• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

deanote666

Is there any benefit to a medal having more hits, or are strong medals with fewer hits the meta nowadays?

Does each hit base their damage based on defense each hit - 5 hit medals are affected by defense 5 times and a 1 hit medal is affected by defense 1 time?

I need more materials... Please hurry up SENA...

D2iRlrN.jpg

Azuran

Banned
No reason to pull for that new medal when I already have Tifa & Aerith.

Another falling deal is tempting but the last one had better medals so this is an easy pass.

Unless they slow down, we might have tier 7 as early as November. We only have two. tier 6 EX medals.
And we keep getting a EX banner every 2 weeks. So end of November/early December might be tier 7.

There aren't even many tier 6 medals left. Sora F set, and Toon set and like 3 other medals.

I wonder why they started pushing out medals so quickly.

Credo

I was going to pull for FF Xion. But if Ava is coming out in a month and a half... I might just hold on to my jewels. lol

I was thinking the same thing. Is Ava going to be nearly as bad as Seph EX was? Because I'm not blowing my jewels on anything appearing that rarely.

Depends? Ava was a 15-pull mercy in JP
That's the big question. I'm debating about pulling for ff xion because I might still have enough for Ava when she comes. But who knows if she will be a mercy pull.
She might be 20 mercy cause for all we know cause SENA.

Honestly all ex medals should have a mercy pull. Even if it's a high one. 15 pulls is technically 300 dollars.. lol

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Goddamn, started playing this week and the boss in quest 47 is a crazy difficult spike. I went online to search for tips and the sites list a completely different fight. Turns out they very recently changed several quest bosses to work as a wall for newbies. Whelp.

edit: fuck it, their plan worked. Just did my first F2P pulls to get some decent medals. Still can’t come close to beating the boss though, even after upgrading stuff, lol. Time to grind.

You really wanna pull on Ava when Kairi would be right around the corner?
It depends on how they do tier 7. (Whether or not it is a mercy pull really)
I did the math, and if they continue doing what they are doing now. Riku EX will be October 13th, Marluxia EX will be October 27th and tier 7 could start on November 10th. They so far have been releasing a new EX medal every other week.

However with tier 7/foretellers, I wouldn't be surprised if they were separate for each banner or something, because it isn't our anniversary month. (And they could spread them out more + make people pull for more banners that way. It is SENA after all)

But to actually answer your question. I have no plans on pulling for Kairi Ex I think.(I did 14 or so pulls on JP and didn't get her...)
It's going to be Sephiroth Ex all over again. JP has always had better odds on EX medals because it's a 1/8 chance. Global EX medals are BS because it it opens up to all medals above a certain tier.
If it's a tier 6+ falling price, I might pull for her, but if not, I'll be skipping for sure and waiting for a mercy reprint or something.

tldr: JP didn't get a mercy Kairi EX, which means neither will we. So it won't be worth pulling.

Goddamn, started playing this week and the boss in quest 47 is a crazy difficult spike. I went online to search for tips and the sites list a completely different fight. Turns out they very recently changed several quest bosses to work as a wall for newbies. Whelp.

edit: fuck it, their plan worked. Just did my first F2P pulls to get some decent medals. Still can’t come close to beating the boss though, even after upgrading stuff, lol. Time to grind.

You just started correct? You should just reroll your account until you get Xion Ex. It's the perfect time to do so because of the free 15k jewels for the anniversary.

Fuu

Ok, I beat the quest, whew. I’ll probably steamroll the next few.

You just started correct? You should just reroll your account until you get Xion Ex. It's the perfect time to do so because of the free 15k jewels for the anniversary.
It’s tempting, but I really dislike rerolling in F2P games due to how time-consuming and frustrating it can be. This game in particular is a PITA for that since the initial download is massive and the tutorial is kinda long too.

Ok, I beat the quest, whew. I’ll probably steamroll the next few.

It’s tempting, but I really dislike rerolling in F2P games due to how time-consuming and frustrating it can be. This game in particular is a PITA for that since the initial download is massive and the tutorial is kinda long too.

How many jewels do you have anyhow?
With tier 7 being so close, I'd almost want to say restart, and save jewels for that. lol.

Xion EX would be really useful to you though. Or Riku Ex.

What level 6 medals do you currently have?

Fuu

How many jewels do you have anyhow?
With tier 7 being so close, I'd almost want to say restart, and save jewels for that. lol.

Xion EX would be really useful to you though. Or Riku Ex.

What level 6 medals do you currently have?
For now my level 6 are Illustrated Sora A, Illustrated Kairi, Illustrated Xemnas, Xehanort & Vanitas, HD Roxas, and Final Boss Xion. Currently have 6310 jewels after doing 5 pulls on the Xion banner.

Azuran

Banned
I just realized Missing Ache is going to be such a good Keyblade for me once we can finally fully upgrade it. My guilted Double Attack Key Art #3, Double Attack Illustrated Xemnas, and Dark Riku are going to put some work.

Psxphile

To be fair Jasmine hasn't shown up yet. Worlds were chosen because of the PoH and yet not all of the princesses actually appeared.

That's certainly true. Someone mentioned that we haven't seen the world title pop again like with some of the other worlds so it would seem we still have unfinished business there. In fact, Agrabah is the only world besides Daybreak Town and the new Enchanted Dominion that hasn't been completed yet. I wonder why it took so long?

Fairy Stars Materials and Adamantite quests show up in JP on Fridays, but I guess that's not going to be the case for global since today was Friday and we got nothing?

NKnight7

Neo Member
I just realized Missing Ache is going to be such a good Keyblade for me once we can finally fully upgrade it. My guilted Double Attack Key Art #3, Double Attack Illustrated Xemnas, and Dark Riku are going to put some work.

That's me with Counterpoint and, eventually, Diamond Dust. My magic medals are really good currently, and I only need one more magic gem to be able to upgrade Counterpoint to its max level.

deanote666

Looks like they haven't readjusted the coliseum for the pet system.

I didn't have to pick and choose rounds this month until round 900+ in tier 14.

The rally rat finally survived 1 round from my medals but my pet finished it off in round 897.

Looks like they haven't readjusted the coliseum for the pet system.

I didn't have to pick and choose rounds this month until round 900+ in tier 14.

The rally rat finally survived 1 round from my medals but my pet finished it off in round 897.

People think they won't change in global until we get Kairi Ex/upright/reberse buffs. Since that was a big game changer.

Psxphile

Combo VIP Quests are in this week's WJE pack! A new Wkly Gem Quest, Daily Raid Event + Union Cross update also arrive midnight (PT)!

DLZyL_yVYAAGg2_.jpg:small

Also at midnight (PT): Axel Art [EX] is back in this Falling Price Deal! Plus a new High Score Challenge begins!
DLZyhz9U8AA_JTz.png:small

Ooh, Union Cross has Angry Adventurers dropping past event medals again. Wonder what's going to be in the rotation this time? I have a bunch of event medals that I was never able to guilt.

I have 16k jewels saved up. Should I pull for mercy Xion Boss w/ a chance of Xion HD (banner ends tonight) or go for the Falling Price Deals (either of them)? I know the HSC will probably want Xion medals for scoring high, don't know if iDonald B is worth it.

deanote666

DLZyL_yVYAAGg2_.jpg:small

DLZyhz9U8AA_JTz.png:small

Ooh, Union Cross has Angry Adventurers dropping past event medals again. Wonder what's going to be in the rotation this time? I have a bunch of event medals that I was never able to guilt.

I have 16k jewels saved up. Should I pull for mercy Xion Boss w/ a chance of Xion HD or go for the Falling Price Deals (either of them)? I know the HSC will probably want Xion medals for scoring high, don't know if iDonald B is worth it.

iDonald B looks powerful but is random attack and only 2 chances for traits.

Mercy is a guaranteed medal vs a medal you may never get. A party member said they got theirs to 1m damage.

I have 50+ pull across the Ex banners and have yet to pull 1. The Axel Ex banner is tier 4 and up so the medal pool is massive.

The next medal worth getting is Kairi Ex so you'll be better off saving for that banner since you'll need all the jewels you can get.

Psxphile

Since I'm not expecting Kairi EX to show up for another 3+ months I'm tempted to pull now anyways. Then again, I'm not really hurting for good attack medals or buffers at the moment, so I can stand to wait.

I'm concerned JP is going to release another must-have, meta-changing medal just as we get Kairi EX, prompting everyone to go back into jewel-hoarding mode for another few months.

That Axel banner is horrible. Nothing good about it. It would have been tempting if it was a mercy banner, but even then, I wouldn't pull.

Since I'm not expecting Kairi EX to show up for another 3+ months I'm tempted to pull now anyways. Then again, I'm not really hurting for good attack medals or buffers at the moment, so I can stand to wait.

I'm concerned JP is going to release another must-have, meta-changing medal just as we get Kairi EX, prompting everyone to go back into jewel-hoarding mode for another few months.

People think we might get Kairi Ex on Christmas, or maybe January.

Tier 7 is pretty close. I have 40k jewels saved up. I really hope we get the 15 pull mercy...

Azuran

Banned
That Axel banner is horrible. Nothing good about it. It would have been tempting if it was a mercy banner, but even then, I wouldn't pull.

People think we might get Kairi Ex on Christmas, or maybe January.

Tier 7 is pretty close. I have 40k jewels saved up. I really hope we get the 15 pull mercy...

The Axel banner, like all falling prince deals, is great if you have spare jewels around and want to stock on up tier-5 medals. Getting Axel is just a bonus.

Edit: Okay, Axel is just tier-4 looking closely at the image. Ignore half of my post!

Skittles

FF Xion is great if you plan to do HSC stuff. Otherwise, save for a tier 5 falling price deal.

The Axel banner, like all falling prince deals, is great if you have spare jewels around and want to stock on up tier-5 medals. Getting Axel is just a bonus.

Edit: Okay, Axel is just tier-4 looking closely at the image. Ignore half of my post!
Ya.
If someone wants tier 5+ medals, they should pull the King's Roar banner.
If someone wants a good speed reverse medal, they should just do a 5 pull mercy on the Xion Ex banner for Final Boss Xion.

It's a bad banner.

Psxphile

http://api.sp.kingdomhearts.com/information/detail/33009

The list of event medals you can get from Union Cross quests and Angry Adventurers. Pretty sure Young Kairi, Judy and Nick, Halloween Sora, Christmas Sora and (technically) Sora&Riku&Meow Wow medals are new to the rotation.

EDIT: ugh, that 15-minute one-per-day AA event is going to be some bullshit, wording makes it sound like it can pop at any time

http://api.sp.kingdomhearts.com/information/detail/33009

The list of event medals you can get from Union Cross quests and Angry Adventurers. Pretty sure Young Kairi, Judy and Nick, Halloween Sora, Christmas Sora and (technically) Sora&Riku&Meow Wow medals are new to the rotation.

Thanks for the list. Seems they removed Male B... very lame. :/

"The Angry Adventurer will appear once per day for 15 minutes only as a Union Cross quest boss."
This seems pretty awful. It's random right? So it could just be at 2am every day?

deanote666

Cross is glitched!

Everything is dropping event medals and affected by the Steal ablility.

Getting 4 dwarfs a mission right now and about 10 event medals total per mission!

Edit: 15min quest now active

deanote666

Oh shit. Jumping in for a few rounds i guess.

Edit: So many xmas sora and Flowbermeows. Need my Donald for traits game.

Apparently, I didn't have any Halloween Sora.

I have 3 4 star Dwarfs now! I might finish that medal this year...

It's glitched so everything is giving out gold chests instead of silver ones.

Psxphile

I mean, we know regular quests will drop medals because that's what the notice says. Didn't think it would be this consistent, though. It's probably normal behavior but seems like a glitch because this kind of behavior is so unlike SENA.

Top Bottom