• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koei Tecmo confirms they are starting NX development, no specific games confirmed yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
KOEI TECMO confirm that they are starting development on Nintendo's new console codenamed "NX". No project announced just yet.

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/725586594711916544

Update: ZhugeEX clarified:

Basically they've confirmed that NX is one of the platforms they are now developing for (No idea when they actually started)

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/725592777304756225

###

From none other than our big KT fan. :p

So at least they have NX kits now it would seem.

Tagg9

Hold the phone!

Does this indeed mean the rumors of the NDA lifting are true? Can 3rd-parties finally talk?! :O

Seems unlikely. They probably can't announce anything concrete until Nintendo comes out and reveals the hardware and first-party games. Which probably won't be until fall or even January.

zulux21

while I would love for it to be a new hyrule warriors game.
in general it seems like Koei has a dynasty or samurai warriors game ready for launch of most systems (I think for the wiiu it was warriors orochi 3, while 3ds was samurai warriors, vita was dynasty warriors.)

eXistor

I hope to god this is an actual sequel to Hyrule Warriors and not another remaster. Or an actually good Fatal Frame game, we haven't had one of those in years.

Eolz

Hold the phone!

Does this indeed mean the rumors of the NDA lifting are true? Can 3rd-parties finally talk?! :O

No, it's just that since it's finally announced, third parties won't have to backpedal everytime they talk about ir.
TGS should be really interesting.

On this topic apart from HW2 and the usual Warriors port at the time, I'm thinking about DOA6.

Vena

... Makes me think hardware production really was the delay source. Specs have to be effectively nailed down and lots are out there if word is starting to come out.

They have time to make like 20 games until console release.

Funny enough they were among the small few to actually have a decent quantity of Wii U titles early on:

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Warriors Orochi 3
Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2
Romance of the Three Kingdoms 12

All at launch and in the launch window IIRC.

Hyrule Warriors was a fine game, had my share of fun with the game and the DLC. If they want to continue the series, i'm in for a sequel, but i kinda don't want a port of the first game again after Legends.

... Who am i kidding, of course it's probably going to be a Remaster with all DLC for launch window before there could be a sequel, it's Koei Tecmo after all, masters of porting.

Starting development..?
It's Koei Tecmo, they could start a month before console release and still have something ready for launch day. ^^

Last Fatal Frame was in 2014 and that was just two and a half years after the Wii remake of 2.

Could definitely see them having another one in 2017.

Guymelef

KT's Akihiro Suzuki was who said years ago that Wii U Cpu was worse than PS3/X360, hope they talk again about specs.

crinale

KOEI's CEO kept mentioning NX from quite a while ago it's no surprise. And that really made me thing NX is coming out this year but I got trolled :(

LewieP

Is Nioh fully PS4 exclusive or only timed exclusive? I seem to recall thinking there was scope at least for a PC version when it was first announced.

Rubixcuba

Banned
Hmm, does this mean that 3rd parties can now openly declare they have games in development for NX?

Could a third party say "This game is coming to PS4, Xbox One and the to be released NX" at E3?

Hey Koei, remember when you used to make Strategy games? Remember those good old days? Maybe it's time for Uncharted Waters 5? How about another Genghis Khan game? A little Gemfire maybe? Oh shit, what about a NEW strategy IP?! No? Ok...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom