• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Knack II in development for PS4, according to animator's résumé

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHG

Gold Member
I enjoyed knack.

I'm happy with this. Screw you haters.

I also wanted a sequel to Kameo last gen on the 360 so maybe I just like bad games?

XhGygHo.gif

yikes

Awesome! The first one was a real solid co-op game. I hope this one is expanded with bigger, more open levels and more platforming.

Raist

Banned
That's what LittleBigPlanet and Ratchet is for

What's Knack's demographic? GAF stans?

Neither of these are the same. Knack is a lot more like Crash.
And the demographic is: something that anyone from kids to grown up VG vets can enjoy.

Yesssss!! Knack 2 plat incoming. I expect maximum salt of "who asked for this"(because people can't accept others like things) and knack memes bring em on!

jonno394

Hopefully they improve the game dramatically. I was bored and felt i'd seen everything with regards to gameplay by the fourth chapter.

E32016:

Sony ends their conference with a teaser: the audience sees a island, then a familiar mask, and some familiar fruit....

Then the camera pans to Knack.

Knack N Crash: out winter 2016

*micdrop*

GHG

Gold Member
A lot of people like bad games yeah.

(I also want a Kameo sequel)

These types of games are so rare (excuse the pun) these days so it's somewhat refreshing to play them.

A nice change of pace compared to the plethora of adult themed AAA games that we are bombarded with these days.

Year of Dreams II : The Knackening
And I can understand why people are hating, but launch games are launch games. They always suck.

Knack has potential to be a big franchise for kids.

Hopefully they do a better job with gameplay mechanics this time baed on gamers feedback to be challenging and fun instead of very simple combat. Seems like it sold very well to warrant a sequel, because after all its been directed by PS4 creator so he can do whatever he wants :)

Warxard

Banned
Neither of these are the same. Knack is a lot more like Crash.
And the demographic is: something that anyone from kids to grown up VG vets can enjoy.

So...Ratchet and Clank

And you're fucking delusional if you believe Knack plays anything like Crash lmao

These types of games are so rare (excuse the pun) these days so it's somewhat refreshing to play them.

A nice change of pace compared to the plethora of adult themed AAA games that we are bombarded with these days.

I can name ten games right now that does the same thing what Knack fails in accomplishing but like

Better

Knack isn't a good game. No need to force yourself to eat it u

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I liked how Knack played and liked the look of the game a lot. There was great potential in a more dynamic use of a character that grew and shrank depending on damage input/output, created of physics objects.

A sequel would need to greatly expand on the basic premise, obviously, but there's potential there.

Raist

Banned
So...Ratchet and Clank

And you're fucking delusional if you believe Knack plays anything like Crash lmao

What's wrong in having 2 IPs in the same genre / target anyway?
And no, Knack is absolutely nothing like R&C, in terms of gameplay or level design, etc. They're both "platformers lite" but that's bout it.

And yes, it's very much meant to be "Crash-like". Unless you'd want to not believe the guy who actually worked on both of these IPs. The parallels are fairly obvious.

Trago

Knack's level design is like classic Crash, but combat is similar to Crash of The Titans/Mind Over Mutant.

At least give us some new shit to do in different levels.

I'm really interested to know how they'll handle this game. Studio Japan, don't fuck this up please!

So...Ratchet and Clank

I can name ten games right now that does the same thing what Knack fails in accomplishing but like

Better

Knack isn't a good game. No need to force yourself to eat it u

You do understand that Knack 2 could be very different from Knack right? I.e. better

Most people agree that Knack is bad.

Warxard

Banned
What's wrong in having 2 IPs in the same genre / target anyway?
And no, Knack is absolutely nothing like R&C, in terms of gameplay or level design, etc. They're both "platformers lite" but that's bout it.

I meant a game that targets the demographic you listed, which is literally Ratchet and Clank.

I'm impressed you compared Knack to a dedicated 3D Platformer like Crash Bandicoot then immediately went on the record to call Knack a 'lite platformer' . Well done man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom