• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KINGSGLAIVE: Final Fantasy XV Thread: Everything for the future king

wmlk

I want Nozue to have more involvement in Tabata's next game. Not sure what kind of involvement that would be, but with Kingsglaive having very good reception I'm sure he's talented enough.

Sorry, this is off topic, but has there been any word on a stand alone blu-ray release for Brotherhood?

Only way to purchase brotherhood is by buying the steelbook edition of Kingsglaive.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01H2RR7FO/ref=mp_s_a_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469307141&sr=8-1-spell&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=kingaglaive

Beats out the deluxe edition that only comes with the movie. I feel better off preordering the regular edition with this combo. It comes around the same price.

Socivol

The rollout of this film has been pretty piss poor from a marketing standpoint much like most of the marketing for the game. I am ready for them to take my money, yet they currently do not want it :(

chozen

The rollout of this film has been pretty piss poor from a marketing standpoint much like most of the marketing for the game. I am ready for them to take my money, yet they currently do not want it :(

The movie theatrical release is probably for more dedicated fans, which is also why it's probably limited. They probably just expect people to watch it online and buy it on blu-ray, or get the Deluxe edition.

Honestly, I agree. The marketing for the entire universe of XV has been really disappointing. Hopefully they do a better job now that we're getting so close to release, but Kingsglaive has been mostly quiet outside of enthusiast circles.

Socivol

The movie theatrical release is probably for more dedicated fans, which is also why it's probably limited. They probably just expect people to watch it online and buy it on blu-ray, or get the Deluxe edition.

No I am talking about the fact that less than a month prior to the premiere you don't even know where it is playing nor can you purchase tickets. That's pretty shitty marketing even if it is only for hardcore fans. Especially considering this film has a Western aesthetic to try to entice Western audiences into being interested in the game.

Honestly, I agree. The marketing for the entire universe of XV has been really disappointing. Hopefully they do a better job now that we're getting so close to release, but Kingsglaive has been mostly quiet outside of enthusiast circles.

IIRC isn't Kingsglaive actually made with part of XV's as a whole? I wouldn't be surprised if the low-key marketing is because that'd be taking away from XV (marketing and development wise) as a whole.

And it's just going to be a limited release / DTV thing, right? I do get the impression that Kingsglaive and Brotherhood are pretty much marketing for XV and thus SE don't feel the need to advertise them as themselves, but more as part of the whole.

No I am talking about the fact that less than a month prior to the premiere you don't even know where it is playing nor can you purchase tickets. That's pretty shitty marketing even if it is only for hardcore fans. Especially considering this film has a Western aesthetic to try to entice Western audiences into being interested in the game.

Oh true. Yeah, that's pretty bad.

Socivol

I don't think so, it seems on the American front Mat is in over his head because the marketing surrounding the project and his performance in it specificially (shitty demo at E3, shitting showing of the Platinum Demo at uncovered) has been subpar but he seems to give off a vibe that he thinks it's excellent. It's quite perplexing that a senior marketing manager would be so off the mark with a campaign like this.

Ketaya

I wouldn't be surprised if SE themselves don't really know the theater list since Sony is handling the release.

Socivol

I wouldn't be surprised if SE themselves don't really know the theater list since Sony is handling the release.

I guess, but SCEA does a pretty damn good job of getting theaters together for E3 (I know it would be a different division doing this for the film) so it's not as if the company as a whole doesn't have a history of getting theater information to customers in a timely fashion. I'm not that worried because I live in Chicago but it is just really odd.

Ketaya

I guess, but SCEA does a pretty damn good job of getting theaters together for E3 (I know it would be a different division doing this for the film) so it's not as if the company as a whole doesn't have a history of getting theater information to customers in a timely fashion. I'm not that worried because I live in Chicago but it is just really odd.

In this case it's Sony Pictures (or more specifically Stage 6), not SCEA. And I guess Kingsglaive is low priority for them, sadly.

benzy

From ComicCon panel: Kingsglaive will release digitally on August 30th and Blu-ray on October 4th.

CoGXXl9UEAABNjQ.jpg:orig

Only way to purchase brotherhood is by buying the steelbook edition of Kingsglaive.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01H2RR7FO/ref=mp_s_a_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469307141&sr=8-1-spell&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=kingaglaive

Beats out the deluxe edition that only comes with the movie. I feel better off preordering the regular edition with this combo. It comes around the same price.

You can get brotherhood separately here too: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/ANSB-13002

^Reliable place. The only thing I would say is that the shipping is a bit steep though.

October 4?

So I gotta buy it digitally to see it before release, but if I want it on BR, I have to wait until after?

Why not release it at least day and date with the game?

Toth

Looks like I'm going to NYC on the 19th! I was just there for Aladdin (cousin's b-day present) across the street XD

I hope we can preorder tickets.

Top Bottom