• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Koei Tecmo confirms they are starting NX development, no specific games confirmed yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 26, 2006
goldmetalsonic.wordpress.com
KOEI TECMO confirm that they are starting development on Nintendo's new console codenamed "NX". No project announced just yet.
https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/725586594711916544

Update: ZhugeEX clarified:

Basically they've confirmed that NX is one of the platforms they are now developing for (No idea when they actually started)
https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/725592777304756225

###

From none other than our big KT fan. :p

So at least they have NX kits now it would seem.

zulux21

Oct 24, 2011
while I would love for it to be a new hyrule warriors game.
in general it seems like Koei has a dynasty or samurai warriors game ready for launch of most systems (I think for the wiiu it was warriors orochi 3, while 3ds was samurai warriors, vita was dynasty warriors.)

eXistor

Feb 22, 2006
Hell's Ditch
I hope to god this is an actual sequel to Hyrule Warriors and not another remaster. Or an actually good Fatal Frame game, we haven't had one of those in years.

Semajer

Jan 15, 2013
I hope we keep getting Fatal Frames. The things I'd do for a HD port of the first three.

Pokemaniac

Mar 20, 2015
A port of Hyrule Warriors legends (or a new Warriors crossover, I'm not too picky) would be nice.

Eolz

Jun 1, 2014
Hold the phone!

Does this indeed mean the rumors of the NDA lifting are true? Can 3rd-parties finally talk?! :O
No, it's just that since it's finally announced, third parties won't have to backpedal everytime they talk about ir.
TGS should be really interesting.

On this topic apart from HW2 and the usual Warriors port at the time, I'm thinking about DOA6.

Vena

Sep 2, 2014
... Makes me think hardware production really was the delay source. Specs have to be effectively nailed down and lots are out there if word is starting to come out.

Jul 29, 2013
Hyrule Warriors was a fine game, had my share of fun with the game and the DLC. If they want to continue the series, i'm in for a sequel, but i kinda don't want a port of the first game again after Legends.

... Who am i kidding, of course it's probably going to be a Remaster with all DLC for launch window before there could be a sequel, it's Koei Tecmo after all, masters of porting.

Starting development..?
It's Koei Tecmo, they could start a month before console release and still have something ready for launch day. ^^

SatoAilDarko

Mar 3, 2013
Last Fatal Frame was in 2014 and that was just two and a half years after the Wii remake of 2.

Could definitely see them having another one in 2017.

Guymelef

Sep 19, 2007
Spain
KT's Akihiro Suzuki was who said years ago that Wii U Cpu was worse than PS3/X360, hope they talk again about specs.

crinale

Sep 25, 2008
KOEI's CEO kept mentioning NX from quite a while ago it's no surprise. And that really made me thing NX is coming out this year but I got trolled :(

LewieP

Jan 30, 2015
Is Nioh fully PS4 exclusive or only timed exclusive? I seem to recall thinking there was scope at least for a PC version when it was first announced.

Golnei

May 12, 2014
On this topic apart from HW2 and the usual Warriors port at the time, I'm thinking about DOA6.
Fire Emblem Xtreme Volleyball Featuring Agitha from the Legend of Zelda Series is the only logical outcome.

Rubixcuba

Banned
Feb 18, 2009
Hmm, does this mean that 3rd parties can now openly declare they have games in development for NX?

Could a third party say "This game is coming to PS4, Xbox One and the to be released NX" at E3?

Oregano

Mar 13, 2013
If a company as close as KT is only just starting development it's no wonder the release was delayed.

Cow Mengde

Banned
Dec 26, 2007
Hey Koei, remember when you used to make Strategy games? Remember those good old days? Maybe it's time for Uncharted Waters 5? How about another Genghis Khan game? A little Gemfire maybe? Oh shit, what about a NEW strategy IP?! No? Ok...

Status
Not open for further replies.