• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMix - More features and changes confirmed

duckroll

The Japanese retailer Yodobashi has some images on their product listing which confirms several new features and extras for the upcoming HD Remaster: http://www.yodobashi.com/ec/product/100000001001668276/index.html

OTaZq.jpg
S5Gnk.jpg

4rJJC.jpg

It can be hard to make out since they're really small, but here are the details.

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
- You can switch between English voices with Japanese subtitles or Japanese voices. This wasn't possible in the original KHFM release.

- Completing the game will unlock a PS3 Custom Theme.

- Trophies (already confirmed previously).

- EXP Zero and Combo Master abilities are added to the game.

- The Talk and Special Attack Commands have been remapped (to the triangle button I think, previously confirmed by the trailer).

- Full camera control on the right analog stick.

- The summon command has also been changed somewhat, but it's not specified how.

Re:Chain of Memories
- Trophies (zzzzzz).

- Completing the game will unlock another PS3 Custom Theme.

358/2 Days Theater
- Over 2 hours of cutscenes completely remade in HD and fully voiced (woo, ice cream...).

- All of Roxas' diary entries, the Secret Reports, and the Character Database are all included as well. Won't want anyone to miss out on the AWESOME story details amirite?! Lulz.

- There's also a PS3 Custom Theme reward for this, I think after you watch all the crap.

Jubern

The voice change bit is interesting. I wonder if they'll keep that option in the American release, and what they'll do in Europe where there are 5 different dubs for the first game.

duckroll

The info boxes also confirm that in the Remasters have brand new HD textures for all the menu graphics and so on, but that's pretty much expected, and already confirmed when we saw the HD trailer.

Andrefpvs

• All of the changes to KH1 make a lot of sense, it's going to be great playing this enhanced version.
  • Re:CoM being untouched is a bit disappointing, but then again, what could they possibly change in it?
  • Also, they should include at least a PSN game amount of trophies in Days, a theme is not a good enough reward for going through all that ice cream again :p

All I want now is a confirmation and release date for a western release. Come on, SE.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
- You can switch between English voices with Japanese subtitles or Japanese voices. This wasn't possible in the original KHFM release.

So does this mean when it comes to America we're going to FINALLY get the Final Mix version? I certainly hope so...

RPGCrazied

So does this mean when it comes to America we're going to FINALLY get the Final Mix version? I certainly hope so...

Well, I seriously doubt they will HDifi 2 Kingdom Heart games. So either its coming, or it won't. But it not coming would be very very stupid. KH has many many fans around the world other than Japan.

duckroll

Dunno if I can sit through those scenes again, even in HD. Hmm.

I hope the next set with II and BBS is around the corner...

The scenes are completely remade, so hopefully they'll be more... err... interesting... what the fuck am I talking about... *eats some Sea Salt Ice Cream*

Lolz.

Also, I'm really not convinced the next set will be II and BbS, because in the same product listing, there's this image:

9GLsB.jpg

As you can see, KH1.5 clearly groups KH+Re:CoM+358. If the next release is KH2.5, then it'll be KH2+Re:Coded+3D. BbS will have to be KH 0.5 or something. (lol S-E)

Mr.Fresh

• All of the changes to KH1 make a lot of sense, it's going to be great playing this enhanced version.

All I want now is a confirmation and release date for a western release. Come on, SE.

• This. Playing KH enhanced is gonna be great. I would love for square to get this out in march in America too.

RurouniZel

The scenes are completely remade, so hopefully they'll be more... err... interesting... what the fuck am I talking about... *eats some Sea Salt Ice Cream*

Lolz.

Also, I'm really not convinced the next set will be II and BbS, because in the same product listing, there's this image:

9GLsB.jpg

As you can see, KH1.5 clearly groups KH+Re:CoM+358. If the next release is KH2.5, then it'll be KH2+Re:Coded+3D. BbS will have to be KH 0.5 or something. (lol S-E)

smh

Oh Square.... >>;

EXP Zero being added is a nice touch. May finally have a KH game besides KH2FM and Re:Coded that Level 1 runs are actually fun in.

Jubern

Lolz.

9GLsB.jpg

It just looks like a timeline to me?

Pooya

or they can include BbS and 2 with Re:Coded cutscenes?(haven't played it) and call it 2.0/0 or something, it doesn't have to follow logic, you know :p

Shahed

For someone who never played CoM since it never released here, or any of the DS games because everyone I asked said they were trash, I'm quite looking forward to this.

Maybe it'll help Kingdom Hearts make more sense to me

RurouniZel

It just looks like a timeline to me?

Well they did say that part of the reason they're doing this re-release was to put the entire story in order chronologically. So they've effectively already skipped on of the most important (and best) entries in the series. Because lol square.

I'm feeling more and more okay on skipping this unless it is released on another console overseas.

As is, I already have KH:FM for PS2 and I've played it recently; I couldn't care less about CoM and 358/2 Days.

duckroll

or they can include BbS and 2 with Re:Coded cutscenes?(haven't played it) and call it 2.0/0 or something, it doesn't have to follow logic, you know :p

Sure, but considering they didn't want to pack KH1 with KH2, I doubt they'll want to pack BbS with KH2 since they're all full retail games as far as the content goes. I expect 3 Remaster releases in Japan. In the US maybe it'll be different, like with MGS HD Collection.

So they'd release 0.5 HD ReMix collection, with just one game? That can't be right can it?

Konami did it with Peace Walker HD in Japan.

btkadams

Wow, I'm surprised they mapped to the right stick. That's great!

I'm confused by 358/2 days. Is it just cutscenes? Ae they not providing the actual game?

duckroll

Wow, I'm surprised they mapped to the right stick. That's great!

I'm confused by 358/2 days. Is it just cutscenes? Ae they not providing the actual game?

Yes it is just cutscenes. They're not remaking the game. It's too horrible. They're remaking all the cutscenes so people can watch the story instead of suffering through the game.

btkadams

Yes it is just cutscenes. They're not remaking the game. It's too horrible. They're remaking all the cutscenes so people can watch the story instead of suffering through the game.
THIS IS AMAZING. I have struggled for years to push myself through the horrible DS game. Now, I can just wait for this release.

duckroll

But then SCEA won't let them release it in the US with just one game, and I can't see them ignoring the west

That's why I said it might be different for the US release. But since none of this has been even announced outside of Japan yet, who knows.

Shahed

That's why I said it might be different for the US release. But since none of this has been even announced outside of Japan yet, who knows.

Ah I missed that comment. The timeline above is telling though, I'm just thinking how they are going to do it all, handling BBS in particular

Tsunamo

So they'd release 0.5 HD ReMix collection, with just one game? That can't be right can it?
They'll probably bring back/actually make Birth By Sleep Volume 2 (which was 0.5 in the timeline) teased in Birth By Sleep Final Mix to be bundled with it.

LOL, there won't be a 0.5 collection. KH1 and KH2 bundled with other games but BBS by itself? You guys are making BBS seem more important than it really is. Converting a psp game to ps3 is straightforward and it will be bundled with KH2. And from what little I understand of this crazy plot, BBS and KH2 go together anyway. DDD won't be ported to a Sony console for obvious reasons.

I personally think Days' story is just as awful as the game, but hey, what can ya do. :p
ANYTHING is better than the story in 358/2 Days, it's borderline fanfiction.

The multi-player mode in Days was actually pretty awesome, but it had an issue where every player's progress was basically limited to what they've completed in single-player mode, so unless everyone was around the same level/mission, it was uneven.

The Lamp

Damn it I prefer the right analog stick being used for menu selection instead. The dpad is clumsy.

And 358/2 story was great. It answered a whole lot of questions and the ending was spectacularly sad.

Mariolee

So if this doesn't come out in the Spring I will be pissed. Barely any localization is needed, yet a U.S. release has not been announced yet?

Top Bottom