• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima is teasing new trailer and off-screen pics for MGSV: The Phantom Pain

Has it been at all mentioned if there will be wildlife to hunt? It would be nice to go back to how MGS3 was, and have to hunt for food.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I may be wrong and completely mad about him being in MGS5. But there is far too much noise happening.

At a guess, I'd say you're both.

He's not answering stuff cryptically. He's said outright numerous times that he isn't in TPP or playing Snake. People are choosing to read things into his tweets that simply aren't there. Playing Snake was a huge part of his life and the key path to his current level of 'success'. Unlike a lot of actors who are in a role for a long time, he still loves it and the fact that he was part of it. It's how most fans know him, after all. Can you imagine how many times he's asked to "Do Snake!" or "Say Metal Gear!"?

Has it been at all mentioned if there will be wildlife to hunt? It would be nice to go back to how MGS3 was, and have to hunt for food.

there is wildlife, and you can definitely kill or fulton them. i'm not sure if eating to survive is a part of that equation though

At a guess, I'd say you're both.

He's not answering stuff cryptically. He's said outright numerous times that he isn't in TPP or playing Snake. People are choosing to read things into his tweets that simply aren't there. Playing Snake was a huge part of his life and the key path to his current level of 'success'. Unlike a lot of actors who are in a role for a long time, he still loves it and the fact that he was part of it. It's how most fans know him, after all. Can you imagine how many times he's asked to "Do Snake!" or "Say Metal Gear!"?

Let us bookmark your reply and we will know who exactly is what when MGS5 releases :p

cackhyena

The fucking jittery nature of that video was making me nauseated. Anyways, I don't get why people are thinking this is anything other than him plopping a certain model down in a different terrain. It's probably just a skin you can unlock after certain requirements met. I don't know why anyone would want to play in that outfit over the fatigues, though.

there is wildlife, and you can definitely kill or fulton them. i'm not sure if eating to survive is a part of that equation though

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully there are some nice predatory animals lurking about certain zones, it would be nice to be able to lure them into enemy camps like in Far Cry.

I respect your opinion Ocelot but think about it. Its been like 2 years since he was removed and he still replies and acts cryptic to all queries regarding MGS. If he is no longer Snake, he should not be envisioning him as Solid Snake. I am not sure how much you follow him on Twitter and social spaces. In the last one year or so he has aggressively pushed him as Solid Snake during conventions.

I may be wrong and completely mad about him being in MGS5. But there is far too much noise happening.

lmao
Exactly what is so cryptic about that tweet?

Batzi

Banned
and he actually acts. voice acting is not just doing crazy voices, you still have to convey the emotion of the character you're portraying. something that david hayter has always been quite poor at doing

Exactly. Kojima did a good job at not only replacing Big Boss' voice actor but choosing the right one too. Anyone who watched 24 would know what to expect from The Phantom Pain when it comes to conveying emotions.

jack-bauer-cry-o.gif

Exactly. Kojima did a good job at not only replacing Big Boss' voice actor but choosing the right one too. Anyone who watched 24 would know what to expect from The Phantom Pain when it comes to conveying emotions.

jack-bauer-cry-o.gif

Ahhh I see he's quite good at conveying the emotion I had when he was announced as Big Boss' voice.

MajorTom

and he actually acts. voice acting is not just doing crazy voices, you still have to convey the emotion of the character you're portraying. something that david hayter has always been quite poor at doing
In my opinion he's a good actor but I don't really think he has a great sounding voice for big boss. I can live with it pretty easily because the game itself will most likely be great, but I do wish he at least tried to use a different voice.

From all we have heard I don't think he voice acts that well(though I liked him in COD:W@W) or has a very fitting voice..
but hey thats just me.

raven777

“I know you’ve all been eagerly await for word on releasing timing,” a Kojima Productions spokesperson said during the broadcast. “I think we should be able to announce that soon, so look forward to that. It’s only a little longer.”

As far as upcoming events go, The Phantom Pain will be at the Taipei Game Show on January 31 with “new information.”

http://gematsu.com/2015/01/metal-gear-solid-v-phantom-pain-release-date-nearing-announcement

micster

Is Kojima a big fan of Christopher Nolan? If so can you imagine the outrage and tears if at the end of the next trailer it just said 'One Year From Now' like Interstellar.

DieH@rd

Banned
People are now freaking out just because some website reposted something we knew from before?

What is wrong with you? :D

Randam

seriously, threads need a date in their title, so I don't get confused when they get pushed back to the first page after weeks/months..

Top Bottom