• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded TGS 2010 Trailer

duckroll

Peff said:
Is the Status Matrix just the one board from the beginning or does it get bigger/you get more boards?

Don't really know, but I would imagine it's a single board from the start, but you won't be able to activate all the special skills and cheat modes until you're far enough in the game to have enough pieces to lay paths everywhere.

There's also a Command Matrix, which isn't revealed on the site yet, but I hear it's going to be the Re:Coded version of Command Melding in BbS. Joy! :D

duckroll said:
Don't really know, but I would imagine it's a single board from the start, but you won't be able to activate all the special skills and cheat modes until you're far enough in the game to have enough pieces to lay paths everywhere.

There's also a Command Matrix, which isn't revealed on the site yet, but I hear it's going to be the Re:Coded version of Command Melding in BbS. Joy! :D
That dude who came over from the Osaka team to help out with Re:Coded is like the ARPG version of Itou *weeps openly*

duckroll

badcrumble said:
That dude who came over from the Osaka team to help out with Re:Coded is like the ARPG version of Itou *weeps openly*

That dude has a name. His name is Tai Yasue.

He didn't "go over" to Tokyo or anything. Part of the BbS team is working on Re:Coded, just like how part of the Tokyo team works on all KH games. Even though development on KH games were previously handled by Jupiter, h.a.n.d., and S-E Osaka respectively, the Tokyo KH team is still very much involved with supervising the graphics, art direction, asset creation, etc to keep the series very consistent in terms of look and feel.

What's happening now is that Nomura is so happy with the work S-E Osaka has done on Re:CoM and BbS that S-E Osaka now has their own Osaka KH team, which is like a gameplay division of the KH team now. So for Re:Coded they are in charge of overseeing and supervising the gameplay and level design, while the Tokyo KH team is in charge of overseeing and supervising the graphics and art design.

Although, not all credit should go to S-E Osaka, because the other Hiroyuki Itou (CoM, TWEWY) was hired directly into S-E from Jupiter, and has since worked on 358 Days and now Re:Coded. He's actually a co-director on Re:Coded this time round, and I won't be surprised if he's behind the panel system in 358 Days and the matrix system in Re:Coded. It also explains why S-E stopped using Jupiter, since they managed to steal a talented planning director and can now use him internally on games outsourced to other developers with better technical skills. :lol

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Peff said:
Funny how this has gone from "Eh..." to "OH YES GIVE IT TO ME NOW".
Hah, I posed this in the last thread:

Princess Skittles said:
This went from being "lol cell-phone port" to "holy crap gimme gimme gimme now" in such a short amount of time.
Everything about this remake is really turning out amazing.

duckroll said:
That dude has a name. His name is Tai Yasue.

He didn't "go over" to Tokyo or anything. Part of the BbS team is working on Re:Coded, just like how part of the Tokyo team works on all KH games. Even though development on KH games were previously handled by Jupiter, h.a.n.d., and S-E Osaka respectively, the Tokyo KH team is still very much involved with supervising the graphics, art direction, asset creation, etc to keep the series very consistent in terms of look and feel.

What's happening now is that Nomura is so happy with the work S-E Osaka has done on Re:CoM and BbS that S-E Osaka now has their own Osaka KH team, which is like a gameplay division of the KH team now. So for Re:Coded they are in charge of overseeing and supervising the gameplay and level design, while the Tokyo KH team is in charge of overseeing and supervising the graphics and art design.

Although, not all credit should go to S-E Osaka, because the other Hiroyuki Itou (CoM, TWEWY) was hired directly into S-E from Jupiter, and has since worked on 358 Days and now Re:Coded. He's actually a co-director on Re:Coded this time round, and I won't be surprised if he's behind the panel system in 358 Days and the matrix system in Re:Coded. It also explains why S-E stopped using Jupiter, since they managed to steal a talented planning director and can now use him internally on games outsourced to other developers with better technical skills. :lol
Ah, thanks. It's reaching the point where I'm more excited to see what the Osaka KH team does next than I am to play FF Versus XIII (this is subject to change, of course).

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
A bit late to the TGS vid, but damn me if it isn't looking great.
Both the gameplay systems and the graphics look like a big improvement over Days.

duckroll

Pureauthor said:
Heck, they look like an improvement over BbS.

The system design, probably. The lack of an analog pad on the DS will still end up hurting the experience a little I reckon. The 3DS can't come sooner.

ILikeFeet

Banned
duckroll said:
The system design, probably. The lack of an analog pad on the DS will still end up hurting the experience a little I reckon. The 3DS can't come sooner.

KH3D will be so good this BBS and re:Coded are anything to go by. 3D is headed by the Osaka team. but taking into account what duckroll said, the Tokyo team has an equal involvement.

ILikeFeet said:
KH3D will be so good this BBS and re:Coded are anything to go by. 3D is headed by the Osaka team. but taking into account what duckroll said, the Tokyo team has an equal involvement.
KH3D should just turn out to be Kingdom Hearts 3 for maximum drama and also because it'd be a perfectly good platform for it.

ILikeFeet

Banned
I'm alwways good for some internet drama. and the graphics could be the series best yet. the only thing I'm worried about is the settings. granted we don't know if what we saw was a tech demo with the PS2 assets.

I can't wait to see the secret movie (if this has one).

ILikeFeet

Banned
I really like the circuit board level up system. I like this style better than the standard upgrades. Also they have FF13 avatars, but does the game have TWEWY avatarts? If would be total bullshit if it didn't

Peff

ILikeFeet said:
question: what ever happened to Mickey's keyblade from the world of darkness?

It's the main antagonist in this game.

Nah, it isn't (uh, as far as I know), I wondered that too when the trailer was leaked, but I guess maybe it's because he's in the virtual world too, or the devs just thought the Star Seeker is cooler.

ILikeFeet

Banned
Peff said:
It's the main antagonist in this game.

Nah, it isn't (uh, as far as I know), I wondered that too when the trailer was leaked, but I guess maybe it's because he's in the virtual world too, or the devs just thought the Star Seeker is cooler.
Yea but I felt the keyblade of darkness had more story weight that the star seeker. Since Sora has the keyblade of light and Riku has the twilight keyblade. At first I thought it was just his first weapon since it appeared in the secret movie for KH2 and BBS. Why they still use it in Coded, I don't know. But it lost whatever significance it had.

ILikeFeet

Banned
Rating: Everyone 10+

Content descriptors: Fantasy Violence

Rating summary:
This is an action role-playing game in which players control a character named Sora, who must navigate a series of virtual fantasy worlds to decipher a hidden message. Players mostly use magic spells and a large key-shaped sword to strike and slash at creatures and classic Disney villains (e.g., Maleficent, Hades, Jafar). Some levels allow players to engage in top-down turn-based battles or traverse through side-scrolling levels while firing magic spells at waves of flying enemy creatures. Characters react to damage by grunting/crying out in pain or bursting into small orbs.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=29946

Top Bottom