• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KOJIMA: Pokes fun at the other Next Generation consoles In MGS4 ** Spoilers**

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQman2121

Banned
dabookerman said:
8 Minutes = first install, when you start the game.

Then before each act, the time it takes to install is as follows

Act 2 - 3 mins
Act 3 - 3 mins
Act 4 - 2 mins
Act 5 - 1 min

It should be noted that these shorter installs are because the cut scenes in between acts are like mini movies. 30 minutes+ is what I'm hearing and they only have to be loaded once on the first play through.......

birdman

BobFromPikeCreek said:
Why is the voice acting so bad? Not a troll, serious question. Snake sounds awful.

Hayter is using an "older" Snake voice in MGS4, if that's what you're referring to.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Kagari said:
It's only a 1 time deal. When you replay the game, it doesn't happen. Also, NO GAME HAS EVER BEEN 50GB.

why would you want to replay this game? The story is great, but after it is done, it's done...
And being 50GB when most of the disk is filled with repeated data because of the slow disc drive...

BrodiemanTTR said:
I thought I read somewhere that years of doing the exaggerated Snake voice has left David Hayter's vocals in a bad state, which is why he sounds bad in SSBB too.
Seriously? That sucks if true, it's not like he did the voice constantly everyday though...

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
birdman said:
Hayter is using an "older" Snake voice in MGS4, if that's what you're referring to.

Yeah I get that, but I will say that it's getting painful to listen to as well

Darkpen

Banned
dabookerman said:
Installs ONCE. After that, nothing.

Swapping disc every single time...

I see no benefit -_-
wait, is it 8 minutes for the one install, or is it 8 minutes for the initial install, then subsequent installs for the acts?

karasu

Emiru said:
Still easier to swap a disk.

?? It's easier to maintain one disk than it is to maintain five. Who WANTS to swap discs? Who defends sapping discs? So strange.

Nif

GQman2121 said:
and they only have to be loaded once on the first play through.......

I've heard otherwise, but maybe it was changed for retail copies. I don't think I care about mid-game installs or disc swapping. I just find it funny when anyone can prefer one and bash the other. :lol Go console wars.

The joke would have been a lot funnier if they'd left it at swapping disk 1 and disk 2 instead of yammering on about playstation 3 and blu-ray. Kind of like those extraneous panels in the comic strip with the furries.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
manueldelalas said:
why would you want to replay this game? The story is great, but after it is done, it's done...
And being 50GB when most of the disk is filled with repeated data because of the slow disc drive...

:lol

Seriously?

Darkpen

Banned
Open Source said:
The joke would have been a lot funnier if they'd left it at swapping disk 1 and disk 2 instead of yammering on about playstation 3 and blu-ray. Kind of like those extraneous panels in the comic strip with the furries.
:|

*sigh*

sometimes, GAF makes me sad

Frog

dabookerman said:
8 Minutes = first install, when you start the game.

Then before each act, the time it takes to install is as follows

Act 2 - 3 mins
Act 3 - 3 mins
Act 4 - 2 mins
Act 5 - 1 min

These are one-time-only installs, right? You don't have to wait between acts the second time you play?

Edit: Wow I'm late.

Open Source said:
Kojima and subtlety don't exactly mesh most of the time.

Emiru said:
like I said dont care about MGS4, I dont want to sit down and watch over hours worth of cutscenes, When I turn on my console, I want to play a game not watch a movie. Kojima should not be poking fun at disk swaps when his games have an average of 5 minute installs.

Why the hell do you even want to play the game..

Kunan

Open Source said:
VGCats' influence spreads.

Maybe they could've talked about how the blu-ray is so slow they need to install cache. I kid, I kid, I like the idea of only using one disc.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
That was funny, but Kojima is really infatuated with BluRay and "OMG teh dual layer". Still, nice jab.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Kagari said:
:lol

Seriously?

For a game that is 50% movie, and 50% good but not great and many times tedious gameplay, where you have to play 4 other games to understand the story (or cheat and watch the GT retrospective), I really don't see the point replaying it... Would be like replaying an RPG.

LM4sure

Banned
Emiru said:
like I said dont care about MGS4, I dont want to sit down and watch over hours worth of cutscenes, When I turn on my console, I want to play a game not watch a movie. Kojima should not be poking fun at disk swaps when his games have an average of 5 minute installs.

You are awesome! I posted something similar. I'm glad to see I'm not alone! I'm sure the gameplay will be fun, but at what cost? Hours of dialog and a terrible story (imo).

Tutomos

LM4sure said:
That is stupid and a waste of time.

That is one of the things I hate about the mgs games. All this unnecessary dialog. I just want to play the damn game, not listen to these douches talk for hours on end!!!!

I guess you don't like foreplay either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom