• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning

GrayFoxPL

I remember I created a character and half hour later I met an npc clone of myself. Then not long after another random with the same face and hair.

m3KF4Gw.jpg

Kadve

Any words on a free upgrade for pc users? own it on origin, but hopefully something can be worked out if.

Cool! Like all CG trailers, I skipped through it to try to find gameplay and didn't watch it. Hope the expansion is good, though.
That's fair I was just pointing it out. They only show it at the end of the trailer anyway for a few seconds so it could be easy to miss even if you watched it through.

Tschumi

I really loved this game, never played much of it but that is solely because of it's weird aspect ratio (much like Shadow of Mordor/War), if this remake has a better camera system I'm all over it. Great news~

Humdinger

Bump. This game comes out in 3 days. Edit: Nope, actually it comes out Sept. 8th.

Anyone buying? I was thinking about it, but I'm in the middle of Spidey, so I'll hold off for now.

I played about 5 hours of it back on the 360, but it didn't hold my attention for some reason. It might have been the story, which is pretty generic, or it might've been the way the studio was collapsing, so the game felt like it was this bastard child of arrogance and mismanagement, and you knew it was a dead end (although now maybe there will be a sequel?).

Here's a recent video going over some of the upgrades.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I will most likely be getting this, but that comes down to how good of a job they did on the port.

Humdinger

8/18? it says 9/8 for the states

Yeah, you're right. It's listed for Sept 8th at Gamestop and amazon. It was announced for August 18th a few months ago, but it must have gotten pushed back. So ... never mind. It's not out in 3 days. It's out in 24 days.

On the upside, I'll probably be done with Spidey by then, so I can jump to KoA if I feel like it. It's been a while since I played an old-fashioned RPG.

Last edited:

JSoup

Banned
Totally gonna pre-order. Love it back on the PS3. This version comes with both DLC areas and there is going to be a completely new DLC added for it next year.

levyjl1988

Banned
I remember playing this game for quite some time, but got bored of it and put it down. The NPCs felt very autogenerated using the same character creation options that each of them felt like c lone rather than be distinct, so I hope they made some of the main NPCs have a unique look. I hope they added more character customization options.

EA's next remaster should be Alice Madness Returns, that game definitely deserves it and the obvious Bioware Mass Effect Trilogy obviously.
Also, an updated Dragon Age Orini's would be amazing.

Mr Branding

It’s incredible just how much better this game is than that piece of shit Skyrim.
Bought this original release to substitute the abysmal ps3 Skyrim but this game’s not it. Offline MMO pretty much. Dragons Dogma released a few months later and that filled the gap

bender

What time is it?
I'll wait for a deep discount. I can still access the game via Xbox backwards compatibility. I've tried to get into the game a few times but I just don't enjoy the combat.

T-Cake

Going to wait and see if there are any updates for PS5/XSX. If there are I will buy it on console otherwise get it on PC.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Deffo picking this up, I've been in the discord and there are some bugfixes but not massive overhauls. I loved this game, the first few hours are going to be a slog though replaying through the intro but after that gonna be fun. There's also an expac on the way later next year with new content I believe. Plus after doing game worlds like Odyssey, these will feel much smaller nowadays lol.

Being honest, fans of the original will like it - I doubt it will win over people who didn't like it first time round and it might feel janky and stale for those wondering whether they should pick it up.

Pallas

Gold Member
I think the original is backwards compatible on the Xbox One.

I think the only thing I really remember about this game was the cross promotion it did with Mass Effect 3. You could earn dlc items for each game that had gear themed from the other game. I think it was tied to the demos that were released.

Day 1 for me loved this game
HOPEFULLY THEY FIXED the Biggest issue I had with the game the level lock area it ruined slot of area since they got locked at low levels to be able to start the dlc.

Anyone know if they fixed it?

The dlc were great too can't wait to get pirate costumes back.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Any word about an hard difficulty mode that is not a cakewalk? it was the biggest flaw in the first one (and the boring lore\story).

Last edited:

T.v

I'm definitely interested in this, hoping for some more information on the changes and fixes soon. Some footage would be nice as well. With less than a month until release I'm expecting something soon.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Purchased this morning for my Xbox OneX.
Predownload is already up weighing in at 36GB.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I remember this being a competent take on an MMO, but without the multiplayer. Felt sorta like WoW as the only one on the server.

Shubh_C63

They should have remastered AND Reworked it a bit.

the useless amount of side quests, the useless items that stays in your inventory forever and in general the long loong winded explanations of stuff could be handled better. I still LOVED that game. Greatsword gameplay, while being annoyed by the blue shield being active 100% of the time.

vkbest

Last edited:

intbal

T.v

So far they've been doing a terrible job showing it off. Not even two weeks from launch and one shitty trailer is all. Nothing concrete on any changes, no side to side comparisons. Making it hard for me to look forward to it despite loving the original.

Vaelka

So Alyn Shir will actually stay the same in the remaster too :messenger_moon:.
Can't wait for the reviews about how '' problematic '' she is lol.

Weird how everyone's psyched and remembering it as an amazing game. It got a super lukewarm reception at launch, and was one of the most generic "of its time" kind of games I've played. The combat wasn't as painfully dull as the witcher, but it wasn't much better.

Top Bottom