• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby Triple Deluxe Features A New Power-Up And Collectible Key Chains

New scans have emerged of Kirby Triple Deluxe featuring:

-A new bell power-up (Kirby holds a bell in each hand, has a bell on his head) and the beetle power-up
-"Big Bang" (?) power where Kirby turns rainbow and sucks all the things up in super-powered suck that has been featured in the trailer. Only appears in some stages. Sucks things up, spit things out (ew) and open new pathways.
-Some stages require you to tilt the 3DS.
-Mini-games featuring King Dedede, 1-4 players.
-Collect over 250 Key Chains, which celebrate Kirby's history, in-game and trade them via Street Pass.
-One of the key chains is a pile of Kirbys as seen in Kirby Mass Attack
-One of the mini games involves jumping on drums while trying to reach the goal
-If you swallow new bell enemies you get the new Bell power.
-Bell attacks with sound.
-Pressing the button repeatedly makes the sound louder.
-You can go inside the bell to protect yourself, too.
-Swallowing the beanstalks seen in screens and footage are what trigger the 'Big Bang' power.
-Seems the name of the world is Floarald(o) (Furorarudo), floating in the sky.

Kirby Triple Deluxe releases in Japan on January 11th, 2014 with Angry Eyes (tm).

New news = new thread. Searched, but couldn't find anything. Suck me up and spit me out if old.

I saw collectible key chains and got hyped as hell for pre-order bonuses but am still hype as hell for what the actual implementation is.

Toad.T

Banned
The legacy of Fred the Spaniard lives on.

The release seems a bit anemic on content, in my opinion. Sure, there's the 3D key chains and Mic/Crash version 2.0, but it just seems to be somewhat pedestrian. Almost NSMB-ish in some aspects. But then again, I always felt that Kirby was better when trying different things (K:EY, K:MA, K:CC) then trying to replicate Superstar's success.

watershed

Banned
For some reason a "normal" Kirby game isn't that exciting to me these days. Kirby's Epic Yarn was amazing because of how inventive it was and how fun co-op was. This looks like a by the numbers Kirby platformer.

The release seems a bit anemic on content, in my opinion. Sure, there's the 3D key chains and Mic/Crash version 2.0, but it just seems to be somewhat pedestrian. Almost NSMB-ish in some aspects. But then again, I always felt that Kirby was better when trying different things (K:EY, K:MA, K:CC) then trying to replicate Superstar's success.

I don't think you mean content, but it's a sequel to the Wii game (or, at least it's using that engine) with some interesting new features to hopefully keep it relatively fresh. The 3D nature of the platforming seems interesting enough at least.

Other option is that the team is busy with Mother 4 and needed a relatively quick Kirby game to give them money. I joke through the tears.

"But...but we already killed Jay Resop!" ;)

Admittedly I'm not too crazy about how it's replicating the look and feel of RTDL, but I'm excited to see how they'll take advantage of the background/foreground switch.

Well the "Triple Deluxe" name is reminiscent of the Japanese name of Super Star (Kirby of the Stars Super Deluxe) so I hoping it's in that vein too.
Me too, although without Sakurai at the helm we'll never see a Kirby game as amazing as Super Star again. :(

Stencil

Kirby's great because sometimes, after a long day, I just think "I want to suck everything around me."

I can't wait.

Oh wow, an NC reference? That's why I created my current online name over a decade ago.

L Thammy

I agree that it seems a uninspired. I don't completely agree with your last point, though, since Kirby hasn't been "trying to replicate Superstar's success" very often.

Superstar is less so a platformer than a fast-paced beat-em-up in spirit: you're a squishy pink wrecking machine and you tear through your enemies. When you get bored, you switch up your powers and have a new set of tools and do the same thing. Most of the other platforming games are slower-paced collectathons.

I think Amazing Mirror had the full movesets for different powers as well, but it was some weird Metroidvania thing. Return to Dreamland is the only game really aped Superstar in pace. And it refined it in some ways, so I think it was really, really good.

NeonZ

Return to Dreamland was basically Milky Way Wishes made into a full game, minus the permanent powerup system

SuperStar was more action focused than the others, and the different "gimmicks" in each game made a playthrough rather varied and fun. I do'nt get why they never really tried to follow the SuperStar formula again... The games take obvious inspiration from it in aspects like hats and sometimes basic controls, but they never really attempted to follow its structure.

Rootbeer

Banned
Ooo liking the sound of all that. TRADING via spotpass, Oooo this is going to be addicting.

Just went and re-watched the trailer. So, so good. Now that most of the 2013 3ds games are out, particularly A Link Between Worlds, it's time to start looking ahead at what 2014 will bring for the 3DS. Kirby and Smash Bros (though I'm more into the Wii U version there, but I may get both), are leading the pack as far as I'm concerned.

More info from more scans:

-One of the key chains is from Kirby Mass Attack
-Swallowing the beanstalks seen in screens and footage are what trigger the 'Big Bang' power.

There's more, but some of it's too small to read definitively.

Frolow

Banned
I'm surprised at how little info Nintendo has released. The games comes out in a little over a month and all they've shown are a trailer, a few screenshots, and now this.

L~A

More info from more scans:

-One of the key chains is from Kirby Mass Attack

There's more, but some of it's too small to read definitively.

Ah, thanks a bunch for the new info. Eplains why Kirby got two bells in his hands, if pressing the button repeatedly makes more noise.

So after last year where they tried to push the Tanooki thing, I guess this year is the Bell thing with SM3DW, Kirby, maybe even MK8?

Mr-Joker

Banned
what did japan do to deserve this?

They didn't buy Super Mario 3D World and Kirby's mad. :p

For some reason a "normal" Kirby game isn't that exciting to me these days. Kirby's Epic Yarn was amazing because of how inventive it was and how fun co-op was. This looks like a by the numbers Kirby platformer.

Funny how you say that because I skipped out Epic Yarn and brought Kirby Adventure Wii instead.

Is this a 3DS game?

No it's a Vita game.

Not being serous

So after last year where they tried to push the Tanooki thing, I guess this year is the Bell thing with SM3DW, Kirby, maybe even MK8?

I doubt it, they just push the Tanooki as it was first time it return in a Mario game after being absent.

I know Kirby has always been a young children's game, but this one seems to take the cake.

He's huge compared to the game screen..

Nintendo is using Kirby to reach the toddler gamer, methinks.

daxgame

this can't come out soon enough
so that my wife stops harassing me
"when is it coming out?"
"NO DATE YET"
"but when is it coming out?"

Top Bottom