• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingpin: Reloaded (2020 PS4/XONE/PC/Switch)

Sep 9, 2017

Kingpin: Reloaded
In a stylized noir art deco gangland that never was, the Kingpin rules above all else with a bloody fist. When his lieutenant Nikki Blanco leaves a no-name Thug battered and broken, the upstart criminal rises from a puddle of blood, lead pipe in hand and revenge in mind.
Kingpin: Reloaded brings new life to the Quake II engine classic. 4K resolution, ultrawide support, and improved graphics in Enhanced mode enable the beautifully-depicted metropolitan nightmare shine. Controller support makes the game more accessible for anyone who wants to explore the depths of Kingpin’s depravity. Overall improvements like new quest and conversation systems make Reloaded even better than the original.
Stalk lamp-lit streets and take down rival gangs to let the Kingpin know his end is nigh. Kingpin’s immersive sim elements allow the Thug to recruit other gangsters with a conversation system. Increase the Thug’s influence through multiple hub-based missions. Run with the gang on a violent warpath with upgradeable weapons including Tommy guns, bazookas, and more. Location-based damage leads to bloody, thrilling battles: kneecap, maim, or go for the head.
If that sounds too extreme, try No Violence mode. However, the “colorful” language proudly used by Kingpin’s gangsters remains. Lean even further into that era and start fragging in Gang Bang mode’s old-school multiplayer.

Last edited:

Cravis

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2006
Oh nice! Out of nowhere. I’m in. Enjoyed it when it was originally released.

Oct 26, 2018
Video won’t work in my phone.....

Based off kingpin life of crime? Sweet.

that game was pretty shallow but the graphics, sound, cussing and brutality were awesome. Best quake 2 era visuals I saw.

for those of you who didn’t play it check out vids. Great setting, shit stained toilets, swearing. Really good setting.

I don’t see this game being worth $60,.... the old game was SP only I think. but if it’s bargain priced that will be good.

Doczu

Aug 17, 2012
Poland
It's ok? Hopefully they'll rebalance the final boss fight as that shit was waaaay too difficult for it's own good.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2013
Omaha, NE - USA
That's crazy. I saw this game at Babbages all the time in the late 90's. It was like one of the first boxes I saw that talked about how violent it was. I eventually got it off GOG. I think One Unit Whole Blood scratched that itch for the longest time.

Oct 26, 2018
That's crazy. I saw this game at Babbages all the time in the late 90's. It was like one of the first boxes I saw that talked about how violent it was. I eventually got it off GOG. I think One Unit Whole Blood scratched that itch for the longest time.
My bro’s and I had a blast playing this game.

it was a pretty shallow game, but still worth the $35 cdn we paid for it. I remember EB charging around $50, but got EB to price match some shady computer store who had an ad in one of those ink stained computer papers. And EB matched it. Those were the days!

Last edited:
May 22, 2018
My bro’s and I had a blast playing this game.

it was a pretty shallow game, but still worth the $35 cdn we paid for it. I remember EB charging around $50, but got EB to price match some shady computer store who had an ad in one of those ink stained computer papers. And EB matched it. Those were the days!
Ah the good ol EB price match. I cant imagine they would pull that shit nowadays. Remember when you could trade games in and get cash?

Reactions: Allnamestakenlol

laser_printer

Dec 10, 2019
Sactown
This game was basically Max Payne if it had pulp fictions script, can't wait! The only thing wrong with it was that eve
Ah the good ol EB price match. I cant imagine they would pull that shit nowadays. Remember when you could trade games in and get cash?

Old EB was one step above the shoddy chinese game stores that buy obviously stolen "new" games LOL.

MiguelItUp

Feb 24, 2015
Holy shit! What a great surprise! Kingpin was awesome and the OST ruled! Stoked about this!

Space Runaway

Sep 5, 2018
Jeez they're fishing this out of the gutter.

Was always a pretty crap game but it had the novelty of characters saying fuck every other word, so there was that. =P

LazyParrot

Mar 19, 2019
Ah, I remember Kingpin. A shooter so brown it made Quake 1 and 2 look downright psychedelic in comparison.

Chacranajxy

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Oct 13, 2008
Never got around to playing this one, but it always looked cool. Taking the original off my GOG wishlist, in any case.

Mista

Dragonslayer
Nov 21, 2014
FUCK YEAH! I'm in baby!

Love me some unexpected good announcements

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
This is a great surprise. Although, at first I thought it was a full remake. Finding out it’s just a remaster is a little disappointing. That box art looks insanely good, though.

V4skunk

Nov 20, 2018
I always though SiN was better than Kingpin.
Quake and Unreal were king in those days though. Hexen2 was also very good.

Mistershine.

Jan 20, 2018
I always though SiN was better than Kingpin.
Quake and Unreal were king in those days though. Hexen2 was also very good.
Sin was great, and if you used the no clip cheat you found Elexis Sinclair having some personal time in the bath.

Reactions: Fuz
Aug 26, 2018
What a time the late 90s were...so many gloomy bad ass games: Max Payne, Slave Zero, Kingpin, Messiah, Soldier of fortune...

Last edited: