• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kit Harington Rumored For “The Batman”?

bitbydeath

He'll have the brooding side of Batman down pretty good.

The report says Harington was one of two actors that the studio wanted mock-ups made of, the other they don’t name but is said to be “far closer to the Affleck mold than any of these other names” and they believe that person could be the front runner.

Harington himself has previously said he’d love to portray Batman, but would like it to be a bit more ‘silly’ than the “dark and serious” Batman we’ve seen in recent years.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/kit-harington-rumored-for-the-batman/

JonesTheTerrible

Neo Member
I've always felt Gabriel Macht would make a great Bruce, and even Batman. Too bad The Spirit did so badly, or he might have had a chance.

Andyliini

I thought Ben Affleck was Batman. Did he quit?

I don't think we really know for sure. There has been rumours flying one way and the other for a couple of years now (ever since BvS really). He's most likely out, though. I don't think WB is keen on keeping him after his recent troubles.

Thurible

I don't think we really know for sure. There has been rumours flying one way and the other for a couple of years now (ever since BvS really). He's most likely out, though. I don't think WB is keen on keeping him after his recent troubles.
Well that's unfortunate. Kind of reminds me of how they replaced Terrence Howard with Don Cheadle in the iron man films. I mean the character was the same, but it was very weird and very apparent that the roles changed. (Not saying Cheadle does a bad job).

I just personally don't like inconsistency. For example it bothered the heck out of me when I saw antman and they said the shrinking works by bringing your atoms closer together and then at the very end he goes SUBATOMIC. They changed the way the power works in the very same movie!

DavidGzz

I guess if Keaton was large enough, Kit will do. Maybe they can work some angles to make him appear bigger.

hecatomb

Banned
Would like DC to try other super heroes, theres like what like 7 batman movies? I rather have Flash or Swamp Thing get a new movie. At least they are making Shazam.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I guess if Keaton was large enough, Kit will do. Maybe they can work some angles to make him appear bigger.

That goes without saying even if this wasn't Batman we were talking about.

Iron Man movies made Downey look like a man even tho he is a manlet lol

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Ben Affleck was an excellent Batman, he just got stuck with two really shitty movies by a pretty shitty director.

tkscz

Ben Affleck was an excellent Batman, he just got stuck with two really shitty movies by a pretty shitty director.

Thing is, going by what we've been given, Affleck himself is choosing to leave the role. Sounds like some shit went down between him and the studio as he was directing "The Batman". Honestly I believe he portrays both Batman and Bruce Wayne so damn well and I liked him in Justice League. But WB has been dipping it's hands into the movies too often and it's showing.

Yesterday, Kit publically called out Marvel for not casting gay actors in lead roles of superhero movies. If he’s chosen to play Batman, I wonder if he’ll call out DC and publically denounce their decision to hire him.

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
I don't see it, But I was against Heath Ledger for the Joker before The Dark Knight came out so my opinion has no credibility.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I could see it.

But also count me as one that thought Batfleck was terrific (much to my surprise), he just got saddled with horrible movies and a horrible cinematic universe to appear in.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
That goes without saying even if this wasn't Batman we were talking about.

Iron Man movies made Downey look like a man even tho he is a manlet lol

Or just look at Tom Cruise in his action movies vs. real life as another example.

Kadayi

Banned
Yesterday, Kit publically called out Marvel for not casting gay actors in lead roles of superhero movies. If he’s chosen to play Batman, I wonder if he’ll call out DC and publically denounce their decision to hire him.

What? If you're acting what does it matter what you sexuality is?

Geki-D

Banned
Just hope he doesn't have to wink.
giphy.webp

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
He is going to have to wear 4-6 inch soles, lol. Then again Bane had the camera angles.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
they should get Alec Baldwin to be an old Batman. can you imagine that voice? my god...

it is funny to see the DCU implode but the movies have been so bizarre, wouldn't be hard for them to go "Oh, all of this was an alternate reality!" and reboot.

Kadayi

Banned
*Reads OP*

tenor.gif

I think he's cool as Jon Snow, but he doesn't possess anywhere the sense of physical threat that is required to sell being Batman. Yeah, Yeah I know that Tom Hardy is only 5'9" and he made a great Bane, but the differential is Tom Hardy is genuinely big and broad for his height. Same deal with a Daniel Craig or Josh Brolin (5'10" respectively. ). Those dudes all have a presence that belies their height (I think in large part it's because they all utilise good posture) I'd say they want to find someone who's 6ft or thereabouts and possesses a natural physicality to them in that mould. Harrington always seems to be hunched over in whatever he's in. Sure it's great for looking broody, but it's not great if you want to look like the biggest swinging dick in the room.

He's 5ft 7 though. One of the primary reasons for Batman being feared is because of his imposing physique. Standing at 6ft 2, 200+ pounds of muscle and a bad mood. I don't want to sound dickish commenting on Kit's height, but I can't see it working for him.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
He's 5ft 7 though. One of the primary reasons for Batman being feared is because of his imposing physique. Standing at 6ft 2, 200+ pounds of muscle and a bad mood. I don't want to sound dickish commenting on Kit's height, but I can't see it working for him.

tenor.gif

Kidding, and I agree, lol.

I even felt Christian Bale did not feel intimidating/presence, even though he was 6', he did not fill his height well as Batman, and it made him seem smaller.

6'4" Alfeck had that presence. Especially when he swoll'ed up for the role.

Last edited:

manfestival

How do we go from a batman that is supposed to know everything to be played by a person that knows nothing?

Last edited:
tenor.gif

I even felt Christian Bale did not feel intimidating/presence, even though he was 6', he did not fill his height well as Batman, and it made him seem smaller.

Would be a shame to see, Ben ousted. I think he did a great job establishing that he can be and is the character. Other than that, he hasn't been paired with good writers/directors. He needs to be given a good film and I think he can solidify his presence as The Batman.

Last edited:

Gander

Banned
Would be a shame to see, Ben ousted. I think he did a great job establishing that he can be and is the character. Other than that, he hasn't been paired with good writers/directors. He needs to be given a good film and I think he can solidify his presence as The Batman.

The fact is he never really wanted to do it but Zack Synder insisted.

Ka-Kui

tenor.gif

Agree, Affleck so deserves a solo.

Xiaoki

I thought Ben Affleck was Batman. Did he quit?
Maybe, maybe not.

This Batman film is supposed to be a prequel to the Ben Affleck Batman. Like a early days of Bruce Wayne as Batman.

Then early next year Flash movie will begin filming.

After that is Supergirl which is also a prequel.

Neither Ben Affleck nor Henry Cavill are officially out(despite all the rumors going around) but there probably wont be another present day Batman or Superman film for years.

Kenpachii

Affleck batman had way to much muscle. They forgot that batman needs to ninja stuff. It looked horrible to me and completely broke the movie.

latest

It's when you over do muscles and that's the result. Batman had to be more leaner. Also affleck acting is just not that good for roles like this.

batman-the-dark-knight-premium-format-sideshow-feature-300229.jpg

Perfection.

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
How do we go from a batman that is supposed to know everything to be played by a person that knows nothing?

giphy.webp

Affleck batman had way to much muscle. They forgot that batman needs to ninja stuff. It looked horrible to me and completely broke the movie.

I don't know. I think maybe 15 years ago Kung fu Batman might have been a thing, but in a world that's used to MMA, Batman having some bulk to him with the sense that he could fuck you up six ways to Sunday and then some in a matter of seconds isn't necessarily a bad thing. Dude is meant to be legit scary.

Last edited:

I_D

Maybe they can work some angles to make him appear bigger.

Hollywood can work its magic, but I think this is a flaw as well. Unless he bulks up a LOT, it won't be realistic to see Kit Harrington beating the crap out of a bunch of guys. That's not to say he can't do it, but he just hasn't done it yet.

I also worry about his accent. Kit's American-accent in his recent movies is decent, at best. I guess Bruce Wayne can be something other than American if they want to make it that way, but if we're sticking to canon, Kit might not be the best choice.

Hopefully I'm wrong, though. I really like Kit as an actor, and he seems like a pretty decent guy (so far).

tenor.gif

I am sure if Nolan had asked him to get bigger, he would have done it. He can play as someone who is completely anorexia(the machinist) to a junkie(the fighter) to someone who is overweight(a movie called Backseat where he plays as Dick Cheney)

Last edited:

Ka-Kui

latest

It's when you over do muscles and that's the result. Batman had to be more leaner. Also affleck acting is just not that good for roles like this.

batman-the-dark-knight-premium-format-sideshow-feature-300229.jpg

Perfection.
I think Bale's physique was better in Batman Begins, I thought he was a bit too lean in TDK.

I think with Affleck you have to bear in mind that Zack Snyder was trying to bring Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns visuals to life, and Affleck's physique nailed that. Personally though I'm not a fan either.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I am sure if Nolan had asked him to get bigger, he would have done it. He can play as someone who is completely anorexia(the machinist) to a junkie(the fighter) to someone who is overweight(a movie called Backseat where he plays as Dick Cheney)

Oh I am sure he is capable, I was just not a fan of the look they went with, more so with TDKR.

Top Bottom