• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

kizuna (Wii) screens

king zell

kizuna01.jpg

kizuna02.jpg

kizuna04.jpg

kizuna06.jpg

kizuna05.jpg

kizuna07.jpg

kizuna03.jpg

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
The pencil filter is a nice touch.
I'd like to see a video of this.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What the fuck?

Looks amazing...

Threi

notag
woah.

What the hell is it with the Wii and promising-looking RPGs from non-traditional developers all of a sudden?

Salmon said:
OMG OMG OMG! SotC meets Okami!!! What is this? I need more!! Developer? I need a video of this right now.

I never thought of it that way, but it is pretty reminiscent of Okami's shading...

Salmon said:
Oh don't google picture it! It can't be unseen :lol

QFT

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

lordmrw

Threi said:
woah.

What the hell is it with the Wii and promising-looking RPGs from non-traditional developers all of a sudden?

The little guys are the ones that are stepping up and filling the gap that you would assume Square Enix would have jumped on.

Fuzz Rez

Banned
I have mixed feelings about the art style, I just can't decide if it looks good or bad :lol Well I hope the game will be good, Wii really needs more good 3rd party games.

poking cow

Neo Member
Scrubking said:
Please stop making the stupid SOTC comments. It wasn't the first game with large monsters and it won't be the last.

i don't mind the SOTC comments at all. SOTC was an awesome game, its more of a compliment than anything =)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
For a new etablished company like Jaleco impressive first effort on wii - hope we`ll see it soon in motion. Hope at TGS we`ll see more wii announcments like this :)

Yoshichan

Danielsan said:
Exactly, it's uncanny.
Though that's a GOOD thing IMO! People should get inspired by it.

soultron

Banned
Looks really good.

Here's to all of the overprotective Team ICO fanfucks: suck it down. This game looks great and is looking like it proudly pays homage to one of the best PS2 games. So lighten up.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Threi said:
woah.

the traditional developers are sitting on their hands being dumbasses.

xintin

Scrubking said:
Please stop making the stupid SOTC comments. It wasn't the first game with large monsters and it won't be the last.
no, it wasnt the first. but it was the best, and it's natural to compare something similar to what is known~

that said.
do want now >:eek:

+ neat logo :

kizuna08.jpg

And in case anyone missed the other thread :

Tenbatsu said:
Ohgon no Kizuna
Action RPG
Jaleco/Winter 2008
- Main Character name is Rian
- There's a king call Gelade and a princess call Ayna
- Game's graphic will have a pencil effect to them
- More than 100 quests
- Accumulated gauge techniques can be used.
- Huge bosses, find the weak point by pointing the Wii remote on screen (Shadow of the Colossus?)
- Scenario: Miwa Shouda (FFXII, Saga Frontier, Little King's Story)
- Director/Programmer: Youichi Kawaguchi (DQVIII, Little King's Story)

Looks and sounds nice so far. How about a trailer now ?

Dever

Banned
Can't really say it looks great because it reminds of SotC too much, a last-gen game that looks much better. One of the better looking Wii games though I suppose. Hopefully it's great.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
soultron said:
Looks really good.

Here's to all of the overprotective Team ICO fanfucks: suck it down. This game looks great and is looking like it proudly pays homage to one of the best PS2 games. So lighten up.
meh, i wouldn't even think it was paying that much homage to SotC. it's looking like there's a party system and other creatures besides the bosses. it just so happens that this one is large and furry like another SotC boss. the scale of the bosses is simply in place to exaggerate the scale of the game, much like in SotC, but in this case, it has to do with an entire fantastical world that includes a possible party system. games with big bosses =! inspired by SotC, though i will admit that the method of fighting this boss does indeed seem like it WAS inspired by such a game.

Dever said:
Can't really say it looks great because it reminds of SotC too much, a last-gen game that looks much better. One of the better looking Wii games though I suppose. Hopefully it's great.

True... a lot to live up to taking inspiration from SOTC.
Looks good no doubt.

Top Bottom