• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

kizuna (Wii) screens

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I'm much more interested in the controls- I think using the pointer could work out very well.

batbeg

bdouble said:
Yeah I don't get it either. Just putting the game down as a SotC ripoff/poor version/whatever doesn't make much sense to me. Climbing on the bosses from what it sounds like is where the similarity end.

Not like Agro is the most unique sword wielding young adult protagonist ever.

I'll be happy if its a solid ARPG that uses elements from SoTC boss battles because more games need to add more of a puzzle aspect to their battles.

Wanda/Wander.

But yeah... this thread went to shit :-\

I maintain what I said: looks fucking awesome. Good graphics, good art, good... gameplay...? We can only hope!

wrowa

Anasui Kishibe said:
I dig it, I just love massive monsters.
Early in development I assume? When will it be out?
Not really. They want to release the game in "winter 08". Not much time left.

Twig

Banned
Hero of legend said:
It's perfect!

SE has ignored the market on the Wii, so without the cat, the mice come out to play.
Bu bu bu Crystal Bearers!

Those screenshots are incredibly enticing. Want video. Now.

I'm not feeling the filter they're using. Hope it turns out aces, Wii could use a bit of a boost.

2009 has the potential to be a stellar year though, provided half of the japanese games get released here.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Haunted said:
wait, what? bullshit. It's literally just been announced.

What's bullshit? It says "Winter 08" right in the Famitsu article.

2DMention

Banned
KizunaEncounterSTB_ARC_SNK_205_75e00.PNG

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Gagaman said:
valkyria-chronicles-20080411040200013_640w.jpg

Looks like Sega are graphic style trend setters once again. =)

Yeah, but this kind of art looks good on any console.

I hope it gets ripped off long after Valkyria is released,
but it wont likely happen since Valkyria will be a huge bomb in the USA

2008? FUUCK

Amir0x said:
I think you spelled this wrong? I'm not familiar with this word in its current form.

as of Sybilline oracles. The sybil was an ancient Greek prophetess, her predictions were open to interpretation. Just like your comment :p

Haunted

I think you can see the low-polyness of the enemy models through the pencil effect. At this point, I think the shots of the big, climbable bosses are that much more promising than the ones with the smaller enemies.

Loving the concept art on the site, btw.

flintstryker said:
btw a bit offtopic but wasn't your username Haunted One?
That is correct.

wrowa said:
Well, like Wario Land Wii and Captain Rainbow have just been announced?;)
It's really true. According to the Famitsu article they want to release Kizuna this year.

According to Famitsu news, it's planned for a winter release, which mean not necessarily "this year", but also January or February 2009 (which would be better imo, a December release would kill sales)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Really wish there were more "Massive Monster" type games. Love the style, can't wait, and need video fast.

Anasui Kishibe said:
as of Sybilline oracles. The sybil was an ancient Greek prophetess, her predictions were open to interpretation. Just like your comment :p

I don't think Amir0x's initial remark that you quoted is ambiguous and thus open to interpretation.

I think this thread should be merged with the original thread.

Simply due to that one being bigger and the OP could've been made in it.

Plus the initial info, plus the entire website artowork has been posted in it already!

Can a mod merge the threads please, and make the original one the dominant thread?

wrowa

Moor-Angol said:
According to Famitsu news, it's planned for a winter release, which mean not necessarily "this year", but also January or February 2009 (which would be better imo, a December release would kill sales)
Is that so? I can't speak (or read ;)) japanese, so I don't know anything besides that summary of the article which says "winter 08" :)

Amir0x

Banned
Anasui Kishibe said:

Ah, I thought you were on that track... but you did spell it wrong, it's 'Sibylline'.

My comments for the sake of clarity just meant... the screens aren't so hot (to use a hyperbolic art analogy... it's like a cut-rate painting dealer trying to forge a Rembrandt or something. It's clearly trying to be inspired by SotC, but its awkward use of color and inappropriate looking sketch effect is just unappealing to me. Don't want to judge further without inspection of the concept, but that's the initial impression).

I think it's more obvious why it's yikes at Jaleco. It's so obvious that I'm mystified why already they are giving a mini-free pass. I don't even think they've put out anything relevant in like a decade!

i love the art style. It looks fantasic! :D

It reminds me of SotC alot. Ahhh, it brings me back to good ol' memories. Now, i'm itching to replay SotC again.

Wurm

Banned
Maybe the gameplay will be top-knotch or something, but this game's visuals look offensively bad to me. Like early PS2 level bad. The awful looking white fur on that giant, the absolutely atrocious design of it..

Olaeh

This does look nice, but I wish we could see it in motion. Its gotta be a TGS if its a winter 08 release.

Top Bottom