• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

kizuna (Wii) screens

wsippel

Banned
Stormbringer said:
Anyway, one rather notable thing this page tells us is that the game is apparently being developed, or at least co-developed, by Town Factory (Little King's Story,...) seeing as that's their logo, next to the Jaleco one. I guess many suspected that, given the involvement of some key LKS staff, but this confirmation is welcome.
townfactory only has 19 employees according to their website, and they are working on at least two rather big projects. They are similar to Mistwalker, even though they actually have a few coders and 3D artists inhouse. There's definitely another, bigger studio involved, doing the grunt work.

wsippel said:
townfactory only has 19 employees according to their website, and are working on at least two rather big projects. They are similar to Mistwalker,even though they actually have a few coders and 3D artists inhouse. There's definitely another, bigger studio involved, doing the grunt work.
Yep, that's what I'm suspecting as well. I'm actually wondering if it could be Jaleco's own internal development structures...

duckroll

wsippel said:
townfactory only has 19 employees according to their website, and they are working on at least two rather big projects. They are similar to Mistwalker, even though they actually have a few coders and 3D artists inhouse. There's definitely another, bigger studio involved, doing the grunt work.

Town Factory isn't the only developer working on LKS though, Cing is working on it too. That should account for LKS' development staff. It remains to be seen what other studio is working on Kizuna though.

wsippel

Banned
duckroll said:
Town Factory isn't the only developer working on LKS though, Cing is working on it too. That should account for LKS' development staff. It remains to be seen what other studio is working on Kizuna though.
I never said they were the only developer working on LKS. They're not even a developer per se, they are a planning company (as stated on their website, by the way). That's why I compared them to Mistwalker.

Dascu

Tenbatsu said:
Seems like this week issue of Famitsu will be interesting. 7th Dragon, this and maybe some new announcement.
Marvelous is kicking off their pre-TGS hype this week too, no? We should get some Arc Rise Fantasia and maybe some OMY scans.

duckroll

wsippel said:
I never said they were the only developer working on LKS. They're not even a developer per se, they are a planning company (as stated on their website, by the way). That's why I compared them to Mistwalker.

I don't really think it's a good comparison at all. Mistwalker does planning, but they have NO development staff. Zero. Zilch. Town Factory -is- a developer, and the guy directing Kizuna is also a programmer. Just because they're a small developer doesn't mean they're not a developer.

Edit: Also, the site is FUCKING OLD. It was last updated sometime in June 2007. I won't be surprised if they have much more than 19 staff now.

eve241

duckroll said:
I don't really think it's a good comparison at all. Mistwalker does planning, but they have NO development staff. Zero. Zilch. Town Factory -is- a developer, and the guy directing Kizuna is also a programmer. Just because they're a small developer doesn't mean they're not a developer.

Edit: Also, the site is FUCKING OLD. It was last updated sometime in June 2007. I won't be surprised if they have much more than 19 staff now.

Who developed Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon then?

TunaLover

I overlayed the new screen of Ryan height with the old monster screen, to have an aproximation on the real monster size.

kizuna-tamao-monstruopsd.jpg

There you have, the average of the biggest monsters is about 19,58m. That is 11 times of Ryan height.

ASIS

sorry but the first thing that came to mind was "finally a SOTC rip off!!"

it's not a bad thing but i don't know, what made SOTC so good was not the big monsters, it was the overall atmosphere, and this seems to lack it :(

keeping an eye on it, but not going to go all gaga over it.

I'm really diggin the character art. Anyone know what the prologue mentions on the site? I can't even put stuff into a translator because of how small the kanji are :(

TunaLover

Nintendo-4Life said:

it's not a bad thing but i don't know, what made SOTC so good was not the big monsters, it was the overall atmosphere, and this seems to lack it :(

Have you heard the soundtrack pieces that Stormbringer posted sometime ago? And the character artwork could not be planet shattering, but is pretty solid IMO, in fact you should see actual gameplay pictures, they look much better than the draws.

windfish said:
phew! i was a bit worried while entering this thread but this is good news! Iam glad it's still alive! :]

Ditto! :) But I was already convinced that it was still alive as the website was still updating even on the same day as the announcement of Jaleco going kaput.

By the way, no one has ripped the music from the website since it got its facelift. How do you do that anyway?

Nintendo-4Life said:

It's not SOTC, stop comparing it to that game. The only reason you're dissapointed is that it lacked something SOTC had, when it's NOTHING like SOTC

CrisKre

Im very interested in this. I will keep an eye of it, but i agree, a video needs to surface to actually get excited. The aesthetics seem to be pleasing. If it turns out well im hoping Xseed brings it here.

I'm looking forward to this; seeing the XSEED thing made me have a little hope, too :D

By the way, do we know who the composer is?

Thank God. Though does this mean that there won't be a sequel? I mean I assume the game is still in production due to it being so far in already, thus crossing the point of no return.

Zoramon089 said:
It's not SOTC, stop comparing it to that game. The only reason you're dissapointed is that it lacked something SOTC had, when it's NOTHING like SOTC

I'm worried that we're going to have another Odin Sphere, Etrian Odyssey, or Contact where people think the game is going to be something that it isn't then hate on it for flaws for not containing things that it shouldn't have to begin with.

ninj4junpei said:
Wait, it will be coming out within the next few months and there still no video footage? That doesn't bode well. >_>
Lets think positive...maybe its being delayed due to more work being put into it. Maybe the continuing success of the wii has allowed them to receive a boost in the ole budget :D

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
TunaLover said:
I overlayed the new screen of Ryan height with the old monster screen, to have an aproximation on the real monster size.

kizuna-tamao-monstruopsd.jpg

There you have, the average of the biggest monsters is about 19,58m. That is 11 times of Ryan height.
damn, that is BIG. a note though. the name isn't Ryan, it's more likely Lian or Liam (pronounced similarly from the pronunciation "Rian"). Ryan would be spelled something like ライアン in Katakana. considering the setting, i'm inclined to say it might be Liam, but Lian could be just as likely. i actually knew a Japanese man with that name.

TreIII

C.T. said:
Isn't this fucking expensive for a wii game in japan? Thought and seen only games for 65xx Yen. Hope it sells well.

It's above average, but no more expensive than something like Monster Hunter Tri will probably go for.

The question will be more if it can get away with asking for such a price, knowing full well that something like this is NOT going to be as highly wanted as Tri...I hope for the best...

D-Pad

That trailer was indeed small. For some reason the first part of the video -- when the boy runs up and the camera zooms in to his face -- has a very "Legend of Zelda" vibe to it.

Top Bottom