• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby’s Epic Yarn, Kirby Mass Attack coming to the Wii U eShop this week in NA

mp1990

Banned
Having just beaten my first Kirby game last night, Super Star, I just can't wait. Does that make the entire Kirby series playable through VC if you own both the 3DS and Wii U?

blamite

Nice, definitely getting Epic Yarn! I started playing Return to Dreamland and I'm absolutely loving it, so I'm completely down for more Kirby.

Can anyone who's played Mass Attack recommend it/have any idea how well it'd work with the Wii U's DS emulator?

Hopefully Rhythm Heaven Fever is coming in the next week or two, as lazy as this may be I've been really wanting to go back to it lately but I can't be bothered to bring out the disc.

Having just beaten my first Kirby game last night, Super Star, I just can't wait. Does that make the entire Kirby series playable through VC if you own both the 3DS and Wii U?

Aside from Super Star Ultra, yes all the mainline games are playable.

I know that Avalanche and Air Ride are not at the moment.

Ridley327

No, because Tilt 'n' Tumble is still missing and likely to never hit VC due to the motion sensor requirement, and Air Ride isn't available due to it being a Gamecube game.

Technically, KSSU isn't on there, but KSS is, so it's not super required or anything.

mp1990

Banned
Aside from Super Star Ultra, yes all the mainline games are playable.

I know that Avalanche and Air Ride are not at the moment.

No, because Tilt 'n' Tumble is still missing and likely to never hit VC due to the motion sensor requirement, and Air Ride isn't available due to it being a Gamecube game.

Technically, KSSU isn't on there, but KSS is, so it's not super required or anything.
Thanks for the info guys. Fortunately, seems like they only left some spinoffs behind (aside from KSSU but let's ignore that one for argument's sake), so I should be able to play through all the mainline ones in the platforms I own.

Blues1990

You should also check out Kirby's Dream Course. It's basically 'Kirby: Golf Edition', and it's a blast to play with a pal.

NoKisum

So what is it about the 3DS or N3DS that's making it impossible to download DS games to the system? Because I assume that that technical mishap is why Kirby Mass Attack won't be available.

Yukinari

I know a lot of people enjoy Epic Yarn but it was starting to get really boring despite the great artstyle. Good music too but as a whole its inferior to any modern Kirby game, especially now that Planet Robobot exists.

Woolly World and Wario Lane Shake It are the better games Good Feel made.

RedToad64

I wasn't a fun of Mass Attack when it released. The levels are not very well designed and the main mechanics of flicking Kirbys wasn't too great either. The mini-games are pretty legit, though.

Nairume

Banned
So what is it about the 3DS or N3DS that's making it impossible to download DS games to the system? Because I assume that that technical mishap is why Kirby Mass Attack won't be available.
It's not impossible, seeing as how Warioware Touched and Advance Wars Days of Ruin were turned into 3DS downloadable games. The catch is that they essentially function as DSi games and thus are stuck with the size limitations the DSi had for digital games since they run in the 3DS's DS mode.

The overall list of games that could be handled in this manner would be extremely limited and would have to exclude a lot of major titles for the DS.

I looved Mass Attack. And it has great mini-games, especially pinball.

Epic Yarn was good, though Return to DreamLand is way better. Very easy even for Kirby standards. Even getting the gold medals or whatever they were was mostly a breeze, and only challenge mode provided a mild... challenge.

maxcriden

The two best Kirby games.

Do you guys know how good these games are? It's *unreal*. Two of the very best games Nintendo has ever published.

If you find KEY to be too easy, keep in mind going for 100% is obscenely difficult.

Mass Attack, on the other hand, can be pretty tough throughout.

Top Bottom