• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KINGSGLAIVE: FINAL FANTASY XV Trailer Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTux

FzOb.gif

Pre-beta vs Uncovered.

ffxvaskus610.jpg

Cg6WkL1WIAAl8kS.jpg:orig

Where did they post those alpha screenshots?

BTW you guys made me realize that Stella is the Aerith of FFXV

Philippo

To me Luna, role-wise, looks more like a cross between Aerith (link to the planet's health) and Yuna (pilgrimage to commute with the gods). Altough i don't mind it, i hope they give her a more personal twist on this.

Turin

Banned
Old Prompto looked much better.

New Noct looks better with the more realistic facial structure. Still needs a haircut though. And some pants.

Too bad Aaron Paul isn't the voice actor for English Noctis.... :(

That would've been cool. I remember thinking that's what they were going to announce when he came out on the stage.

@NurBoyXV on Twitter spotted another real life brand name in the Kingsglaive trailer

Cg-O-WhWYAIN23p.jpg:large

T-shirts incoming?

Possibly. Uniqlo has done several video game collaborations before.

What intrigues me more is the JAL logo on one of the buildings in that picture. I don't think I've seen mentioned anywhere else before and I wonder how the game/movie will justify its existence. (Japan is not even a concept in the series)

wmlk

@NurBoyXV on Twitter spotted another real life brand name in the Kingsglaive trailer

Cg-O-WhWYAIN23p.jpg:large

T-shirts incoming?

With Uniqlo, we might get clothing that human beings wear on a regular basis. I would not mind.

Possibly. Uniqlo has done several video game collaborations before.

What intrigues me more is the JAL logo on one of the buildings in that picture. I don't think I've seen mentioned anywhere else before and I wonder how the game/movie will justify its existence. (Japan is not even a concept in the series)

Well, Japanese and English are used as canonical languages in several games across the series. And in this game, the crown city is based off if Tokyo, specifically Shinjuku.

Philippo

Speaking of cross-media collaborations, since Noctis japanese VO is the vocalist in a rather known band, i'm surprised Square isn't letting him sing something for the game or the anime.

Mokubba

Movie comes with the Deluxe and Collector's Edition. Anime will be free on YouTube, with one episode monthly starting in June, and it will also be in the Collector's Edition. The anime is just a bit of background to the main cast that focuses on their friendships. The movie is set before and during the main game and focuses on Regis and the events during the invasion of Noctis' home city. Tabata recently said that you could also watch them after having finished the game. In the end it's not integral to the game's main story and the movie's story probably ends after the first few chapters of the game if it's about the invasion of Insomnia and Regis' "death" which the party learns about pretty early in the game according to the Game Informer feature.

The website says it's coming to Blu-Ray as well.

Japan is also getting physical for the anime as well so hopefully we get the same.

Jennipeg

Luna looks so much better in KingsGlaive, for some reason I really don't like her face in the main game. That and I don't like the name Lunafreya, that's just an uninspired mash up of 2 names. Seriously she needs to be interesting in the main game becomes everything about her so far is meh. Now Gentiana looks far more interesting.

Luna looks so much better in KingsGlaive, for some reason I really don't like her face in the main game. That and I don't like the name Lunafreya, that's just an uninspired mash up of 2 names. Seriously she needs to be interesting in the main game becomes everything about her so far is meh. Now Gentiana looks far more interesting.

Everyone looks so much better in Kingsglaive.

I don't know why they have two such drastically different artstyles.

Mokubba

You ain't alone. Deluxe is too busy for my taste but I got it preordered for the movie.

Man i fucking want this, this one has everything i care about without the figure and the exagerate price.

This,

I haven't pre-ordered the deluxe because I'm still hoping for an English version of this even though it's unlikely.

I don't like the art on the steel book.

This would have have been my choice.
Game, anime, movie and art book in a nice box. Done

Some potential new character names for Kingsglaive on IMDB.........

Will Bowden ... Pelna - Performance Capture
Andrea Tivadar ... Crow

I'd like to point out again that the Final Fantasy XV game page on IMDB has listed a different voice actress for a character named Crowe since before the Uncovered event.

Alexa Kahn ... Crowe (voice)

Maybe this woman we saw with the motorcycle helmet is Crow(e)?

KINGSGLAIVETEASERLEAD.png

Yes, I know anyone can edit IMDB (with a pro account?), but two unique references to the same character name is more than a coincidence, right?

Edit: The capture artist for Pelna retweeted about his involvement a few days ago.

qmM5ZmP.jpg

Koozek

Some potential new character names for Kingsglaive on IMDB.........

I'd like to point out again that the Final Fantasy XV game page on IMDB has listed a different voice actress for a character named Crowe for a little while now.

Maybe this woman we saw with the motorcycle helmet is Crow(e)?

KINGSGLAIVETEASERLEAD.png

Yes, I know anyone can edit IMDB (with a pro account?), but two unique references to the same character name is more than a coincidence, right?

Edit: The capture artist for Pelna retweeted about his involvement a few days ago.

qmM5ZmP.jpg

Andrea Tivadar confirmed it on her own Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/andreativa/?hl=de

CiKd7G0WkAENQyI.jpg

Andrea Tivadar confirmed it on her own Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/andreativa/?hl=de

Very good. They must have lifted the embargo for VAs after Uncovered. There are several actors on Twitter who have announced themselves as either VAs, motion capture, or facial capture (often all 3). The performance capture artist for Nyx is actually doing VO for a different character not yet named.

Curiously, we still don't know some of the English VAs for the game itself.

Now we just need to get all the character names.

Weskham Armaugh, which one are you?

Nozue sent a video message last week to one of the animation contractors thanking them for their work on Kingsglaive.

Image Engine Design Inc.
We have the best clients! Takeshi Nozue, Director of Square Enix honoured our crew with a face to face thank you for all their hard work on KINGSGLAIVE: FINAL FANTASY XV. #InsideImageEngine

55nRx9q.jpg

benzy

Harada (Tekken Creator/Director) has already seen the movie.

Harada:
Oh, good. Actually I had the great opportunity to watch it already and I must say that it is a must watch. Because you will be surprised that Japan can make something of this caliber.

Tabata:
What's that suppose to mean? *laughs*

Harada:
With a movie that hits the sore spot for Japanese viewers that also contains awfully serious plots, it is hard to get the same type of response from western viewers. This can be specially seen from the feedback with drama scenes (cutscenes) in games. But in regards to Kingsglaive, I fell that that is not the case.

Harada:
I watched Kingsglaive, without even knowing the plot and settings for FFXV, but I still walked out emotionally touched. I think that if there is a combination of overwhelming visual and music, I think you can overcome this barrier.

https://forum.finalfantasyxv.com/di...e-tabata-ffxv-translation-compiliation#latest

Harada (Tekken Creator/Director) has already seen the movie.

Harada:
Oh, good. Actually I had the great opportunity to watch it already and I must say that it is a must watch. Because you will be surprised that Japan can make something of this caliber.

Tabata:
What's that suppose to mean? *laughs*

Harada:
With a movie that hits the sore spot for Japanese viewers that also contains awfully serious plots, it is hard to get the same type of response from western viewers. This can be specially seen from the feedback with drama scenes (cutscenes) in games. But in regards to Kingsglaive, I fell that that is not the case.

Harada:
I watched Kingsglaive, without even knowing the plot and settings for FFXV, but I still walked out emotionally touched. I think that if there is a combination of overwhelming visual and music, I think you can overcome this barrier.

https://forum.finalfantasyxv.com/di...e-tabata-ffxv-translation-compiliation#latest
Interesting. I'm guessing he saw an unfinished cut. One of the French studio contractors is still hiring people to help finish the project; job postings were put up a month ago.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
So what are the plans for overseas release of this one? One could hope with all the voice talents involved it might come to theaters this summer...
The silence though is concerning.

Jeels

Skipping out on the collector's edition in favor of an individual Bluray release. Hopefully it's out before the game so I can watch it before I start playing.

Samimista

Skipping out on the collector's edition in favor of an individual Bluray release. Hopefully it's out before the game so I can watch it before I start playing.

I got the Deluxe Edition as well since I'd like to have a physical copy of Kingsglaive. Hopefully, we'll get an NA release date soon for the film.

Samimista

Edward Saxby is the visual reference for Ardyn
Fake edit: Looks like this has been known since last month, but I'll post it anyway

I had no idea who Edward Saxby was until this thread, but he's very handsome.

I prefer Ardyn's hair color in the movie over the purple in-game, honestly.

Zoe

Edward Saxby is the visual reference for Ardyn
Fake edit: Looks like this has been known since last month, but I'll post it anyway

Kbudbw2.jpg

Movie model is a total downgrade, from real life and the game. I don't know how they could have messed it up so bad.

.JayZii

Banned
CjRFPMCVEAAjc4a.jpg

Why does Luna look so anorexic in that pic. Scary...and I think she wears a new dress there. Wedding dress...?
This is her near the 3/4 mark of the game when Plague of Stars has begun sapping the life out of her as she attempts to hold back the forces of darkness from the Eternal Void. The saddest part is when her dog, Hikaru, tries to save her by.... Oh deary me, I've gone and said too much, haven't I?
Is this real or Photoshopped?
To be fair, it's been photoshopped whether it's come from SE or a fan.

Randomizer

The skin shaders on those character models makes them look sickly. It's like Gen 6 Capcom character models all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom