• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Limited Edition Announced (Sora + Mickey Pin)

DKHF

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 is getting a limited edition which comes with a Sora and Mickey pin. Not sure if there's anything else special.

CuFjP_NVUAE86w-.jpg

I'm so in, but it bugs me that that's not a Limited Edition at all. It's a launch edition with bonuses consisting only of a pin.

Santar

Not much of an extra, but if I understand it correctly it's just the regular launch edition which means the pins are basically free.
Would be nice if they ported the other KH collections to ps4box one and pc though. I'd really like versions of the old games without the longer than on ps2 load times.

Exentryk

PR:

Starting today, fans have the opportunity to pre-order the KINGDOM HEARTS 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Limited Edition to receive an exclusive pin of Mickey Mouse and Sora through participating retailers and the Square Enix Online Store.

NoKisum

The ordering of the image makes it look like only the limited edition will come with the three games, as if the regular version will have one or two of those missing.

People are obsessed with those pins. The pin collectors have a huge presence at Disney World. I had no idea Kingdom Hearts was included in that!

JSevere

I love how the 1.5 limited edition came with an art book and special packaging and 2.5 and 2.8 just get pins

I hope KH3 comes with a pin too

LAA

1.5's was better, at least with effort involved into it and to boot it was free.
2.8's is basically the same as 2.5's.
There could be another Collector's Edition like 2.5 though, though they are leaving it a little late.
I'm buying it whatever limited edition they announce, ha ha.

Tsunamo

I'm pretty suprised they didn't use the oppurtunity to chuck in some Unchained Avatar or Medal bonus's with it to add something else to it. They did that with the first print of 1.5 and 2.5 in Japan for Chi items.

I'm glad the EU LE is sticking with the normal boxart again, it's consistent with the 1.5 and 2.5's ones.

Bladenic

Not these pins again. You'd think Kingdom Hearts is a big enough franchise to warrant something other than pins.

Disappointed with this, I love my 2.5 CE and the 1.5 with the artbook was alright as well. Hope they bring another CE for this though!

Unknown?

Not much of an extra, but if I understand it correctly it's just the regular launch edition which means the pins are basically free.
Would be nice if they ported the other KH collections to ps4box one and pc though. I'd really like versions of the old games without the longer than on ps2 load times.
Considering this isn't getting ported to Xbox or PC I doubt the others will if they do. The only likely one to be ported to other than PS4 is maybe PC a year later.

Battlechili

Banned
A pin is kind of a lame addition to an LE, but I guess its nice for collectors of pins. Though I suppose its slightly fitting due to the TWEWY content in DDD.
I'm with you
Those load times are awful in 1.5 and 2.5 and it'd be nice to have those fixed along with some general bugfixes for things like the end-game Xemnas fight. Reaction commands don't always work properly during that fight in 2.5. Really want to see KH games on PC in generally, really.

Looks like the box might match for 2.5
I'm fine with a pin, the one that came with 2.5 was really nice quality. I just don't know what to do with it!

Hi all, is the only way to play the entire back catalogue on PS3 now? I keep meaning to get into this because it's right up my street but have always passed it by for some reason.

zeemumu

I collect those pins so I'm in.

There's a single black cloak Micky pin that is the only Kingdom Hearts related thing sold in all of Disneyland.

Cronen

Hi all, is the only way to play the entire back catalogue on PS3 now? I keep meaning to get into this because it's right up my street but have always passed it by for some reason.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 are what you'll need to get in to the series, both are on PS3 only.

Edit: Playing order is: KH1.5 (PS3), KH2.5(PS3), KH2.8(PS4), KH3(PS4...probably).

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
It's just me or it's kinda of a bummer that the 1.5 and 2.5 it's only at past gen consoles?

Top Bottom