Kingdom Hearts III page for Xbox One removed from Japanese Xbox Site

Toki767

May 8, 2009
They could have at least waited to see how FFXV did over there. Probably not well, but still.

James Scott

Banned
May 24, 2014
Found it strange they never released the HD collections on 360/X1 if they were considering porting 3 to it.
But it's likely just Japan, can't see a major title miss out on Xbox world wide since the install base is fairly large.
Edit: apparently SE did the same with FF13

Sep 24, 2015
Found it strange they never released the HD collections on 360/X1 if they were considering porting 3 to it.
But it's likely just Japan, can't see a major title miss out on Xbox world wide since the install base is fairly large.
Still hella mad at SE for not releasing the HD collections XB1 but I understand why logistically.

KingBroly

Banned
Mar 18, 2015
Edit: apparently SE did the same with FF13
FF13 came out for 360 in Japan after a year.

I'm going to say I expect an NX version...assuming KH3 comes out anytime soon, but given Nomura's plate right now, I'm skeptical.

Wagram

Jul 11, 2013
Curious what the WW numbers will be for KH3 on Xbox with no prior releases. Feels like a make or break moment for future SE JRPGs on Xbox platforms.

James Scott

Banned
May 24, 2014
FF13 came out for 360 in Japan after a year.

I'm going to say I expect an NX version...assuming KH3 comes out anytime soon, but given Nomura's plate right now, I'm skeptical.
I think it won't be too long. Maybe late 2017. Seems like the performance is pretty good in the e3 demo even if the character shading looks a bit rough

Falk

that puzzling face
Aug 26, 2013
www.vgo-online.com
FFXV has it being a standalone game working for it. While still a JRPG that don't do to hit on Xbox it isn't attached to other games in the series.
I think on the flipside, Kingdom Hearts has a little bit more/a little bit of a different appeal outside the usual JRPG target market.

Who can say how this does in English speaking territories as a Babby's First KH game, really. The Disney pull is not insignificant.

KingBroly

Banned
Mar 18, 2015
I think it won't be too long. Maybe late 2017. Seems like the performance is pretty good in the e3 demo even if the character shading looks a bit rough
Nomura's also directing FF7r. As much as people like KH, FF7r's WAY more important to Square. Considering how FF13/14 screwed over Versus/15, I could see FF7r doing the same for KH3.

Jake2by4

Apr 2, 2016
Could just be moved over to the NX. It's not the first time a major game got cancelled for a particular platform. I mean they didn't even mention Xbox when asked why II.8 isn't multiplatform.
Would be a waste of resource and years of work just to cancel one version and to move it to another platform.

KingBroly

Banned
Mar 18, 2015
Would be a waste of resource and years of work just to cancel one version and to move it to another platform.
The game's still likely to come out on Xbox One in the west, although they're heavily positioning it to sway people to not buy it there, with II.8 not being on it, and 1.5/2.5 not being on 360.

jmaine_ph

Feb 17, 2014
Albany, NY
I think on the flipside, Kingdom Hearts has a little bit more/a little bit of a different appeal outside the usual JRPG target market.

Who can say how this does in English speaking territories as a Babby's First KH game, really. The Disney pull is not insignificant.
It might not bring in new fans but the hype from old fans and the amount of them that are still on the wagon might actually help the game a lot.

Alucrid

Banned
May 30, 2009
wonder if it's just for japan and still coming out in other territories where the xbox isn't completely dead

mrmickfran

Apr 13, 2013
Nomura's also directing FF7r. As much as people like KH, FF7r's WAY more important to Square. Considering how FF13/14 screwed over Versus/15, I could see FF7r doing the same for KH3.
KH3 has 2 directors. If Nomura gets too caught up, the other guy can pick up the slack.

salromano

Jan 8, 2011
NYC
gematsu.com