• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts New Title to be Announced at E3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
According to an interview with Nomura in July's GameInformer.

Nomura basically says one of the two projects he mentioned he was working on for announcement this year will be announced at E3. They want to do something for American fans... likely not on HD consoles, Wii or iPhone.

A voice actor listing for 'Kingdom Hearts ReCoded' has shown up: http://web.mac.com/phoolholy/iWeb/philsnyder.net/Jiminy Cricket .html

Possibly related?

Guess we'll find out.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Kagari said:
Nomura basically says one of the two projects he mentioned he was working on for announcement this year will be announced at E3. They want to do something for American fans... likely not on HD consoles, Wii or iPhone.

FFXIII to 360, part 2.

duckroll

Good news. I agree that it's likely to be a remake of Coded for western fans on a gaming platform (DS? 3DS? PSP?), ala Re:Chain of Memories. If it's for the PSP, there might a small chance that this is the excuse Nomura needs to once again pull off a KH BbS Final Mix+... :lol

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
as far as im concerned the story ended with Kingdom Hearts II.

anything "more" would have to be something completely original within that universe for me to want to pay attention to it. Not "oh no, more shadows and heartless and blahblahs are attacking"

selig

Banned
Yay, another thread about "KH for my system!" - "no, it´ll be coming to MY system" and so on :/

Just announce the game, SE, sigh

Yoshiya

Same interview also confirms the other KH project is for a handheld.

The series now: Mainline game -> Handheld spinoff -> Mainline game -> Mobile spinoff -> Handheld spinoff -> Handheld prequel -> Handheld spinoff -> Handheld spinoff -> Mainline game?

Resilient

ReCoded suggests another mobile game (Kingdom Hearts: Coded was an episodic titled for a phone I can't remember in Japan), I'm guessing iPhone. Wouldn't except KH3 seeing as Birth By Sleep hasn't even seen its English release yet.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Sometimes, Nomura twists the truth (remember Versus XIII was not to appear at TGS/Jump Festa according to him?).

So my heart will say KH3 on HD consoles. :lol

Yoshiya

bluebird said:
ReCoded suggests another mobile game (Kingdom Hearts: Coded was an episodic titled for a phone I can't remember in Japan), I'm guessing iPhone. Wouldn't except KH3 seeing as Birth By Sleep hasn't even seen its English release yet.

It's not an iPhone game according to the interview. Nor is it for PS/360 or Wii.

Apath

davepoobond said:
as far as im concerned the story ended with Kingdom Hearts II.

anything "more" would have to be something completely original within that universe for me to want to pay attention to it. Not "oh no, more shadows and heartless and blahblahs are attacking"
Hey, Sora and Kairi still gotta fuck.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
PS2 is a possibility

inner-G

Banned
I was told by a rando gamestop employee today that KH3 would be announced for PS3 and it will be 3D, so it must be a mistake :lol

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
duckroll said:
Re:CoM was developed because of KH2FM+ though.

Think of it this way: if it's Re:Coded, they can just pull a Phoenix Wright and print it on new PS2 discs!

It would include fancy Super Game Boy-style bars with Nomura's artwork.

Kenak said:
Hey, Sora and Riku still gotta fuck.

Fixed :(

Anyway, let's start with the unrealistic hopes! I'm going with reboot and Pixar worlds! Square to tap into their other franchises (Chrono Trigger, TWEWY, Fullmetal Alchemist) :D

Tranced Shadow said:
Fixed :(

Anyway, let's start with the unrealistic hopes! I'm going with reboot and Pixar worlds! Square to tap into their other franchises (Chrono Trigger, TWEWY, Fullmetal Alchemist) :D

Bradley vs. Sephiroth, hell yeah :p

Anyway I think they're milking the series. Also I wonder if one of the games will be for 3DS.

Yoshiya

Surely one of them has to be a 3DS game. If they do coded for PSP, it would be great if each episode could be released as a PSP mini, as then those without a PSP but who own a PS3 could at least play the game.

duckroll

I'm sure they wouldn't be wasting Team Osaka's time on a remake of Coded now, especially since it sounds like it's already well into development. Since Team Osaka is still wrapping up the English version of BbS, and Nomura just had a meeting with them about the next major KH project, that is likely the other game. Based on scheduling, that game would only be out in 2012 at the earliest. I find it very unlikely that they will commit to another PSP game for release in 2012, so it could well be a 3DS or PSP2 game, depending on whether they already have dev kits for either at this point.

AniHawk

StuBurns said:
For the Lynx yeah? The third party support has really dropped thru on there. Shame.

third parties really dropped the ball though. they should have marketed their games better.

Well examiner has a new article on the interview.

As for what platform the two new Kingdom Hearts games will be appearing on, it looks like it won’t be the iPhone, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3 or Xbox 360 as Nomura revealed they have no current plans to bring the series to new systems. However, he also said they “have been discussing opportunities with various parties.” They will think about the next steps for the series once the two current Kingdom Hearts projects are completed.

So the next two KH games will be for DS and PSP?

ULTROS!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Regulus Tera said:
This thread got weird waaaaaaaaaay fast.

Alternatively, Kingdom Hearts fans are the Sonic fans of Squeenix.
There is no Sonic cycle for KH though.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
3ds would make sense since they have slowed down on their DS releases.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
inner-G said:
I was told by a rando gamestop employee today that KH3 would be announced for PS3 and it will be 3D, so it must be a mistake :lol

As a GameStop employee myself, I can tell you that most conversations I have with customers about KH3 assume its a PS3 exclusive. In fact, I've even had one customer tell that they bought a PS3 specifically for KH3.

People are stupid. It's just how the world is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom