• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kit Harington Rumored For “The Batman”?

DavidGzz

The manmores in here may laugh but the fact that some smaller actors can play these huge roles makes me feel good lol. At 5'9" or approx 175 centimeters for friends across the pond, I feel short sometimes. I'm 180 pounds of beef though so I pull it off well.

Azurro

Banned
He's 5ft 7 though. One of the primary reasons for Batman being feared is because of his imposing physique. Standing at 6ft 2, 200+ pounds of muscle and a bad mood. I don't want to sound dickish commenting on Kit's height, but I can't see it working for him.

He's not THAT short, he's 1.73 m, so that makes him a bit over 5 ft 8. With some platform shoes and camera angles, he'd be fine. The problem is more that he's never had an imposing look or personality, he always looks like he's about to cry, so, I'm not sure if he can pull off the actual persona of Batman.

Kadayi

Banned
I think Bale's physique was better in Batman Begins, I thought he was a bit too lean in TDK.

Yeah, I think BB Bale was about the right size. It still blows my mind that Bale went from starvation thin with the machinist to Man mountain in BB. Honestly getting as thin as he did for the machinist was insane, especially given the final film was a mess.

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
He's not THAT short, he's 1.73 m, so that makes him a bit over 5 ft 8. With some platform shoes and camera angles, he'd be fine. The problem is more that he's never had an imposing look or personality, he always looks like he's about to cry, so, I'm not sure if he can pull off the actual persona of Batman.

Plus it puts serious limitations on crowd shots etc. Last season of GOT the scene where he first met Dany in the throne room his lack of height was super obvious compared to Davos and Her Dothraki guards.

I for one don't want another batman film where all we see is dudes punching each other with quick cuts versus some extended fight scenes ala John Wick where we see Batman demonstrate just how formidable he is at kicking the shit out of people.

Affleck was Fatman tbf.

Jon Snow would be a poor choice, but anyone other than Affleck would be an improvement at this stage.

JCK75

He's so short he'd be a terrible Batman, Robin I guess....
Like seriously, he's a TINY little man.

Last edited:

BANGS

Banned
How hard is it to find a tall, in shape white dude with black hair that can act? I mean, that's really all there is too it... and the hair can be faked...

Krixeus

Just hope he doesn't have to wink.
giphy.webp
"You think I'm the Batman? Mild mannered billionaire playboy Bruce Wayne wearing a giant bat suit to beat up criminals at night? That's absurd!"

giphy.webp

Last edited:
He's so short he'd be a terrible Batman, Robin I guess....
Like seriously, he's a TINY little man.
Hey,we didn't choose to be short :messenger_angry:

edit: Wait a minute, he ain't that tiny either.Just average height. I guess it's just me then :messenger_loudly_crying:

Last edited:

Kenpachii

161481878.jpg

Just doesn't seem right for Batman to me.

Right one always struck me as insanely big. However is the cast of game of thrones just made up of hobbits? she's only 1.91m. I am 1.97 and frankly that's not even that big in my country.

Gander

Banned
I think we have an obvious solution in front of us but are we willing to accept Gerard Butler as Batman? If so, he is a perfect fit. He has the build, the ruggedness and the acting chops. It will play well against Cavill's clean cut Superman.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Height never mattered much in Hollywood I just don’t want Bale 2.0

He’d be alright!

#Phonepunk#

Banned
height especially doesn't matter for Batman cos he should be lurking above criminals from the shadows rather than standing next to them.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I think we have an obvious solution in front of us but are we willing to accept Gerard Butler as Batman? If so, he is a perfect fit. He has the build, the ruggedness and the acting chops. It will play well against Cavill's clean cut Superman.
Interesting, but I can’t picture him as Batman. Something about his face.

JimiNutz

Banned

Butler is maybe a bit too old (nearly 50) now and to be honest, as much as I enjoy him in stupid action movies, he isn't really a very good actor.

This time for Batman they should go for someone less well known and someone in their 30s or maybe very early 40s at a max.

WaterAstro

But Cavill is gone.

Butler is maybe a bit too old (nearly 50) now and to be honest, as much as I enjoy him in stupid action movies, he isn't really a very good actor.

This time for Batman they should go for someone less well known and someone in their 30s or maybe very early 40s at a max.
Screw it. Just bring back Michael Keaton!

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Right one always struck me as insanely big. However is the cast of game of thrones just made up of hobbits? she's only 1.91m. I am 1.97 and frankly that's not even that big in my country.
Uh, unless you live in a neighbourhood of NBA players, theres no place in the world where 6 foot 6 is not considered "big". The Netherlands is the tallest country in the world, and the average height is only 6 foot.

Last edited:

Akuza89

He's a good actor, the whole DCEU is messed up, they just paid the actors what they wanted per film instead of signing them to a multifilm contract like marvel do.

Besides that, can't they just CGI him taller? They used CGI on a moustache for God's sake.

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

Man, Affleck could have been good if the DCEU wasn't hot garbage. Dude got swole and could have done a brawling Batman well. His bat suit alone apparently weighed 75 pounds.

It'll be jarring going right from 6'4" 225 to a smaller guy.

Last edited:

xandaca

161481878.jpg

Just doesn't seem right for Batman to me.

According to Google, Sophie Turner is about 5'9 and she's wearing heels. Gwendoline Christie is 6'3 and is wearing heels. Of course a guy who's 5'8 is going to look small next to them. Someone 6'0 tall would probably only just be as tall as Sophie Turner in that photo. Kit Harrington would be a terrible choice for Batman, but using that photo as a frame of reference for his height is ridiculous.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
According to Google, Sophie Turner is about 5'9 and she's wearing heels. Gwendoline Christie is 6'3 and is wearing heels. Of course a guy who's 5'8 is going to look small next to them. Someone 6'0 tall would probably only just be as tall as Sophie Turner in that photo. Kit Harrington would be a terrible choice for Batman, but using that photo as a frame of reference for his height is ridiculous.

They (both ladies) also bent one knee to lower their height so they did not make it look that bad, lol.

Top Bottom