Question for those who've already imported and played it. How engaging is the story to a total newcomer? Does it approach Dissidia's level of cheese when it comes to dialogue?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
dili said:
I thought Xehanort was the best of the bunch to be honest.
I don't know, I think its cause his voice doesn't match his face for me. Or at least how I'd imagined he'd sound. Also I can't get Spock/William Bell out of my head. :/

BlueWord

Oddly disappointing VA. Wasn't expecting that.

Good thing it has the best gameplay in the series (according to Duckroll, at least).

Sacha

BlueWord said:
Good thing it has the best gameplay in the series (according to Duckroll, at least).

I concur. There's so much you can do with the combat system, it's awesome.

I like the VAs though Aqua needs more personality and Master Xehanort kinda sounds weird and too rough, though he sounded good during parts of the trailer.

Btw, who's the Org XIII member at 3:05? Is that a new boss or something?

Vanille

Eh, not liking Aqua's voice at all. She sounds way too monotone.

spindoc said:
Question for those who've already imported and played it. How engaging is the story to a total newcomer? Does it approach Dissidia's level of cheese when it comes to dialogue?

You should be able to follow it pretty well, but a few plot points will go over your head, and a few twists will be spoiled. If you're interested in playing the entire series, I'd highly recommend going in the order of release.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Square France just sent us all an email saying that it was supposed to be embargo'd until 11 PM, and not AM like they had told. Whoops.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So was this meant for the Sony con? :lol

Liked the trailer, though I thought it was kinda lazy that there weren't sound effects for anything. Aqua did sound kinda monotone, but hopefully she'll be more into it during the more emotional scenes. Xehanort's voice also took me by surprise; it's not necessarily bad as it is kinda weird coming from that character. Still, it might be able to grow on me.

Pooya

OneMoreQuestion said:
Add this to the list of Sony's announcement screwups :/
I really hope they have something that they haven't leaked yet...
huh? I'm sure there was another trailer last week or the week before, this is not a leak or anything.

EDT: Saw BlimBlim's post, damn.

miladesn said:
huh? I'm sure there was another trailer last week or the week before, this is not a leak or anything.

That trailer was a minute long with no voice acting whatsoever. I'm not sure why they even released it tbh :lol

WrikaWrek

Banned
Since you guys don't write it, is this for the PS3?

I thought Square was gonna turn Kingdom Hearts into a Wii and DS franchise (which made total sense).

Aeana

WrikaWrek said:

I thought Square was gonna turn Kingdom Hearts into a Wii and DS franchise (which made total sense).
It's for PSP.

WrikaWrek said:

It's for the PSP, there is another title for the DS as well

Sacha

Fakto said:
Can't see the trailer ! Region locked or it's down ?

Square released the trailer this morning (in France) but asked everyone to take it down a couple of hours later. It wasn't supposed to be out before Sony's conference.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
WrikaWrek said:

As mentioned, it's for PSP. There's another KH game for DS, but Gaf seems to dislike it?

Takao

Banned
Combichristoffersen said:
As mentioned, it's for PSP. There's another KH game for DS, but Gaf seems to dislike it?

No one has played Coded as it's a cellphone game (ported to the DS as Re: Coded).

Oh boy, a Keyblade War! I hope it's as good as the Clone War! 8D

Leonard Nemoy as Master Xehanort!?!
Yeah I thought this too, either that or a shitty Rich Little-esque Yoda impersonation. I really can't tell the difference.

Can't wait to geek out on this game though, sadly I think the Kingdom Hearts franchise will always be my favourite; no matter how many sharks it bounds over in terms of story.
It's encouraging to hear about the gameplay though :)

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
lorddarkflare said:
With good reason. That game managed to be worst than KH2.

So it's about the same level of suckage as Chain of Memories/Re:Chain of Memories? Good lord.

Takao said:
No one has played Coded as it's a cellphone game (ported to the DS as Re: Coded).

Not that one, but the other one, 358/2 Days or whatever it's called.

Top Bottom