• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koizumi / Hayashida interview: No Mario 3D World DLC, will reveal next project soon

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
So, my twitter timeline just lit up with this but I didn't see a thread. Lock if old.

From a Spanish article. http://tecnologia.elpais.com/tecnologia/2013/06/17/actualidad/1371473880_093710.html

Google translation:

Q. Some believe that the downloadable content is back to pay for something, is this title, as the current Wii U, will have this option?

KH. For now we have no plans in that direction.

Q. What is your next job?

KH: At the moment, Super Mario 3D World, 100%.

YK: I can not disclose now, but soon we will make an announcement.

Anteo

When are they going to release SM3DW? If its already 100% what are they waiting for? (Besides manufacturing and all that)

Shahadan

God willing it's gonna be a proper 3D mario game

Technically it could be argued that 3D Land and World are the "proper" 3D Mario games, since they are, actually...3D Mario games. They're the natural evolution on SMB1-3 and SMW.

64/Sunshine/Galaxy are the oddities.

If, of course, the "proper" talk wasn't total bullshit.

Dark-VIII

So the 3D land/World series will be something like NSMB series... I am ok with that
Now gimme the proper 3D Mario game!

Here's hoping Koizumi's next project is a bit more creative than SM3DW. I honestly have zero interest in a console version of SM3DL...I was really hoping for a legit follow-up to Galaxy.

Bring it on, Koizumi. And bring back that epic orchestra while you're at it.

OmahaG8

Technically it could be argued that 3D Land and World are the "proper" 3D Mario games, since they are, actually...3D Mario games. They're the natural evolution on SMB1-3 and SMW.

64/Sunshine/Galaxy are the oddities.

If, of course, the "proper" talk wasn't total bullshit.

Look at me! I know exactly what he's talking about, but I'm gonna pretend they're all proper 3D games!

Hakai

If they are 100% at Mario3DWorld the chances the other project to be an "epic"(hate the term but...oh well) Mario is slim.

If that was the case they wouldn't be making an announcement soon.

Shahadan

Look at me! I know exactly what he's talking about, but I'm gonna pretend they're all proper 3D games!

"proper" talk is bullshit, that's all.
Most complaints about this game are bullshit. 3DLand was praised for the same reasons 3D world is complained about.

I wanted something else too and probably won't buy it anyway, but come on.

EhoaVash

probably Mario galaxy 1 & 2 re-released in HD for wii U :p

:p

..but seriously ..anything to get that galaxy epicness back into 3D mario

VertPin

Make something as revolutionary as SM64 + SMG1/2 combined with explorable worlds like SM64 and Sunshine with Yoshi rideable and I will be there day 1.

This will be a "proper" 3D Mario game, just like 3D Land. And it'll be awesome, just like 3D Land.

But yeah, I'd love to get one with the Galaxy controls soon, and one that experiments more with level/game design like Galaxy 1/2 did.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Something entirely new. Please. PLEASE.

Super Mario 3D World can't come out soon enough to dispel this horseshit. It will be interesting to see who clings dogmatically to their initital dismissal of the game and who realizes how stupid it is to underestimate EAD Tokyo. Because I'm feeling confident that game is is going to school the haters, hard.

Shahadan

Super Mario 3D World can't come out soon enough to dispel this horseshit. It will be interesting to see who clings dogmatically to their initital dismissal of the game and who realizes how stupid it is to underestimate EAD Tokyo. Because I'm feeling confident that game is is going to school the haters, hard.

Well NSMBU is already out and people still act like it was a HD wii game with re-used everything, and not worth their time to even try it.

So I wouldn't be so sure about that.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
RIght, like they would announce soon another Mario 3d, even before this one launches.

Let's see what's the surprise IP.

We've seen the levels and besides Mario flying through space, the levels are even bigger than the ones in Galaxy. Creatively and musically is another issue, but I hope for a new IP rather than waste time on a "real 3d mario"

Make something as revolutionary as SM64 + SMG1/2 combined with explorable worlds like SM64 and Sunshine with Yoshi rideable and I will be there day 1.

This is the problem with people: you want Mario to be revolutionary, and then want it to be similar to its predecessors. Those two things are not exactly compatible. And I wish we could stop calling Mario Galaxy "revolutionary" - it's magical, whimsical, imaginative, creative and fun, but it's not a "revolution" of 3D Mario gameplay established by Mario 64. It's practically Mario 64 in space.

Anyway, is Koizumi saying that "his" next project will be announced soon, or that EAD Tokyo will announce another project soon?

Mario_Bros._Gameplay.gif

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Bros.

probably Mario galaxy 1 & 2 re-released in HD for wii U :p

:p

..but seriously ..anything to get that galaxy epicness back into 3D mario

Would LOVE at least a Galaxy 2 HDmake.

But how about a fucking 3D DK from the team? Retro's busy with 2D DK with DKCTF, now it's about time EAD Tokyo moved away from Mario and give DK a second go at 3D, let's see how they use their 3D Mario experience into making a 3D DK game.

I'd even be fine not having Grant on the music if they give DK an awesome orchestra, seriously give him the Galaxy treatment, but this time don't pull a Jungle Beat, bring back K. Rool and the Kremlings. EAD Tokyo is obviously VERY kind to Mario's history, look at all the enemies that have been brought back after decades!

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Their next game should be either

1. A single player 3D Mario that looks as good as Mario Kart 8, with twisty upside down worlds and all.

or

2. Metroid

I've been wanting to see EAD Tokyo do metroid ever since using the pointer to control Yoshi's tongue in Galaxy 2. Keep it 3D isometric like galaxy 2 but add more hidden areas etc.

WolvenOne

I really hope they're close to being done with 3D World soon. The game DOES look fun, but I'm looking forward to seeing something more ambitious.

If its being announced soon (ie within the next two years) it's not another Mario game.

Honestly, short of an unexpected blockbuster franchise revival, New IP seems most likely.

Azure J

Yup, that pretty much confirms my prior suspicions that they have another game in the "64" lineage (Mario 64, Sunshine, Galaxy 1 & 2) coming up and Super Mario 3D World is just it's own thing.

Top Bottom