• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima is teasing new trailer and off-screen pics for MGSV: The Phantom Pain

Chinner

Banned
Also this voice!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVVHYGlh5DI

Hayter can still do his young voice from 1998 :D

Edit: The video described Hayter as: Best known as the English voice for Solid Snake in the Metal Gear video game series :p

I'm glad that he's gone, as he can't deliver that emotional variation in his voice that is required for MGS games. He gives a very cheesy performance, so he'll fit right into marvel heroes with no problems.

eso76

Oh please. I get that when the voice of a popular character changes something is lost, but claiming Hayter is as good an actor as Sutherland is madness.

Now whether he took the job seriously and had decent material to work with remains to be seen.

raven777

B8QkK_DCEAIKT1a.jpg:large

B8QkUBFCIAIf9eJ.jpg:large

This pretty much proves why Hayter is infinitely better than Sutherland. Such an iconic voice!

Yes. I think he did a great job in Peace Walker. Plus, that video proves again that even if you did not liked his voice, don't blame him, blame Kris Zimmerman for her direction. Hayter was, is and will always be awesome as Big Boss. Although I like Kiefer, I would still prefer Hayter. But it's done so no one can do anything about it. But let us just hope that Konami aren't stupid enough to replace him as Solid Snake. That would be a tragedy.

Neo Member
I'm glad that he's gone, as he can't deliver that emotional variation in his voice that is required for MGS games. He gives a very cheesy performance, so he'll fit right into marvel heroes with no problems.

Thank you. I'm as nostalgic about the old MGS games as anyone, but Hayter was holding the character back. His performances were awful and distracting.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
DD!

Hope we see him in action soon.

B8gS_8hCUAAxEgR.jpg:large

SCE booth at Taipei Game Show!

B8gLsqNCUAExKs8.jpg:large

Nibel

Character model of the year.

EWmof.gif

What's that logo on his left arm?

He's wearing his shock-arm I suppose; the red one doesn't have a logo on it while this one is yellow and its logo has some signs of electricity

Top Bottom