• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Knack 2 FREE on New Zealand PSN

I'm often surprised on here that so many people aren't aware of the + & . gmail options. I do wish that more people used these options to improve the security of account access.

What I've actually done is to set up more than one email account which I set up with a randomly generated dicewear address, such as.

I'd also recommend not simply using things like...
Code:
iberian.puritan.beheld.nelson+playstation@gmail.com
iberian.puritan.beheld.nelson+xbox@gmail.com
iberian.puritan.beheld.nelson+neogaf@gmail.com

Because if your email address is included in a data breach somewhere it makes it easier for people try brute forcing your login deta.ls for other sites. It's still more complicated than just using a simple gmail address but I do like to make it as difficult as possible for people.

If you don't want to make it too complex then you can do something like this. This sort of thing is pretty good if you're having to type the email address often.
Code:
iberian.puritan.beheld.nelson+31.xBOx.26.aCC0nT.1@gmail.com

If you really want to complicate it for others then it's best to completely randomise it so you end up with something like.
Code:
iberian.puritan.beheld.nelson+y6Urq34VFtUt78XgvE@gmail.com

Obviously, people really should be using a password generator anyway. There are many out there that people would recommend, the one I use is probably obvious from my avatar. I'm not going to name it though as it's going to look like I work for them or something, which I don't.
I know this works on PSN but does it work on XBL? It's been months since I checked it but the last time I tried to add a '+xyz' to my email the MS account system didn't allow it.

13ruce

Banned
I don't think they will revoke Knack 2 anymore, dunno how fast Microsoft did it in their store when simular situations happened but i am sure if Sony wanted to revoke all licenses they would have done it already.

And anyone who got it can still redownload/download the game, you would think that would be the first option/thing to remove.

Probably PSN infrastructure issues being the reason why they won't do it.

Harmen

Maybe the scale on which free licenses were obtained was relatively small, so letting people keep it is the cheaper/easier option. Don't know how easy the process is for Sony to revoke a license.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Maybe the scale on which free licenses were obtained was relatively small, so letting people keep it is the cheaper/easier option. Don't know how easy the process is for Sony to revoke a license.
Pretty easy. They revoked fallout 4 very quickly when that was free for a day, and same with FFXV. Knack is probably such small fry that they don't care, plus it's an internal game by Cerny so they don't mind giving it away for free. If those who got it for free even convince one person to buy it that's a positive.

Have to admit I had no interest in the game but I downloaded it for free anyway, and have been having a lot of fun! Makes me want to go pick up a copy of the original.

JP

I know this works on PSN but does it work on XBL? It's been months since I checked it but the last time I tried to add a '+xyz' to my email the MS account system didn't allow it.
I'm sorry, I've only just seen this reply.

In all honesty, I don't know. I know I mentioned xbox but I wasn't specifically talking about that, I was just using examples that would be popular on here. Maybe somebody else can answer your question though.

Kouriozan

So anyone's game got revoked yet?

Finally done downloading it today (took a longass time), and my brother could launch it and play a bit, so not yet. After 10 min he stopped playing saying he didn't like, watching him I found the game pretty mediocre so at least I didn't waste money.
Claimed it at midnight on the French PSN for info.

MUnited83

For you.
Pretty easy. They revoked fallout 4 very quickly when that was free for a day, and same with FFXV. Knack is probably such small fry that they don't care, plus it's an internal game by Cerny so they don't mind giving it away for free. If those who got it for free even convince one person to buy it that's a positive.

I think they don't give much of a shit because it's their own game. In Fallout 4's case, they would have to pay Bethesda for every copy aqquired.

I finished the game and got 70% of trophies. I think the game is
A MASTAPEECE
pretty good and I'd totally buy a third KNACK game. I will recommend this game to everyone I can.

Top Bottom