• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts III Invitation Premiere Event in May 18!!!

sora-sez-hakuna-matata-by-rasenth-lion_sora-39633224-600-594.gif

Anyone not quite as pumped after the weaker entries with Dream Drop, BBS and 2.8? Kinda feels like the combat's dropped off a bit. Magic isn't quite as robust (seems like every spell is an AoE), I'm not sure I like how the summons/D-Links will work, and the aerial combat seems way too floaty. KH2FM seems like a long time ago...oh wait...it was.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Anyone not quite as pumped after the weaker entries with Dream Drop, BBS and 2.8? Kinda feels like the combat's dropped off a bit. Magic isn't quite as robust (seems like every spell is an AoE), I'm not sure I like how the summons/D-Links will work, and the aerial combat seems way too floaty. KH2FM seems like a long time ago...oh wait...it was.
I believe KHIII combat will be much similar to KHII than BBS. Keep in mind that BBS was designed around PSP system that has one analog stick, so they had make combat and magic less complex compare to KHII.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

I never thought Dream Drop or BBS were "weaker" entries. They were games designed for handhelds with limited controls. Fragmentary Passage was only a tease/demo of what we can expect in KH3 while backcover just covered a bit of the phone game's story using (again) the KH3 engine. The game was mostly a way to allow people to play the 3DS game.

I also liked fragmentary passage but I'm pretty sure KHIII is going much better both in terms of visuals and combat.

It definitely will as it should have more varied environments, tightened animations, and more customization for the combat. However, for the two-ish hour ride that was Fragmentary Passage, I thought it did its job teasing the players very well.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I don't care how close the game is, I can't be teased for multiple years. I'm in the mode of "just let me know when the game is finally out so you can insta-have my money" you know? haha

Damerman

Those two games are the strongest in the series by far.

The Shepard

I always preferd kingdom hearts one to kingdom hearts 2, think I preferd the story and the music was excellent, found it more special even though the Combat was worse.

Can't wait to see this in action and hopefully a release date.

Be excited please.

Last edited:

Dunki

Embargo is lifted. Release date will be announced at E3 prob Sony Conference who knows.

Here is a 16 Minute Video from Eurogamer talking about what they have talked about and it shows a ton of footage. Man the battles look fantastic with all the shit that is going on^^

Damerman

Embargo is lifted. Release date will be announced at E3 prob Sony Conference who knows.

Here is a 16 Minute Video from Eurogamer talking about what they have talked about and it shows a ton of footage. Man the battles look fantastic with all the shit that is going on^^

Aww man ... im loving the flowmotion in this. Going from andy’s room to the parking lot was a dream come true.

Danjin44

I think I saw all I need to see from KHIII. I will be going in media black out on this and wait for release date.

Danjin44

Top Bottom