• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

kizuna (Wii) screens

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
ShockingAlberto said:
kizuna04.jpg

?????

oh noes
Hard to find screens of the shadow enemies in ICO, sorry.

cw_sasuke said:
For a new etablished company like Jaleco impressive first effort on wii - hope we`ll see it soon in motion. Hope at TGS we`ll see more wii announcments like this :)
A. Not Jaleco's first Wii game, they've done a big-rig trucking RPG/custom art game of some sort. It looked pretty shite.

B. They outsourced the development of this. The Jaleco dudes are only publishing.

C. Jaleco has been around for years and years and years. They've just been small-time for the last several (cell-phone games for the JPN market and the occasional Pimp my 18-Wheeler game).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Case said:
is being inspired by SotC supposed to be a bad thing?
No, but not reading the thread is.

Danielsan

Case said:
is being inspired by SotC supposed to be a bad thing?
No it's not AT ALL!
Wii defense force needs to chill the fuck out. Reminds me of SotC is the greatest compliment you can get.

Weird. Looks like SotC but info says otherwise. Graphically it doesn't look like anything special (other than the pencil effect), looks like poor man SotC. But doesn't seem to play like SotC at all. Would be interesting to see it in motion, the paper effect specially might shine more in motion.

Yoshichan

Danielsan said:
No it's not AT ALL!
Wii defense force needs to chill the fuck out. Reminds me of SotC is the greatest compliment you can get.
Ho, ho, ho. I guess they only had a Gamecube last gen.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
HyperZone<3 said:
A. Not Jaleco's first Wii game, they've done a big-rig trucking RPG/custom art game of some sort. It looked pretty shite.

B. They outsourced the development of this. The Jaleco dudes are only publishing.

yeah,but still the point stands for that kind of publisher it`s an impressing game.

i`m hyped...still suck that they wont be at tgs...

wsippel

Banned
HyperZone<3 said:

C. Jaleco has been around for years and years and years. They've just been small-time for the last several (cell-phone games for the JPN market and the occasional Pimp my 18-Wheeler game).
I thought this was their first big inhouse game since the company was founded in 2006. If it's not inhouse, who's developing this?

By the way, this Jaleco isn't really the same company you remember from the NES/ SNES days. The old Jaleco was acquired a few years ago by the Chinese company PCCW.

Danielsan

Case said:
i hate when people dont read the thread :eek:

i dont recall defending anything. I just asked a simple question :/
I don't mean you. There are certain people in this thread bitching about the mentioning of SotC.

Yoshichan

Case said:

i dont recall defending anything. I just asked a simple question :/
Nice, now quote someone else please.

Oh, one person's all you got? lawl, expected from you.

Dever

Banned
Case said:

What am I supposed to read? Yes it has smaller enemies as well, 100+ quests etc. I was just saying that it's not graphically impressive to me since the look is so similiar to that of SotC, but worse.

Yoshichan

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
FUCK YES.

WII'S VERY OWN VALKYRIE CHRONICLES.

ALL OVER MY FACE.

Blizzard

Banned
I suppose nearly everyone's loving this so I'll be the minority, but. Does anyone else think the weird cross-hatch/pencil/whatever that is style is annoying? Looks like constant rain or something to me and makes the pictures not pretty.

...though actually, I looked at okami screenshots just now, and I guess they had a similar weird bumpy texture thing going on. I never played okami, though.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Blizzard said:
I suppose nearly everyone's loving this so I'll be the minority, but. Does anyone else think the weird cross-hatch/pencil/whatever that is style is annoying? Looks like constant rain or something to me and makes the pictures not pretty.

...though actually, I looked at okami screenshots just now, and I guess they had a similar weird bumpy texture thing going on. I never played okami, though.
I think that's the whole point behind the art direction of this game. Though they'll have to work extra hard to ensure the enviroment and its elements are easy to discern.

Cult Hero

Blizzard said:
I suppose nearly everyone's loving this so I'll be the minority, but. Does anyone else think the weird cross-hatch/pencil/whatever that is style is annoying?
I would need to see it in motion to know.
I like the concept and the art style, I hope gameplay doesn't suck.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
looks interesting. this is what wii devs should be doing; focusing on style.

darkvir

Looks great, using great art style can let the Wii compete with the 360/PS3. Madworld looks fantastic as well.

This was the type of thing I was hoping would happen with the Wii, smaller dev houses that can make cheaper, stylized games that don't cost 8 figures.

birdchili

pointing at strategic locations and wailing on buttons for targeted bludgeoning sounds strangely satisfying.

monsters and general style look great.

Yay for Scans!

And after someone posted the back-to-back scans, comparing it to SoTC. . . I have to say that I don't see whats soo "alike" between them other than having huge bosses.

In this game it seems like there might be a party of characters (That man with a sword, TomBoy princess and that lady in the dress), lots of people to make "bonds" with/ do missions for and so on.

The art style also reminds me of OKM mixed with that Sega game.

Not saying it's "bad" or w/e that people are yelling SoTC. . .Im just saying that I don't see why huge bosses warrent it when I see soo many differences.

Wow this is going onto the radar. Owned my Wii since launch, and despite owning the likes of Excite Truck, Galaxy, Metroid, Paper Mario I have only played it twice. Maybe this can get me to finally fire it up.

bdouble

Black-Wind said:
And after someone posted the back-to-back scans, comparing it to SoTC. . . I have to say that I don't see whats soo "alike" between them other than having huge bosses.

Not saying it's "bad" or w/e that people are yelling SoTC. . .Im just saying that I don't see why huge bosses warrent it when I see soo many differences.

Yeah I don't get it either. Just putting the game down as a SotC ripoff/poor version/whatever doesn't make much sense to me. Climbing on the bosses from what it sounds like is where the similarity end.

Not like Wander is the most unique sword wielding young adult protagonist ever.

I'll be happy if its a solid ARPG that uses elements from SoTC boss battles because more games need to add more of a puzzle aspect to their battles.

edit: 2 names in the game and I mixed them up meh...

Top Bottom