• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima Station Officially Suspended/Konami Apologizes For Concerns

Well I guess that cements it, we don't know all the facts but this is really "ugly" and definitely suggests that the split between Konami and Kojima is on bad terms regardless of who is causing the problems.

No...please, leave Chico, just...leave him there.

Pelekotans has my vote. Please leave Chico.

If that's the fear, and I've heard it or read it several times now, there's no reason to expect MGS V to be safe from overzealous monetization ideas. Hypothetically speaking of course.
I think it's just a hope that MGSV is too far along for any major changes to happen.

It's MGO, I'm worried about.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Konami doing more dodge rolling than a character in Dark Souls.

So basically, the rumors were pretty accurate, it's just covered in PR speak.

Yup, let's keep pushing them. We want word from Kojima himself not some PR bullshit.

Sn4ke_911

Looks like Quiet met Kojima.

2015-03-2614_59_12-st5djpa.png

HE'S ALIVE!

Sn4ke_911

Pfiou ..i was worried about the twitter team for a second ..

or not

Seriously at this point i'm just happy Stefanie got to met Kojima.

It's more reassuring than all the Konami PR shit we got.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Sounds like Konami are fed up of long it's taking and are cracking down of non-development things happening in working hours

The game was on track for a June release, it being all done and just in a QA pass. The heavily-based-in-reality rumour was that if it slipped to September it was simply because Konami felt it needed a good half year of dramatic promotion rather than a surprisingly soon release date.

Thats made all the more hilarious now that they've kneecapped their own ability to promote the game.

Basically, Konami are lying a lot and it is foolish to believe anything they say at this juncture. They're trying to start up some Steve Jobs level reality distortion field and hope it persists.

Justified

The game was on track for a June release, it being all done and just in a QA pass. The heavily-based-in-reality rumour was that if it slipped to September it was simply because Konami felt it needed a good half year of dramatic promotion rather than a surprisingly soon release date.

Thats made all the more hilarious now that they've kneecapped their own ability to promote the game.

Basically, Konami are lying a lot and it is foolish to believe anything they say at this juncture. They're trying to start up some Steve Jobs level reality distortion field and hope it persists.

I need to see some citations please...

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds like Konami are fed up of long it's taking and are cracking down of non-development things happening in working hours

Seems believable, but still doesn't explain why Kojima Production branding is being removed.

Fury451

Banned
Dat smile, everything seems ok.

2pdkf5gjxk.jpg

Not pictured: Offscreen gunman.

They said why, corporate restructuring

That doesn't begin to explain it. There's no reason they wouldn't leave it the Kojipro emblem and "A Hideo Kojima Game" on the box because of a restructuring.

They've had some sort of major disagreement, and they don't need to talk about it now, but it's clear what they're saying is damage control to show that V is still being worked on (they keep emphasizing by Kojima and his team to a suspicious degree), and will be released so "Please buy it everything is fine no worries to be had move along".

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Hope he's in good spirits. BTW, what are the things they're holding in their hands?

He looks on the verge of tears. He knows GAF will see this image, is there a secret message hidden anywhere?

I bet he almost broke the Stephanie's hand when he shook it.

Justified

Not pictured: Offscreen gunman.

That doesn't begin to explain it. There's no reason they wouldn't leave it the Kojipro emblem and "A Hideo Kojima Game" on the box because of a restructuring.

They've had some sort of major disagreement, and they don't need to talk about it now, but it's clear what they're saying is damage control to show that V is still being worked on (they keep emphasizing by Kojima and his team to a suspicious degree), and will be released so "Please buy it everything is fine no worries to be had move along".

lol @ bold

Sn4ke_911

You expect him not to smile in a picture? That would be rude. It really suggests nothing of his current state of mind.

Someone hasn't seen much Kojima pics in his life. He doesn't smile very often.

and it was more of a joke that everything is ok because he smiles lol

Sn4ke_911

Maybe it isn't as bad as we thought.

This is from the MGS2 final hours documentary.

The no e-mail, twitter and internet restriction is probably because of the pressure they have now to finish the game.

originaltvsy8.jpg

OrochiJR

I did not follow all the threads on the whole issue, but has it been ruled out that Kojima was asked by Konami to alter stuff in the game due to being too controversial (as he implied in the past) and maybe did not want his name associated with a "neutered" product that he does not approve of 100%?

I did not follow all the threads on the whole issue, but has it been ruled out that Kojima was asked by Konami to alter stuff in the game due to being too controversial (as he implied in the past) and maybe did not want his name associated with a "neutered" product that he does not approve of 100%?

Rubbish. You should pay more attention, they were retroactively removing Kojima's name from PAST GAMES as well.

neoism

Guys, can you even begin to imagine the types of easter eggs and indirect references to this incident in the game (of course he'd do it in a way not sueable by Konami)

I think it could make for a nice thread of its own but I chickened out.

I really hope this happens but KONAMI will just patch it out.... :/

Top Bottom