• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

This series is probably my absolute favourite gaming series. I love Ratchet and Clank, I love Rayman, I love Final Fantasy, but Kingdom Hearts is one that touched me deep down and really connected with me.

Getting the chance to re-play all these games again starting Friday has me happier beyond belief. My PS3 went to the shitter shortly after 2.5's release so I was one of the people who heavily pleaded at Square Enix for a PS4 port. Some of the issues are sad to hear, but I'm just so happy to get the chance to once again re-live my favourite series.

I'm probably going to start out with Kingdom Hearts 2 and no doubt just jump around between the games in the collection.

Rob2K19

Having not really played much of the side games, thanks. Would you recommend DDD before Re:Coded if something gets spoiled in it, or is Re:Coded still preferred before DDD? AKA Should I just watch the first 2 after credits scenes and come back, or just do DDD first?

I made a slight error. desmax is right. The new cutscene is best watched after you play DDD since it was made for old fans in mind instead of new.

2012: DDD
2014: 2.5

The new scene in Coded doesn't play in the movie by itself (At least from my experience on the PS3), I believe you actually have to go to the chapter select after finishing it to be able to see it.

So you can watch it, no problem

You're right. Haven't watched Re:Coded on my PS3 since 2014 so I just checked YouTube real quick and I didn't see anyone specifically go into theater mode. lol

DKHF

I've still got to finish Horizon then play NieR: Automata so it will be a little while until I get this. Though that should be for the best since there will probably be at least one more patch ironing out some issues by then.

Slaythe

We're gonna have to page Kagari to change the thread title if it's also not there on ps4 regular.

Ps4pro version of KH2 is perfect as of now, no stutter, no dropped input. (minus the minor physics/sound stuff and Xemnas RC)

Regular ps4 hasn't been tested yet.

Is there a guide to play Re:chains on "easy mode" ?

A way to cheese the game ?

I could never finish it.

Well, Beginner difficulty is pretty easy whatever you do.

Just focus on getting Sleights and CP when leveling up, HP is not that important especially on low difficulty. When using sleights try to use a partner card or a premium card (yellow value) as your first pick since those do not refresh anyway.

Sleights like Sonic Blade melt most bosses.

RexNovis

Banned
We're gonna have to page Kagari to change the thread title if it's also not there on ps4 regular.

Ps4pro version of KH2 is perfect as of now, no stutter, no dropped input. (minus the minor physics/sound stuff and Xemnas RC)

Regular ps4 hasn't been tested yet.

Nice! One more reason to be thankful for my Pro :D

When you ask Donald to heal you:

0If4vBy.png

Hahahahahahaah this is classic 😂😂😂😂

Tsunamo

Is there a guide to play Re:chains on "easy mode" ?

A way to cheese the game ?

I could never finish it.
Unlock Lethal Frame sleight, spam it on most bosses. For the final boss/other bosses equip high value cards (9's and 0's to break other cards) and you should be alright. It's pretty smooth sailing with sleights in Re:CoM.

Riku mode mostly does the work for you.

Logash

There was a preload. It wasn't an automatic download, you had to have activated it yourself.
Oh I never had to manually do it. So I had to go to the games page on th store and start it manually? Why would they make me do that? 2.8 was automatic.

Logash

I woke up to the game downloaded, so it was automatic for me. :/
Maybe it has something to do with me changing my primary PS4. I changed it back like a week ago but maybe I have to set it back up or something? Idk, thanks for the help everyone. Apparently I'll be playing this 103 minutes...

You can change difficulty settings when playing through as different characters in BBS, right? Like I could do normal for Terra, proud for Ventus, and Critical for Aqua? It's been a while since I played BBS.

tdwig

Neo Member
Yep I'm seeing no stutter at all on the pro. Is it specific to any of the titles? Checked Kh1 and kh2 and it's smooth as butter for me.

Only KH2 apparently had the stutter, how much have you played of it/ have you opened many treasure chests?

Edit: I see others have also reported it running fine with no stutter so I am pretty happy.

tbm24

Good to hear it's running great on PS4 pro. Looking forward to coming home tonight and diving back into KH 1. Never played final mix.

BDrummer1606

Neo Member
Regular PS4 user here. Playing kingdom hearts 2 currently and while the opening cinematic didn't have stutter, I saw it once or twice so far in the Roxas cutscenes. Nothing major so far, just a small hitch twice.

Slaythe

Regular PS4 user here. Playing kingdom hearts 2 currently and while the opening cinematic didn't have stutter, I saw it once or twice so far in the Roxas cutscenes. Nothing major so far, just a small hitch twice.

Wow. Did you experience that too while opening chests ?

----------

The IQ is fantastic in the game.

7sHhNwc.jpg

L0wwH2F.jpg

Didn't notice any stutter in KH2 so far. Regular PS4 here. Just to note, I'm skipping cutscenes, but I haven't noticed stutter when starting battles or opening chests.

Edit: There's definitely stutter when saving. Really feels like the game will crash whenever you save.

BDrummer1606

Neo Member
Wow. Did you experience that too while opening chests ?

Haven't opened any chests yet, but haven't seen anymore stuttering since the first two times. Played about an hour. If it stays like this, really not that big of an issue. Nothing like that twitch streamer so far!

But KH2 is exactly how I remembered it. One of my favorite games of all time!

RPGCrazied

I was going to get this at launch, but since I now have Horizon and Mass Effect to play while Persona 5 is just around the corner, I couldn't bite. Plus I have the PS3 versions and they run well enough. I will probably get it later on when it drops in price.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Those struggle bats are so goofy looking

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Last night, I was playing MLB The Show. My wife, who doesn't game, looked at me and stared. She said, this doesn't look like Kingdom Hearts! Where is Kingdom Hearts?!?!

She made me promise to not play anything else after last night when she's around unless it's Kingdom Hearts with the volume turned up so she can watch the whole series being played. Straight!

Here's hoping for a stutter-less play through.

Slaythe

So the consensus right now, from discord and here :

- ps4pro version is perfect

- regular ps4 has had no gameplay stutter for anyone, it might have occasionally stuttered in cutscenes for some, but not frequently and hasn't been noticeable out of hours of playthrough

- game looks stunning

- load times are instant

This is a million times better than the ps3 version.

There you go ! o/

We should PM Kagari so we can change the OT title :) .

What title should we go for ?

I was going to get this at launch, but since I now have Horizon and Mass Effect to play while Persona 5 is just around the corner, I couldn't bite. Plus I have the PS3 versions and they run well enough. I will probably get it later on when it drops in price.

This plays and looks like a dream, unlike the broken ps3 version.

Buying Mass Effect over this is probably the biggest mistake you could have made :p .

I preorded it on the SE store, so I won't be getting it till this coming Friday. Which works well since I'm going to try and finish BotW before then. Gonna go right into KH2 since I've played KH1 a ton of times but only played KH2 once.

Dalius

Didn't notice any stutter in KH2 so far. Regular PS4 here. Just to note, I'm skipping cutscenes, but I haven't noticed stutter when starting battles or opening chests.

Edit: There's definitely stutter when saving. Really feels like the game will crash whenever you save.

That's a bummer. I have a regular PS4 :/. Hopefully this gets sorted out.

- regular ps4 has had no gameplay stutter for anyone, it might have occasionally stuttered in cutscenes for some, but not frequently and hasn't been noticeable out of hours of playthrough

- game looks stunning

- load times are instant

There you go ! o/

Buying Mass Effect over this is probably the biggest mistake you could have made :p .
"Start With This One" or "No PS3 Required".

BigEmil

- game looks stunning

- load times are instant

There you go ! o/

Sweet!
"Start With This One" or "No PS3 Required".
"Kingdom Hearts Final Port" :p

Slaythe

Look at that foreshadowing !!!

I never noticed that.

"KH Final Port" title is a bit misleading but it's hilarious.

Also, even if they port it to PC, it should still be "1.5 + 2.5" so ... It probably IS the final port :p . I'd go with that personally.

Top Bottom