• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima Producion working on a free patch for PS3 version of Z.O.E HD

jackdoe

I'm weary as to how much of an improvement a patch can provide. Especially since it seems like the game would need a massive overhaul to increase the framerate by 50% while restoring missing effects which were probably removed in the first place due to framerate issues. If they wouldn't put in the time and money before launch, why would they spend more time and money to fix a game that has pretty much passed its window for decent sales?

And I'm laughing at the ZOE franchise re-evaluation. It's their own damn fault that the franchise name was damaged by the HD Collection screw up.

they mentioned PS3 version had problem with translucent effects because the game had so much of them.

I remember someone saying there is some part of PS2 that is better than PS3 (texture related I think). Does anyone know what it is?

PS2 was a beast for transparencies and particle effects. Something ZOE2 uses at is fullest.

I find it pretty welcoming that they're admitting they screwed the PS3 version up and are going to patch it. Could have been prevented in the first place, but it's always good to see they're fixing their issues. I planned to get the HD remaster, but the performance of the game always bothered me to buy this. Now I can safely grab a PS3 copy too. Better late than never.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
manzo said:
I wouldn't get my hopes up. They need significantly change the game code to get past the 25gb/sec membus vs 40gb on PS2.
Well original ZOE1 runs fine emulated on PS3, blaming the hw for underperformance of a so called "enhanced" port is a bit of a stretch.

At most this will probably get it to match the 360 version, which isn't even perfect either.
Kojima also mentions that because of this incident (ZOE HD) he canceled the project for the sequel(ZOE3), and he disband the team on the project. He wants to hear from the fans again (with the patch/new version).

There were some important bits censored out on the radio, and the tone was not super serious so I don't know how true it is about ZOE3
ite00jVZvkPcK.gif

MarkusRJR

Bought the collector's edition at launch but haven't got around to playing it. Guess I'll hold out a little longer and wait for the patch.

Desmond

Guys,they're obviously saying it will be a free patch in that the improvements aren't exclusive to this planned disc re-release. Same thing happened with the MGS4 Trophy Edition.

If they could barely get the game running at 720p, no AA, and with bad framerate on the PS3 I can't imagine how the game will perform on the Vita.
If it was ported using the Bluepoint Engine I can imagine it running smoothly. That thing is well optimized for the Vita.

Top Bottom