• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima is teasing new trailer and off-screen pics for MGSV: The Phantom Pain

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
B-rkEHsVIAAkTQk.jpg:large

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Needs release date ......... NOW!

God damn it Kojima, release date, now.

Yeah about that release date... JunkerHQ translated Kojima's latest tweets and they're still running into a lot of big and small problems.

https://twitter.com/JunkerHQNet/with_replies

B-uDIavW0AIFcEw.jpg:large

Fulton Trap concept art (1,000 tweets celebration)

The official Metal Gear Online twitter answers all questions around "The Fulton Trap" item right now.

https://twitter.com/MetalGearOnline/status/570694163844321280

rataplein

so at one point, when we are millonaires in kojima points, we can order THAT to drop in the middle of a mission??. looks awesome!.

valkyre

Can anyone care to explain what the problem is that Kojima is trying to solve? I honestly dont get it...

MGSV allows you free stealth mission in open world. Not only broad map but also infiltrate routes/transport methods depends on you. (cont)

We must compensate spontaneous freedom in order to avoid incoherency. What I'm doing right now is to solve such problem.

Let's say we plan on climbing mountain. We start from preliminary investigation, training, mapping, getting gear, simulating before action.

(cont) But unexpected happens (different map, bad weather, dead-end road, wrong gear, thin air, someone gets sick) when actually climbed.

It is the same as game/movie creation. We encounter many various problems during dev from big to small but it never completes unless solving

(cont) this problem. No point/choice of return. It's only how we beat our brains out and aim the top of the target, that's the best part.

Is the unexpected a bad thing according to Kojima?

Sounds like they are struggling with people that use different tactics to complete missions rather than the "right" way, or maybe people that do things out of order, killing an NPC that plays a part in a later bit of the mission, or completely bypassing parts of missions causing them to break.

The unpredictable nature of an open world, do anything game is causing them problems.

Betty

Banned
Is the unexpected a bad thing according to Kojima?

With the weather, the buddies, the wildlife, the tanks/choppers and all the different guards and bases it's probably a case of making them all work without impacting one another too drastically in a game breaking way.

Same as any open world game.

Loakum

Banned
Seeing how long it's taking to create Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain, it was a wise move on Konami's behalf to release MGSV Ground Zeroes. The budget for this game has to be enormous. It's like Kojima is trying to create his own MGS version of Grand Theft Auto V (in terms of scale).

Top Bottom