• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima teases Snake Eater 3D bundle 3DS (dat snake skin)

mutsu

This is not a topic about 3DS screen scratches...

Seriously I would love to have Konami prove me wrong when this game is released. So far, the demo did not help me confirm my purchase at all, which is not a good thing. Isn't the point of a demo to convince people to buy the game? If it's an half-assed effort on the demo and the end product is going to be far better, then DON'T RELEASE THE DEMO!

jokkir

wUj3A.jpg

Anywho, I want dat 3DS. I have to see it completely though.

Sophia

I think it comes from mishandling the system, like applying a lot of pressure on the the unit while it's closed.

I carry the thing around in my pocket and the smudges still wipe off clean.

Mine sits on the charger most days and still gets the smudges. I'm kinda worried about it.

http://andriasang.com/comzpc/mgs_snake_eater_3ds_raffle/

Getting your hands on one of those special snake themed Metal Gear Solid 3DS systems is going to be tough. Yes, tougher than just filling out a form at the Konami Style e-Shop.

In addition to being made available exclusively through Konami Style, the system bundle will be sold via raffle. If you win the raffle, you'll still have to pay for the system, of course. The bundle, which includes a copy of the game, the snake styled 3DS system, and two clear files as a bonus, will sell for ¥22,980.

n4Cvk.jpg

VK4U2.jpg

rg8ZL.jpg

backlot

Two clear files as a bonus? Are they intentionally limiting the amount of save slots for the normal release of the game?

Eusis

Woah black 3DS box? I like.
It's one of the only rating-related things I'd actually kind of like to see adopted beyond its native country. Segregating them by going black instead of white can actually look really nice (and seems like it'd probably be more useful selling games here, amusingly enough).

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
That looks awesome . . . unfortunately I can't buy it. I'll just have to borrow my nephew's 3DS for now.

Kojima posted some good quality pics of the system:

sOYtI.jpg

OXGUy.jpg

I also found these screenshots on Konami's press site. They seem to be direct captures from a dev unit, I haven't seen them anywhere else:

jUtzR.jpg

nSvQw.jpg

sYuZH.jpg

2gZFz.jpg

6lStK.jpg

zqP31.jpg

EtjwF.jpg

yqZnD.jpg

YWvDW.jpg

watershed

Banned
Those screenshots look pretty good. The shadows in particular look much improved from the earlier stuff. Maybe I'll put this game back on my radar.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Oh, wow. They improved it in the end.
It can be seen especially with the image of Snake holding the gun, I think, since I don't remeber looking like this that part...IIRC.

ShinNL

Is it improved? Hard to tell if it's not in motion. Looking at the screenshots it seems like something I could buy. But I still remember seeing the video for the first time... it looked atrocious. If they improved stuff then I'll be interested again :eek:

Was a date given for when the US is getting the demo? I heard the demo is kinda garbage but I'd like to play :D

Hmmmmmmm I already have a 3DS but I'm a sucker for special edition systems

Ridley327

Seems like the graphics got a bit of a boost (Snake's beard actually has whiskers now!). Of course, given demo impressions, how it runs has been the bigger issue and screens aren't going to tell that story.

The M.O.B

Was a date given for when the US is getting the demo? I heard the demo is kinda garbage but I'd like to play :D

Hmmmmmmm I already have a 3DS but I'm a sucker for special edition systems

If the Resident Evil demo and Mario & Sonic demos are any indication, demo comes out 2 weeks and the Thursday before the game

Resident Evil demo came on the 19th on Jan with the full game coming Feb 7th

Mario & Sonic Olympics came the week after RE with the full game releasing exactly a week after Resident evil.

Snake Eater comes out on the 21th, a week after Mario & Sonic so next Thursday we should get the demo.

Slime

Banned
I've kind of been of the mind for a while that this is kind of pointless with the "HD" Vita version around the corner. But these screenshots look a lot better than they did before, and now that Circle Pad support is confirmed it should be less of a pain in the ass to play.

In some ways I could see this being an almost definitive version of the game, what with the menu crap dedicated to a screen of its own. That was always my main problem with the game and honestly I see it adding more to the experience than increased graphical fidelity. That said, higher resolutions really help with seeing targets in the jungle and I could see this version suffering because of that. I wonder if KojiPro would port the HD collection to Wii U with the 3DS version's menu features on the pad. That would probably be the definitive version.

I think I might end up picking this up anyway just to see how much better it feels without all that menu navigation interrupting the experience.

The Boat

I like this. CQC is so complicated. :p

This. I don't know if you're kidding, but I fucking hate CQC, they make it seems like it's some sort of big deal, but it's complicated and at the same time... it's nothing! It's not rocket science, but it's just... not clear.

Weirdly, those shots aren't 3D. I just put together a photoshop file that cut it into slices and then used Stereo Photo maker to make MPOs, but it was obvious just from looking closer that the right images are exactly the same as the left. If not exactly, then too close to be actual 3D. They must have had it off in their capture device.

Top Bottom