• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

Vashetti

Banned
That's correct, but what you download digitally is not exactly the same as what is installed from the disc.

It usually doesn't make any difference, but I am just trying to get more elements before coming up with an assumption.

If everybody that has issues does indeed have the physical copy, it would certainly point towards something. While if it's mixed, it means the cause of the issue is gonna be a lot harder to identify. Can't hurt to ask around :) .

Also Frank, you might want to edit the OP to state that ps4pro version is in the clear, and that the save crashes are rare. :p

?

Yes it is.

Physical/digital has no differences this gen.

The disc drives runs at random intervals while running the game to check it again does it not? Maybe it could happen at those times but of course unlikely

Nope. Just on boot.

tariniel

Strongly considering picking this up, there's just so much other stuff to play right now that I'm worried I might not get around to play it for a few months. I haven't played KH 1 and 2 since their original releases, and I've never played the spin off games, but I remember loving the series when I was younger.

I really want to get this but I finished 2 FM on PS3 like three weeks ago and I'm playing through BBS right now. Don't want to get fatigued with the series. I think I'm going to grab this and play through them all and 2.8 when KH 3 gets a release date.

Byvar

They just spoke about future patches on the stream. They're listening to feedback but have nothing to announce at the moment.
Well, the community team is "passing on" the feedback, but that doesn't mean the developers are listening :p Definitely hope they are though.

One issue I have noticed is that the shadows you encounter when first meeting with Pete are moving around at 30fps, but when you fight more in Yen Sid's tower, their animations are as smooth as everything else. Strange.

Slaythe

Will buy this the instant they fix the glitches. These games look absolutely gorgeous at 60fps.

They fixed most of them. Only trivial stuff remains. (nobody has crashed while saving out of hours of gameplay, it's really rare)

The only big thing remaining is Xemnas' final RC that you can avoid by spamming the Riku limit.

Also, thanks Kagari for the new title <3 .

Never played any game in the series despite being a big Square fan. I think the Disney aspect turned me off as a kid. But I've wanted to jump in for awhile, will definitely pick this up at some point.

Told myself I'd wait for a sale on this since Persona 5 is going to steal all my free time for awhile...but the launch trailer and better than expected reports on glitches has me hyped. Might have to buy off PSN today.

Anyone know how much you actually have to download of the 45 or so GB before you can "start" a game perhaps if you buy the digital version?

Slaythe

Does KH1 have issues or is it just KH2? I'm hoping by the time I get to KH2 there will be another patch.

KH1 has some specific crashes with summons and Sephiroth's attacks are a bit messy at 60 fps.
It's tiny though, regarding the game as a whole.

KH2 is fine. Only the final boss is messed up.

Slaythe

damn this camera is awful. Does it get better in later entries? Playing Kh1.

A million times better in KH2.

Action is super readable and camera has decent tracking. Some rooms will get annoying obviously but most of the game is great.

7f139c35afca5b8571d1cd55e3c01964.jpg

Deepo

Anyone know if the EU version comes with localizations? Not really interested in those, so I might buy the US version to get a smaller download.

I'm anxious to hear if the last few issues in KH1 and 2 get sorted. I played both on PS2 and would love to get the full experience with this collection. Thanks for all the updates, Slaythe.

The Lamp

They fixed most of them. Only trivial stuff remains. (nobody has crashed while saving out of hours of gameplay, it's really rare)

The only big thing remaining is Xemnas' final RC that you can avoid by spamming the Riku limit.

Also, thanks Kagari for the new title <3 .

Does the Final RC glitch happen every time or what? I have no idea what you're talking about and I'm wondering if I need to use a Riku limit every time or what.

Slaythe

Does the Final RC glitch happen every time or what? I have no idea what you're talking about and I'm wondering if I need to use a Riku limit every time or what.

If you play on critical mode, it means certain death.

Basically the RC is supposed to show up to allow you to dodge it. On ps2, there was a rare glitch where it wouldn't show up. On ps3, this glitch was amplified to the point it will happen at least once (on crit level 1 that means instant death). The ps4 version carries that over. They might work it out.

The work around is abusing reflect and spamming Riku's limit to pass his first phase.

Yeah, it's bad.
C8BtzcdW0AA6KvM.jpg

C8Btx4UX0AISssL.jpg

Yikes... shameful D: ...

The others are so dope tho...

Yeah, I usually Reflect my way throught the glitched Xemnas RC until the triangle prompt decides to show up. Funny thing though, before 2.5, the extended part of the RC where Xemnas would kick the keyblade out of Sora's hands, and Riku would throw it back would never occur. Seems to happen every time now since the PS3 port.

Edit: Holy shit at that audio bug.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
So what is the recommended loadout again for KH1? Take Shield, lose staff? I know there is some combo that the community always pushes...

I am getting a crash on kingdom hearts 1 that I can replicate every single time. At the start when you can have a practice fight on the tiny island with the palm trees, if you lose, it crashes right on the final hit back to dashboard for me.

Top Bottom