• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Razmos

wC0czLCh.jpg

Yay!
Ain't nobody got time to guilt this thing.

wC0czLCh.jpg

Yay!
Ain't nobody got time to guilt this thing.

It's not that bad. To achieve a guilted HPO, you need:

-19 of one of the kids to use as a base, 7 to guilt + 12 to make two 6* versions of it.
-12 of each of the other two non-base medals to make 6* versions of them.
-6 Ice Creams.

So... 49 medals total. If you want to put the extra effort into guilting the individual medals, then that would take a bit more.

Razmos

-19 of one of the kids to use as a base, 7 to guilt + 12 to make two 6* versions of it.
-6 Ice Creams.

So... 49 medals total. If you want to put the extra effort into guilting the individual medals, then that would take a bit more.
Eh the bonus time is 7am my time, which is the time I get up for work. It was a stretch to even get the medal in the first place

Just curious.
Are you all just getting only one HPO with extra attack?
(I probably will, I'm just wondering if everyone else is as well)

-6 Ice Creams.

It's actually easier if you just have an already guilted medal I think. I'm going to have a guilted Hayner B turn into the HPO guilted medal.
You need a lot less medals like that. Like half pretty much.

Just curious.
Are you all just getting only one HPO with extra attack?
(I probably will, I'm just wondering if everyone else is as well)

It's actually easier if you just have an already guilted medal I think. I'm going to have a guilted Hayner B turn into the HPO guilted medal.
You need a lot less medals like that. Like half pretty much.

My math was a little off; you'll need 17 of the base medal to guilt it, not 19.

Definitely not half, though. It takes five 5* medals to evolve each of the Twilight Town trio to 6*. If you want to guilt both the base medal and unlock Nova for HPO, you need 30 total medals just to evolve each kid to 6* twice.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I haven't made an HPO medal yet and I want to make sure I won't miss out on any nova levels. I finally got an extra attack on Pence B so if I get him up to 100% I'll get the 5 nova levels then if I evolve him into an HPO it'll keep the 100%+EA and I'll get another 6 nova levels?

I haven't made an HPO medal yet and I want to make sure I won't miss out on any nova levels. I finally got an extra attack on Pence B so if I get him up to 100% I'll get the 5 nova levels then if I evolve him into an HPO it'll keep the 100%+EA and I'll get another 6 nova levels?

You'll need to make another HPO medal to fuse into the one you have Extra Attack on to unlock the Nova level (this is why you need two 6* versions of each of the Twilight Town trio and 6 Ice Cream medals).

It's a little more grinding, but it's worth it for 6 free Nova levels.

Famassu

I had a good run during the last bonus hour. Had a decent random group for each half hour bonus time. The first period with the hard bosses had people who waited 3-4 seconds before killing the eggs and then there were 1-2 people who did insane damage to the lvl 500 enemies (I saw one single hit medal do something like 850 000 damage... >_>; ) so one run only took, like, 1-2 minutes.

Then the normal levels had a pretty decent group of people who (mostly) didn't just go Flash-speed to the next eggs but killed enemies and advanced at a pretty ok pace so that usually at least 3-4 people could get to the next egg before it was killed. I was probably the biggest asshole a couple of times. xD Ran into an egg and while I did try to wait for a few secs, no one appeared so I just killed the eggs alone.

Even got 4 Pences in one level once. o_O

Now i just need some Olettes. The only one I haven't even guilted yet. Need 5 medals to evolve one 2 pipped olette to 6* & then another 6 to create a 0-pip 6* one for the combo medal.

But you only need to evolve one of the kids twice?

Get a three dotted X, and a two dotted X with extra attack. Then Y and Z can just be fed with the ice cream cones.

You can't unlock the Nova level for HPO without another HPO medal.

Well, I suppose you could if you use a Mirror, but then you'd be missing out on Nova levels for the base medal.

Actually, my math is a bit off. Add another 6 medals for the base medal count since you'd need to evolve that one from 5* to 6* three times.

Anyways, I had a good run with random players, but unfortunately despite getting like over 25 Pence B's I was not able to get any Extra Attack. What a waste of time. -_-

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
You can't unlock the Nova level for HPO without another HPO medal.

Well, I suppose you could if you use a Mirror, but then you'd be missing out on Nova levels for the base medal.

Actually, my math is a bit off. Add another 6 medals for the base medal count since you'd need to evolve that one from 5* to 6* three times.

Anyways, I had a good run with random players, but unfortunately despite getting like over 25 Pence B's I was not able to get any Extra Attack. What a waste of time. -_-
I rerolled my Pence B 4 times and got EA 3 of those times which were the first EAs I've gotten on any of three medals. I'm still stuck at 88% with him though. :(

Lnds500

Finally got my first AB3+GA2 ability thanks to today's deal. Pull them on an iTerraB and trying to climb the coliseum.

*fingers crossed*

Famassu

What's better 4 def for everything, or 6 def for PSM and no gen defense?
You don't need both. From my experience with Extra Attacked Vexen B (which gives speed & magic defense), getting above 4 x attributed defense alone is usually enough to survive most everything (especially with the DBIII I put on it).

Psxphile

I am 6279 for now. Am I safe? :p

Maybe. Check back later. New week, new weekly unlock, new people making their mercy pulls and getting 0.2 Kairi which is a gamechanger. The struggle ain't over.

EDIT: JP just introduced "Toon" variant medals whose special function is to increase an enemy's countdown gauge by 1, delaying counters

DGEvIyCUQAAl7Ap.png:small

they look nice, I guess Terra and Axel versions will come around later? Also +1 doesn't seem like a lot, but I figure better versions will eventually be released
If anything, it means the mobile game is going to introduce more enemies who can counter in the future.

Maybe. Check back later. New week, new weekly unlock, new people making their mercy pulls and getting 0.2 Kairi which is a gamechanger. The struggle ain't over.

EDIT: JP just introduced "Toon" variant medals whose special function is to increase an enemy's countdown gauge by 1, delaying counters

DGEvIyCUQAAl7Ap.png:small

they look nice, I guess Terra and Axel versions will come around later? Also +1 doesn't seem like a lot, but I figure better versions will eventually be released
If anything, it means the mobile game is going to introduce more enemies who can counter in the future.

The count gauge is what literally screwed me over in JP coliseum.
I only got like top 5500 even though I can do a million damage with my last medal if I can actually use all my medals.
I hope they don't become even more common...

Also JP coliseum reward is "Attack-up XL II 100%"
I want that shit for my boosted Seph Ex.
Still need Dark Gnaw too.. I hate proud quests

The count gauge is what literally screwed me over in JP coliseum.
I only got like top 5500 even though I can do a million damage with my last medal if I can actually use all my medals.
I hope they don't become even more common...

Also JP coliseum reward is "Attack-up XL II 100%"
I want that shit for my boosted Seph Ex.
Still need Dark Gnaw too.. I hate proud quests

Boy do I have some bad news for you, Elbows. This month's coliseum in JP is not only bringing more Counter enemies but is also bringing back the Fidget Spinners. In other words, you need to pull for these guys or you're gonna have a bad time.

Boy do I have some bad news for you, Elbows. This month's coliseum in JP is not only bringing more Counter enemies but is also bringing back the Fidget Spinners. In other words, you need to pull for these guys or you're gonna have a bad time.

What are fidget spinner enemies?
How many hits do they take to turn on?

I really don't want these medals too turn into the meta... These new medals have scared me because I fear the future is just going to have hit/turn counts for most enemies.

I can't pull sadly... I had 25k jewels...
but I tried to pull for Seph Exs, 6 pulls, didn't get one. Really wanted to trait my 2 boosted. lol :/

Then I pulled for Neku medal for Riku Ex, but sadly haven't got him. I need to do one more pull to at least get mercy Neku.

Probably should start saving up jewels again after this..

I got stuck on round 130.
My ib&b extra attack is useless now. ;-;
First time I haven't gotten top 10k in coliseum in so long.

Feels bad.

Make 0.2 go back away. lol

I should really give up on Coliseum, every month I hit a wall and I end up in ~11000th place.

Did you get 0.2 kairi? My friend had a shit set up, but with 0.2, copy Key Art, he was able to pass me, with his final medal beating an attack boost 2 Male B. lol

Psxphile

I spent the day working my way up Coli early so I wouldn't have to worry about it for the rest of the month. Stopped as soon as I got to Tier 14, must have been ranked 1100+. It won't last but for now I'm content. My Lionheart setup gave me 1-turn wins in every round all the way up through Tier 13, stopped only by that Snowman bastard with his multiple HP bars. Got to be bullshit near the tail-end since the Snowman shows up every 10 levels and 1-turning the round right after him puts you right back with him again. So that was fun.

deanote666

I should really give up on Coliseum, every month I hit a wall and I end up in ~11000th place.

Same. I can't stay in the top 100 for the whole month. I was until the last week of last month and ended up in the 180's. My best is 157th place...

I spent the day working my way up Coli early so I wouldn't have to worry about it for the rest of the month. Stopped as soon as I got to Tier 14, must have been ranked 1100+. It won't last but for now I'm content. My Lionheart setup gave me 1-turn wins in every round all the way up through Tier 13, stopped only by that Snowman bastard with his multiple HP bars. Got to be bullshit near the tail-end since the Snowman shows up every 10 levels and 1-turning the round right after him puts you right back with him again. So that was fun.

You can do any of the rounds you have available if you one-turned everything the previous round so you don't HAVE to do the last one available.

creid

Did you get 0.2 kairi? My friend had a shit set up, but with 0.2, copy Key Art, he was able to pass me, with his final medal beating an attack boost 2 Male B. lol
Yeah, all my keyblades have 0.2 Kairi, and I usually used my mega-Illus Aqua, but still wasn't enough to get into top 10k.

Psxphile

Finally done with the grind. 100%ed each of the trio and unlocked the Nova after their powers combined. Slapped an SP1 skill on it and will now proceed to forget it exists until in dire need of defense.

Speaking of things I wished I could forget:

DGRTZpVUAAAwt7D.png:small

new avatar boards coming tonight

Finally done with the grind. 100%ed each of the trio and unlocked the Nova after their powers combined. Slapped an SP1 skill on it and will now proceed to forget it exists until in dire need of defense.

Speaking of things I wished I could forget:

DGRTZpVUAAAwt7D.png:small

new avatar boards coming tonight

I think this is the first time I've seen the Aristocats referenced throughout this entire series.

EDIT: Also, I'm not sure if SP1 is the best skill for them. I mean, they're expensive, but if you're gonna be focusing on defense by bringing their combo medal along you might as well put a DBIII on them.

Psxphile

I think this is the first time I've seen the Aristocats referenced throughout this entire series.

EDIT: Also, I'm not sure if SP1 is the best skill for them. I mean, they're expensive, but if you're gonna be focusing on defense by bringing their combo medal along you might as well put a DBIII on them.

Maybe but I've already got DBIII on iKairi2 and that one never leaves my side. Though I suppose another couldn't hurt for coverage. Too late now.

EDIT: the avatar boards include a Power Gem, Attack Boost IV Max, Defense Boost IV, and ATK B III Max & SP GA I skills.

Malyse

Maybe but I've already got DBIII on iKairi2 and that one never leaves my side. Though I suppose another couldn't hurt for coverage. Too late now.

EDIT: the avatar boards include a Power Gem, Attack Boost IV Max, Defense Boost IV, and ATK B III Max & SP GA I skills.
Oh, tell the party I'll be back when I get a new 📱. Can't play it on my phone ATM.

creid

I need to somehow get 6 Hayners in the last 2 days to get a guilted HPO. Hope the drop rate isn't too terrible... who am I kidding?

Top Bottom