• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingthrash - Daydream. Games journalism and viral marketing

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Arnold Schwarzenegger Reaction GIF

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
It's not his words that I find interesting though.

What I find interesting is how this youtuber makes up a conspiracy theory, starts with a quote about journalism, then proceeds to put journalists and "influencers" in the same soup, but actually includes only one active journalist who writes one-two articles a week nowadays (and is certainly more active as a book writer and activist nowadays than as a journalist), and believes he actually proved something.

There's only one thing that's as bad as "influencer culture" and that's "youtube ragemongering." But this youtuber certainly won't say much about that, because he's part of it. 😂

"Hey look at how bad they are, but listen to me, I'm good!" 😂

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Looks like an interesting video, but at 40 minutes I'll watch it another day. But that first part with the old guy talking about true journalism just makes current "journalism" in anything look like junky sell outs.

Anything for a buck.

Thats human nature. Money. When you got advertisers, and for gaming (free shit galore and early previews access) paying the way, most people and companies take the money.

Pretty sure old era journalism wasnt like this. But who knows, maybe its always been like this since the first town that made a newspaper. But I have a feeling back then it was more about telling the truth whats going on in the city with revenue coming from people paying 5 cents per copy than corporations/advertisers being the brunt of revenue source which skews everything.

Last edited:

FranXico

Role model - person looked to by others as an example to be imitated.

Cult - a system of religious veneration and devotion directed towards a particular figure or object.

Not really sure why you're talking about cults suddenly ;)
Because of the way you were projecting your own attitude towards social media outlets.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Didn't watch the video, but I smashed the dislike button, guy is an absolute console warrior loser, from what I saw with a prior video posted here once.

You need better role models if you enjoy this nonsense :p
king trash is just a console warring clown. he comes in to any DF tweet or thread it seems saying shit like they're biased towards xbox and whatnot. idk why he's not a banned source he comes into threads on here and does the same shit

King Thrash. What asshole Twitter and YT channels. lol

king trash is just a console warring clown. he comes in to any DF tweet or thread it seems saying shit like they're biased towards xbox and whatnot. idk why he's not a banned source he comes into threads on here and does the same shit

Why isn't he and his content banned, is beyond me. Nothing but 🤡 shit, every post. What's even more cringe, is the fact that the average age of his following is less around 13 years old.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Summary:
-Clip from old guy about journalism
-Clip about journo who plagiarized
-Clip about journo who said Cyberpunk on PC is 90% of the way to the trailer in execution
-Clip of Jason Schreier saying games are as good as they've ever been
-Schreier calls out gamer rage("spending 4hrs/day raging on Youtube and Twitter about games and devs")
-Alana Pierce says that it's a trendy thing that gets views to rage, complain, and claim reviewers are paid off
-News report about NeoGAF story about MS paying Machinima for positive coverage on Xbox One
-Clip about GAME contest where the winner would get a Series X and Game Pass and £1500/month salary
-"Become the face of gaming for GAME"
-Clip of lady talking about her mom's social media friend posting picture of her with a smoothie

Last edited:

Kingthrash

Lol a console warring clown? Lol

First off I know the guys at DF personally and discuss different topics. They know if I don't agree with something I will call them out and they do the same with me...but we both know how to admit when we are wrong. You don't know me nor do you know them....lol yet you defending them when they don't need defending.

Secondly there is a difference between talking shit to homies and console warriors. Nowhere in my posts do I say "Playstation is better" I do troll people that I know tho, because that's what friends do.

Last I'll add that if you have an issue with my views that's perfectly fine, but don't brush off videos like this just because you don't know me. This video has absolutely NOTHING to do with console war shxt at all...if very eye opening. Up to you to watch but posting tweets that I post to my friends pretending it's console war stuff is dumb lol I own all consoles...console war been over for years....maybe it's YOU who are stuck in post traumatic console war train of thought.

Kingthrash

Summary:
-Clip from old guy about journalism
-Clip about journo who plagiarized
-Clip about journo who said Cyberpunk on PC is 90% of the way to the trailer in execution
-Clip of Jason Schreier saying games are as good as they've ever been
-Schreier calls out gamer rage("spending 4hrs/day raging on Youtube and Twitter about games and devs")
-Alana Pierce says that it's a trendy thing that gets views to rage, complain, and claim reviewers are paid off
-News report about NeoGAF story about MS paying Machinima for positive coverage on Xbox One
-Clip about GAME contest where the winner would get a Series X and Game Pass and £1500/month salary
-"Become the face of gaming for GAME"
-Clip of lady talking about her mom's social media friend posting picture of her with a smoothie
This isn't it at all...lol wow...you must be a influencer yourself...lol wow. Comprehension is very low otherwise

Kingthrash

What I find interesting is how this youtuber makes up a conspiracy theory, starts with a quote about journalism, then proceeds to put journalists and "influencers" in the same soup, but actually includes only one active journalist who writes one-two articles a week nowadays (and is certainly more active as a book writer and activist nowadays than as a journalist), and believes he actually proved something.

There's only one thing that's as bad as "influencer culture" and that's "youtube ragemongering." But this youtuber certainly won't say much about that, because he's part of it. 😂

"Hey look at how bad they are, but listen to me, I'm good!" 😂
No...im very bad...don't listen to me.
Just pay attention to what's going on around you.

Also "youtube rage mongering"? If you are inraged about something said on youtube them maybe you shouldn't watch youtube...so many times I get called the "N+ER" word just because people don't agree....but I don't get inraged. But tell me what have I said that would actually enrage you? "Xbox has no games"? How is that me making you mad? "Do not trust Jim ryan"...whats raging you out about that? Maybe it's YOU who needs help.

I'll start with some advice.......not everyone shares the same opinions......and that's ok.

Kingthrash

Why isn't he and his content banned, is beyond me. Nothing but 🤡 shit, every post. What's even more cringe, is the fact that the average age of his following is less around 13 years old.
In ANY of these posts.....what was ban worthy?
Did I disrespect anyone? did I lie? Did I say a racial slur? What in any of these screenshots did I do worthy of a ban?

Xbox controllers are outdated.....lol
"This is xbox"....how is any of that ban worthy....especially when they are true?

Kingthrash

Looks like we all hit a nerve with King Thrash.

Guy jumps in to defend his video with a tons of posts starting at #25 after the thread was made.
No nerves hit at all? What I can't comment on topics about me? Lol I'm at home eating. Reading the false information and correcting them. Clearly many are lost at what I do so I'm just trying to help.

Fact of the matter is alot of yall are insecure and immature. I'm just interacting with yall because I believe all gamers should share their veiws. I haven't called any of you out of your names or showed any disrespect....even though that's what SOME of you are poorly attempting at doing. Lol I guess you not used to real people replying to you....shocking....I know

Jack Uzi

Banned
King Thrash cracks me up. Many take him too seriously. Step away from your feelings, if you don’t like him fair enough. End of the day it’s all fun and games, if you’re insulting a brother over plastic and silicon then there’s what the hell is you doing...

Kingthrash

In the video there was a mention about the IGN guys is this what Kingthrash Kingthrash was referring to?

I haven't seen this video
it's been tired and old since like 2017
You think the video is about complaints about gaming journalism? Lol how'd you get that? What's the complait?....its about the new marketing coming from the companies that uses are trust against us. Alot of Journalists aren't Journalists at all they are really influencers. That's why you don't see the 5 main codes of ethics being used and you see a real Journalist showing disgust with how trust is being manipulated by these fake Journalists.

Kingthrash

What outlets has he written for? Are we calling everyone with a gaming channel on youtube a journalist?
Yes and no....Is ign a journalist? Or are they a gaming website with a YouTube channel? The lines are being blurred for money in their new age of marketing. Why is Jason visiting Yong? Is Yong a fellow journalist or do the masses watch Yong more than Jason. This is just episode one....future episodes dig deeper in each segment of episode 1

Bryank75

Banned
It's funny how people change their minds about journalists.... there was so much hate for journalists last gen, when they were giving Xbox exclusives terrible reviews.
People calling them biased, saying the politics behind the games was more important than the game..... and I am one of the biggest critics of TLOU2.

But now that you have two dingdongs from IGN posting almost identical gamepass PR at the same time without stating it was PR, you then have Destin Legaire on unlocked podcast and then he comes home after a full day at IGN to make more Xbox propaganda on his own channel.

Then you have Grubb at venturebeat, Tom Warren at The Verge.

Parris on KFG.... 'exclusives are bad when PS does them but exclusives are great when Xbox does them' - literally his position.

Everybody avoided addressing the scandal Thrash mentioned when Xbox got advertising through youtubers without stating it was paid for...... and no doubt they have something like that going on now, nobody talks about a service as much as these people do without a really good reason.... and that is a personal benefit to them.

In an industry where people work their 9-5 as a 'journalist' and then go home and have their own youtube where they also post..... there is no distinction. They are all paid shills.

Think about it... PlayStation is the biggest console brand, yet they get the least coverage out of the 3. There is a reason behind that.

Top Bottom